This is some intense political discussion over a trooper tossing glitter into the air. I applause you all for this rather amusing waste of time.

@Redzilla Clearly the methods of peaceful protest are not working, I think it's time we shift things into the spectrum of violence, what'd you think.

#savetheglitter.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Seriously though, it is FailRP and it is a bit mingey. IF, which you can't, find an example of a Medical Officer, Doctor, Nurse, anything on a Star Destroyer carrying and throwing glitter around, you

Fantastic, no more lung infections.

Posted Images

Allow me to put my thoughts into this, because this is getting ridiculous.

Star Wars. Military. Throwing glitter is the air, on a Star Destroyer, is both something that would never happen, and a serious health hazard.

ImperialOfficers (Stitches being a Lieutenant) are held to a high and professional standard. An Imperial Officer would never throw glitter at other Imperial personnel. They will instantly be discharged from their position if they do anything like that on-duty.

Don't give me the reason "It's my RP character, I can choose how to RP and my personality," 

Well, with that logic, can't I roleplay as an individual with 7 different mental disorders in the Imperial Officers Corps? No, because the Empire has standards for their officers, and they're expected to meet those standards, hence the ranks Officer Cadet and Warrant Officer to train you to be an officer.

It is simply FailRP as it is something an Officer would never do. You can't prove otherwise.

Even if it wasn't, and you manage to get the bind back, glitter proves as a dangerous health hazard, as well as Glitterstim being an illegal drug.

This arguement is just plain stupid, and should be stopped before any toxicity comes out of it.

• Upvote 2
32 minutes ago, Austro said:

Peaceful protest turned hostile, as always. 

Nothing is really hostile here, really it's about everyone getting equal treatment, and let's not dance around the real point here -  staff are stepping in to reassure the playerbase that everyone will be held to the same RP standards.  While I personally have nothing against the glitter bind, and have RP interacted with having glitter thrown in my face numerous times, it's clear that this is less of a 'glitter is bad' decision and more of a 'everyone needs to be held to the same standard of RP' decision.

I support this, as a decision to allow the glitter bind sets a precedent that would then allow, for example, Shore/224th to (rightfully) complain to staff/management about being punished for throwing sand/mud - binds that have even got players demoted in the past in more extreme cases.  It's not so much about the glitter, it's about precedent and principal.

• Upvote 1
48 minutes ago, Austro said:

Peaceful protest turned hostile, as always. 

Not really, I think it's important that decisions are always challenged and discussed, its what makes Imperial unique and so successful IMO, is that as a community we have the ability to speak our minds without being mistreated, and have discussions challenging superiors without punishment. Creates understanding and ultimately a stronger and happier community

• Upvote 1
  • Advisor

I will pay respect to the fallen glitter, but I approve of the decision to enforce equal standards.

F.