Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bailey

Are You Feeling Ok?

Hello Imperial Gaming,

Last night I was given the news that one of my friends had taken his own life. my friend Daniel was a person who I had met through Star Wars RP and someone I hadn't spoken to consistently, but we always managed to find our way back to talking to each other, he was a good guy and it pains me to know that I'm not going to be able to talk to him ever again, but, in thinking of this and in his memory, I'd like to speak to the Imperial Gaming Community as a whole about mental health and making sure you're all ok.

This is not just to those who are my friends, this is to everybody, we all struggle, we all have problems, but you are loved, cared for and people enjoy your company, this world is better off with you here, as is this community, no matter how big or small your contribution. It is ok, not to be ok, every day in Australia, 4 young men take their own lives, and with our community predominantly being Males, this affects every single member of IG, no matter gender, race, age, creed, and friendships.

If you're not feeling ok, get help, speak to someone, if you can't speak to anyone you know, go online and speak to a Hotline. Speak to anyone, don't keep it bottled up, you're not alone and there are people trying to help everywhere. Stay safe.

I care for each and every one of you. 

Suicide Hotline
13 11 14

Black Dog Institute
https://www.blackdoginstitute.org.au/

Headspace Australia
https://headspace.org.au/eheadspace/

Rest in Peace Dan, I know you're watching over people now like you did when you were with us. Thank you for every memory we shared, I won't forget you. No one will.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 4
  • Upvote 14

you have my condolences and to daniel's family

reminds me of a dan I knew online who disappeared off the face of the internet cause someone bullied him, quite sad honestly.

4 minutes ago, Dexoys said:

you have my condolences and to daniel's family

reminds me of a dan I knew online who disappeared off the face of the internet cause someone bullied him, quite sad honestly.

Thank you. I don't like getting too serious on the forums, especially when I make topics, I like them to be light-hearted, but I needed to let everyone know that people aren't alone, because suicide is the most terrible thing.

• Upvote 1

It's really crap how life gets people down sometimes. I also know some people with mental health issues, and it really saddens me to see them down in the dumps about everything.

This is really good of you to do, but in my opinion it's probably better to keep those personal things personal y'know.

Thanks for this Bailey, and you are right, suicide is horrible and no one should feel as though they don't belong or are cared for.

• Upvote 1

It saddens me that life, school and bullying gets people down to the point where they feel like they can't move on. It happens far too often. Thank you, Bailey, for bringing this to people's attention as it is a massive issue in Australia and Thank you for providing these great services like Black Dog and Headspace, I've seen them help many people. I'm truly sorry for your loss Bailey and thank you.

As a casual/studying Hypnotherapist, friends often seek me out to help them with their life issues. The topic of suicide comes up often. I've helped people out with it, but I.. couldn't save everyone.

Hate the sin, love the sinner. No matter how hopeless things seem, no matter how badly you want to end things, know that you cut off the crossroad for an uncountable amount of people in your life. People who will never get to experience your laugh, hear your voice, and feel your skin. The path we walk as a species was not one of ease and grace. Us, as individuals, are biologically synced with a group, with a family. So if you're truly feeling alone, and without a group, a family. Seek us out. And we will help in any way we can. Thank you for this post bailey, I give my condolences to each and every person effected by this tragic loss. I wish you the best in preserving the memory of your friend, and moving on to greater things as he looks down on you, all the while smiling.

• Downvote 1

Sorry for your loss @Bailey

If anyone ever feels that down on here, or on any platform in general, go and talk to your friends and family. Don't keep it to yourself.

This is a good an positive message to be spreading, I personally have been the kind of middle man for a lot of my friends helping them through tough times. I too had someone close to me take their life, this was at the end of last year and it can affect you in a lot of ways. So whilst you are all here for us @Bailey, I would just like to let you know that we are all here for you too.

My condolences to you and the family.

I'm so sorry for your loss. This just sounds so terrible, especially since we don't know what happens behind closed doors. Someone who may look fine on the outside may be suffering inside.

If you need a chat, shoot me a message, I'm always up for a talk.

My deepest condolences for you and those your friend's passing has impacted. This issue is real, and I'm always happy to promote the fact that it is OK TO NOT BE OK!!

I, just today actually, sought help from a psychologist simply because my mood has been flattening, and I wanted to feel more invigorated towards life in general.

- It is not a sign of weakness to ask for help.
- It does not make you weak if you cant sort out your issues yourself.
- Usually, people feel this way towards seeking help because they want to stay 'in control'.
- Vulnerability is not weakness. When you feel vulnerable and bad at the same time, you could be feeling shame.

For those of you who have never been to a psychologist, let me sort out some (weirdly) common misconceptions:

- Therapists will not tell you how to live your life. It is literally their job to help you to feel comfortable, and help yourself.
- They will never judge you for any actions you have made or will make.
- They do not lie, or skirt around issues to make you feel better.
- If they say something that you do not believe to be true, you are well within your rights to say "hey, I don't think that's right, could it be something else?"

For those of you who have had a bad experience seeking professional help:

- Firstly, that's very unfortunate, and in my opinion two questions should be asked.
   1) Was I
resistant to it, and that is why I didn't like it? Or,
   2) Was the psychologist
not right for me?
If it is the former, great! Well, not great, but it means that you know you were resistant to it, so you know that you can still seek help if you change your mind.
If it is the latter,
change psychologists and try again! It's that easy!

That's all I really have to say to be honest. Society places so much taboo on men seeking psychological help (and women for that matter). Cut the sh*t. It's powerful to have the self-respect to seek advice and support to help yourself. Hell, people go to a psych when they're healthy too.

Thank you for making this post, as someone who deals with anxiety and depression, this really means a lot

On 5/20/2019 at 3:33 PM, Wombatiacus said:

It saddens me that life, school and bullying gets people down to the point where they feel like they can't move on. It happens far too often. Thank you, Bailey, for bringing this to people's attention as it is a massive issue in Australia and Thank you for providing these great services like Black Dog and Headspace, I've seen them help many people. I'm truly sorry for your loss Bailey and thank you.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Preview Post