Eclipse's Developer Application

Name In-game: Eclipse

Teamspeak Name: Eclipse

Playtime on the server: 6 weeks, 3 days

Programming languages you know (etc. LUA, CPP, C#, PYTHON - MUST KNOW ONE LANGUAGE): I'm am currently learning GLua/Lua and C#

What type of content do you want to create for our server? At this point in time, I do not have a preference as long as it has to do with LUA, as I wish to expand my knowledge in all areas.

Have you made any other scripts or content I should know about?

1: A tool I have made for EMs:

2: A "Hackable" console. Mainly for me to test out networking. 

Edited by Eclipse
  • Upvote 1
24 minutes ago, Eclipse said:

By age the application is referring to your age in real life not your in-game play time.

25 minutes ago, Eclipse said:

2: A "Hackable" console. Mainly for me to test out networking. 

https://youtu.be/Wz2vvDBwWW4

The link for your second example does not work.

Just now, Sully said:

By age the application is referring to your age in real life not your in-game play time.

The link for your second example does not work.

Fixed both

1 hour ago, Rickle said:

+1 - Examples look good, Active friendly and Mature. Would make a good addition.

+1

I think eclipse would make a great developer and the examples are very nice.

Good luck bud.

Edited by Happy
  • Like 1

+1

Reasons

• Active member of the community
  • Trustworthy
  • Examples are unique and could prove to be good additions to the server if worked on further
  • Dedicated
  • Pure Intentions

Best Of Luck,

Sully

• Like 1

You’ve got some unique stuff here, if you were able to make these look a little nicer it’d probably be really useful on the Server.

• Upvote 1

@Eclipse These are some very good examples despite only just learning LUA and have a practical application (if developed further of course) I'd happily +1 this application.

I do have some tips to make your life easier in the future though. I would highly recommend making some LUA utilizing https://wiki.garrysmod.com/page/Net_Library_Usage. This is the main library used for sending data between client and server. Once you master this you'll be set to make anything (almost).

PS: If you need any help feel free to contact myself or kumo

Good Luck,

Tank

Edited by Ragetank
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2
35 minutes ago, Ragetank said:

@Eclipse These are some very good examples despite only just learning LUA and have a practical application (if developed further of course) I'd happily +1 this application.

I do have some tips to make your life easier in the future though. I would highly recommend making some LUA utilizing https://wiki.garrysmod.com/page/Net_Library_Usage. This is the main library used for sending data between client and server. Once you master this you'll be set to make anything (almost).

PS: If you need any help feel free to contact myself or kumo

Good Luck,

Tank

Thankfully I already started to use that. If you want I can send you a pastebin of what the NPC one contains. 

Thank you everyone for the kind posts, means a lot. 

7 hours ago, Sully said:

+1

Reasons

• Active member of the community
  • Trustworthy
  • Examples are unique and could prove to be good additions to the server if worked on further
  • Dedicated
  • Pure Intentions

Best Of Luck,

Sully

Good luck

• Like 1
  • Kumo locked this topic