Bailey

Propaganda Banners!

Hey guys, recently I've been thinking of making some banners for the Server to place on walls, such as "Loose lips sink starships", etc. To give the Server a more authentic Imperial feel with the brainwashing propaganda in order to make all of their troopers subservient and worried about not reporting things.

I have some already in mind, but if you have any ideas or any links to ones that are cool, please send them through. And if any of the Graphic Designers want to make some, you're welcome to as well, I'll be looking at putting them on props and making them something you can actually put ingame. (@Kurt, @Vanilla, @Auzii and @Sully I think is all of them).

Also, yes, they need to be Imperial.

Any help is appreciated.

• Upvote 8

Hmmm, this is a good idea. I think the best course of action would be to take pre-existing propaganda posters that are already Star Wars themed in order to make them more authentic. 

Some that i could suggest are;

Spoiler

Image result for imperial propaganda

I think this is a great idea, Here is what I found and believe would spark some ideas.

Propaganda Concepts:

Spoiler

Related image

Related image

Related image

Image result for imperial propaganda - Personal favourite 

Related image

16 minutes ago, Sully said:

Hmmm, this is a good idea. I think the best course of action would be to take pre-existing propaganda posters that are already Star Wars themed in order to make them more authentic. 

Some that i could suggest are;

Reveal hidden contents

I totally agree, was just curious if any of you wanted to make some, get some work on the Workshop :)

• Upvote 1

Just now, Bailey said:

I totally agree, was just curious if any of you wanted to make some, get some work on the Workshop :)

I'll try and scheme up some ideas and I will see if the others want to as well :) 

I think this is a good idea, but maybe not best to be around the Star Destroyer, I can't imagine you'd see much propaganda / art on an Imperial Star Destroyer, although, I think the posters would be an excellent addition to maps like Naboo in where we get involved with Citizens etc.

• Upvote 2

Love this idea, Having some propaganda centralised around players in the server would be fun and unique on the ships, also cool way to show off the appearance of some of our PAC users who spend a lot of time working on them.

You could attempt to make one from scratch, using quotes etc:

"But Imperial War Bonds today to help end this war!"

Or, alternatively, cause the there was several extremist groups...

"Is this the future you want?"

*grave in front of a blown up building with signpost - "innocent Citizen"*

"Don't let this happen again. Enlist in the Army today"

• Upvote 1

When I switch to Tarkin (which will be in a long while), I would kill for a banner proclaiming death to Saw Guerra's Partisans for assassinating Moff Panaka. This actually happens in canon.

Ya boi's gonna die :(

But yes, propaganda posters would be cool af but it would make more sense around the recruit room, mess hall and the whole of the Naboo city rather in the already strictly militarily operated areas of the Star Destroyer. +1 from me. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, SCHEFF said:

But yes, propaganda posters would be cool af but it would make more sense around the recruit room, mess hall and the whole of the Naboo city rather in the already strictly militarily operated areas of the Star Destroyer. +1 from me. 

Different places for different posters. 

- No point putting recruitment posters up near the Bridge, they would only work around the recruit room, Naboo etc. 

Recruitment: Recruit Room / Naboo

Army Focused: Debrief / Bunks

Got to have a place for every one of them.

Thanks. 

• Upvote 1

I found this quote on the Engineer Wiki: https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Imperial_Engineering_Corps

"It was Imperial Transport who brought you there, Imperial Supply who arranged and provisioned that house for you, and Imperial Engineering who built the camouflaged island landing site for your use."

―Grand Admiral Thrawn

It's a bit long, but I reckon it could be a pretty cool morale/navy promotion piece. Maybe in NAVY, ISC and/or Engineer bunks would be a nice place to put it in.

(Imperial Transport: ISC
Imperial Supply: NAVY
Imperial Engineering: Engineers)

1 hour ago, SCHEFF said:

When I switch to Tarkin (which will be in a long while), I would kill for a banner proclaiming death to Saw Guerra's Partisans for assassinating Moff Panaka. This actually happens in canon.

Is someone gonna tell him or should I? Scheff I think you need to speak to Welshy.

18 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Is someone gonna tell him or should I? Scheff I think you need to speak to Welshy.

I am aware.

Hence why I said "(which will be in a long while)"

Edited by SCHEFF

37 minutes ago, SCHEFF said:

I am aware.

Hence why I said "(which will be in a long while)"

Copy that, just making sure.

2 hours ago, Marsh said:

Different places for different posters. 

- No point putting recruitment posters up near the Bridge, they would only work around the recruit room, Naboo etc. 

Recruitment: Recruit Room / Naboo

Army Focused: Debrief / Bunks

Got to have a place for every one of them.

Thanks. 

2 hours ago, SCHEFF said:

Ya boi's gonna die :(

Location is everything.  Will look weird having random posters spammed down hallways, but recruiting posters will look perfect in bunks, security posters near the brig, server room or on the battlestation etc. 

2 hours ago, Ape said:

Imma see if i can make one that's not super sh*t 

Well this is what I did now might change it but IDK I think it looks decent I guess. ServeWithHonour2.thumb.jpg.6626ad7482347d96d6ce71299627d636.jpg