Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
JMAN120

Things seem, restricted

So a lot of chat has been going around Stitches' peaceful protesting. Although admins have explained the situation as best they could,  it feels as though it is very restrictive to personalisation of your RP character. In cannon lore of Star wars, yes Personalisation was forbidden for Imperial troops, but I find it not very... fun. Customising your appearance and choosing the way you respond to situations is the fun thing about playing, from being serious to throwing glitter, your character is fun to customise. Now I know that PAC is the way to customise your character but when it comes to binds and things unique to you, its fun to press those.

So I think its restrictive, but what do you guys think?

• Upvote 3

An admins opinion would also be good to hear, on whether personally they think its restrictive or not, (don't lecture us about the rules, just your opinion on them)

Edited by JMAN120

I think it should just be dealt with in RP.

This is certainly an interesting topic to bring up. funny, even, that the topic of glitter was it's catalyst.

I think what defines the line between harmless RP and straight mingery is dependent upon a set of variables.

Practicality: Will this be suitable within our roleplay environment.

Enjoyment: Exactly how fun is this bit of RP.

Need: If we were to take this away, how would it effect the subject's character.

Absence: What else would be effected should this bit of RP be removed.

Thus far staff have concluded that this specific action (as humorous as it is) does not fit the criterea for application in a roleplay setting. Not to spark up any debates, as I respect people's opinion; but I am of the belief that limiting factors are required for a roleplay environment to flourish, so long as said limitations are generous, and mutually-assured. Yes, these limitations can seem dull, but without them, I would not like to see the server's state.

• Upvote 2

I don't believe it's overly restrictive, of course, it's restrictive, if it wasn't restrictive a new user could log in and be Palpatine, SWRP needs to be restrictive for it to ACTUALLY work. Some things should be dealt with in RP, but in the same instance, if for example, Red kept throwing her glitter after being told to stop, it could go all the way up to a Military Discharge because she's not following orders of her higher-ups.

People can be different, but it needs to be within RP. Throwing glitter is something that no one has been cited doing in the Star Wars Universe, particularly in a very drab and depressing environment, such as on a Star Destroyer.

• Upvote 1

Hey guys so the glitter will be allowed its just people will have the right to AOS you for using it because it would be considered disorderly conduct.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 7

1 minute ago, Head Coach Frank said:

Hey guys so the glitter will be allowed its just people will have the right to AOS you for using it because it would be considered disorderly conduct.

Dad has spoken, his word is law.

• Upvote 1

Not a staff member, but I try to deal with all situations that I'm presented with in-character. It highlights bad behaviour and will change roleplay instead of dismissing it entirely. In my eyes, I think you need residual effects from your actions to learn the consequences.

Take for example you attempt to kill a high rank without an immediately obvious motive. Instead of just being swiftly whisked away by staff and forcing others to forget about it, it can have a lasting effect on roleplay which will allow Shock/Riot and ISB to do their job and for others to know, in roleplay, how to act correctly. I'm not saying that all Attempted RDM should be ignored, but given the right circumstances it can still occur in roleplay, such as if you were tased and/or detained before staff got to you.

In terms of PAC, I believe in being as creative as possible and using it to stand out from the crowd. If that includes including some little spicy things such as throwing glitter or a custom dance, it should be allowed to be included. Of course, throwing glitter in people's faces and dancing is disorderly conduct and warrants an arrest, but PAC is there to add to roleplay, even if that roleplay incurs negative consequences.

Edited by SCHEFF
  • Upvote 2

Stitches normally throws glitter at everyone so those people who dislike it normally smacks an AOS on her which is dealing with it in RP so is all g

im now expecting to be covered with aos' placed on stitches now. at least i can have glitter thrown at my face once more

3 minutes ago, Wombatiacus said:

Stitches normally throws glitter at everyone so those people who dislike it normally smacks an AOS on her which is dealing with it in RP so is all g

The issue kind of comes when those AOS's are disputed as "false", what with Franks stand on the situation it should be clear cut from now on. 

57 minutes ago, Demonic said:

I think what defines the line between harmless RP and straight mingery is dependent upon a set of variables.

Practicality: Will this be suitable within our roleplay environment.

Enjoyment: Exactly how fun is this bit of RP.

Need: If we were to take this away, how would it effect the subject's character.

Absence: What else would be effected should this bit of RP be removed.

Demonic you have an interesting and very good criteria. I like that

20 minutes ago, Head Coach Frank said:

Thanks for letting us know Frank.

• Upvote 1

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Preview Post