Seriously though, it is FailRP and it is a bit mingey. IF, which you can't, find an example of a Medical Officer, Doctor, Nurse, anything on a Star Destroyer carrying and throwing glitter around, you can use that to support your case, but never, in any books, movies, shows or comics in Star Wars, has a medic carried glitter and used it.

If you wouldn't actually carry glitter around on a Star Destroyer as a Medical Officer, why would your character? Don't give me 'Oh but I would'. Where would you even get it? How would you pay for it, Stormtroopers weren't particularly wealthy people and couldn't seriously afford to have glitter shipped onto the ship for their personal needs of throwing it.

I'm with the people who say you shouldn't have it, sorry.

• Angry 1
  • Upvote 5
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Seriously though, it is FailRP and it is a bit mingey. IF, which you can't, find an example of a Medical Officer, Doctor, Nurse, anything on a Star Destroyer carrying and throwing glitter around, you

Fantastic, no more lung infections.

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Seriously though, it is FailRP and it is a bit mingey. IF, which you can't, find an example of a Medical Officer, Doctor, Nurse, anything on a Star Destroyer carrying and throwing glitter around, you can use that to support your case, but never, in any books, movies, shows or comics in Star Wars, has a medic carried glitter and used it.

If you wouldn't actually carry glitter around on a Star Destroyer as a Medical Officer, why would your character? Don't give me 'Oh but I would'. Where would you even get it? How would you pay for it, Stormtroopers weren't particularly wealthy people and couldn't seriously afford to have glitter shipped onto the ship for their personal needs of throwing it.

I'm with the people who say you shouldn't have it, sorry.

this is oddly critical, considering how many planes of logic are bypassed on the server in order to make it a practical experience, just like people having odd accessories on their pac's for example, not practical, not cheap, but its a personal touch that can be looked over in the spirit of having fun. I don't see why this situation is being looked at so critically.

But you still raise a good point, feel like this is a bit of a grey area

5 minutes ago, Gregis said:

this is oddly critical, considering how many planes of logic are bypassed on the server in order to make it a practical experience, just like people having odd accessories on their pac's for example, not practical, not cheap, but its a personal touch that can be looked over in the spirit of having fun. I don't see why this situation is being looked at so critically.

But you still raise a good point, feel like this is a bit of a grey area

I'd tend to agree that it is something odd to be a bit critical on at the moment, but its something that Management has told us to crack down on, you're supposed to have fun on the Server and enjoy it, but some people have complained about it to Management, and so because it is in this gray area of "personal touch" that some people don't like, we have to say no to it.

The PAC items that aren't practical or cheap can be overlooked because of the fact that Stormtroopers or Sith have had these things in lore, or they add to the Roleplay of the character, either making it easier for them to do the job they do, like shooting things, or adding to the seniority of their character, for example, a Major General wearing a cape to signify how senior they are.

• Upvote 1
16 minutes ago, Bailey said:

I'd tend to agree that it is something odd to be a bit critical on at the moment, but its something that Management has told us to crack down on, you're supposed to have fun on the Server and enjoy it, but some people have complained about it to Management, and so because it is in this gray area of "personal touch" that some people don't like, we have to say no to it.

The PAC items that aren't practical or cheap can be overlooked because of the fact that Stormtroopers or Sith have had these things in lore, or they add to the Roleplay of the character, either making it easier for them to do the job they do, like shooting things, or adding to the seniority of their character, for example, a Major General wearing a cape to signify how senior they are.

Additionally the bind had no legitimate use in terms of RP.

Soo uh.. How about we just make a list of contraband. Wowee, here is a list that is definitely not for the most part copy pasted.

• Cameras
  • Cologne/Body Spray
  • Tobacco Products
  • Food Items (All)
  • Cosmetics (All)
  • Newspaper Clippings
  • Music (All)
  • Wrist or Ankle Braces (unless issued by Imperial Medical Personnel)
  • Hair Dye
  • Alcohol (drinking)
  • Martial Arts Items
  • Perfume/Body Spray
  • Knives
  • Items Valued over 50 Credits.
  • Bathing Sponges
  • Hair Clippers
  • Communications Devices (Only while supervised by Approved Personell; no personal storage/possession)
  • Straight Edge Razors
  • Flavored Lip Balm
  • Civilian Clothing
  • Electric Razors (unless prescribed by Imperial Medical Personnel)
  • Civilian Glasses
  • Curling Irons
  • Playing Cards
  • Health Supplements
  • Radios
  • Flavored Cough Drops
  • Nude Photos
  • Hair Dryer
  • Scissors
  • Jewelry (exception is wedding ring/band)
  • Medication (unless issued by Imperial Medical Personnel)
  • Civilian reading materia
  • Glitter >:)

All items considered contraband, must not be kept on persons or in storage / bunks. Use of any items / consumables must be in approved areas or authorised by High Command Personnel.

I don't get the argument of how throwing glitter in the air is FailRP, truly I don't. Sure it isn't professional for a medical trooper to throw glitter in the air, but are we all forgetting that we are a role-play server and if someone is doing something that is unprofessional, then you can handle it in a role-play fashion. Talk with their commanding officer, go to high command, or just straight put them on AOS for disorderly conduct. Honestly, why is this a situation which needed to involve staff (let alone management)? The bind has nothing genuinely inappropriate in it - This would quite frankly be the equivalent of me emoting throwing shrapnel around. 

We are a role-play server. The first course of action, if possible, should always be to role-play consequences. Not immediately get staff involved.

• Thinking 1
  • Facepalm 1
6 minutes ago, Sky said:

I don't get the argument of how throwing glitter in the air is FailRP, truly I don't. Sure it isn't professional for a medical trooper to throw glitter in the air, but are we all forgetting that we are a role-play server and if someone is doing something that is unprofessional, then you can handle it in a role-play fashion. Talk with their commanding officer, go to high command, or just straight put them on AOS for disorderly conduct. Honestly, why is this a situation which needed to involve staff (let alone management)? The bind has nothing genuinely inappropriate in it - This would quite frankly be the equivalent of me emoting throwing shrapnel around. 

We are a role-play server. The first course of action, if possible, should always be to role-play consequences. Not immediately get staff involved.

The whole glitter throwing bind wasn't dealt with by staff immediately. And the bind is fine if it's kept within the medical quarters for RP, as a way for people to maybe smile and stop thinking about the pain they're in emotionally and/or physically. But honestly, tell me, would you run an event, and tell one of your event characters to run a bind like that in the middle of serious RP military scenarios?

The same thing honestly happened to mud troopers. They used to have similar binds but pertaining to mud. They were told to remove them and it wasn't an issue for them.

• Upvote 2
Just now, Helsing said:

The whole glitter throwing bind wasn't dealt with by staff immediately. And the bind is fine if it's kept within the medical quarters for RP, as a way for people to maybe smile and stop thinking about the pain they're in emotionally and/or physically. But honestly, tell me, would you run an event, and tell one of your event characters to run a bind like that in the middle of serious RP military scenarios?

The same thing honestly happened to mud troopers. They used to have similar binds but pertaining to mud. They were told to remove them and it wasn't an issue for them.

In a serious military scenario my people would be given their characters to play out with either personality they feed into them or ones I have pre-written, I've never had the thought of doing something like that (outside of throwing rocks for a nothing event) but lets say one of them did have a ridiculous emote bind that they used, I would ask them to remove it as it doesn't fit the narrative that I would be running and if they refuse I would have their leader scold them, perhaps even punish them depending on the circumstance. The point I am trying to hit on is that, from the way it's been explained to me is that this bind is being removed by demand from staff and that is where I come into a bit of an odd opinion which I understand differs from others, I think if staff ask you to remove a bind like the mud troopers for example and they do so, then more power for coming to an understanding agreement between the two parties but if they refuse and continue, unless the emote is breaking a ruling then it should be dealt with in character. Do you understand what I mean?

5 minutes ago, Sky said:

In a serious military scenario my people would be given their characters to play out with either personality they feed into them or ones I have pre-written, I've never had the thought of doing something like that (outside of throwing rocks for a nothing event) but lets say one of them did have a ridiculous emote bind that they used, I would ask them to remove it as it doesn't fit the narrative that I would be running and if they refuse I would have their leader scold them, perhaps even punish them depending on the circumstance. The point I am trying to hit on is that, from the way it's been explained to me is that this bind is being removed by demand from staff and that is where I come into a bit of an odd opinion which I understand differs from others, I think if staff ask you to remove a bind like the mud troopers for example and they do so, then more power for coming to an understanding agreement between the two parties but if they refuse and continue, unless the emote is breaking a ruling then it should be dealt with in character. Do you understand what I mean?

I think I understand what you're trying to get across. The only thing is, people seem to forget that this is Star Wars Roleplay. Not just RP like the sims or something. It needs to make sense in the star wars universe.

• Upvote 1
Just now, Helsing said:

I think I understand what you're trying to get across. The only thing is, people seem to forget that this is Star Wars Roleplay. Not just RP like the sims or something. It needs to make sense in the star wars universe.

Yeah, I do get that too, like I will say that I would have any of my troopers asses raw if they had a bind similar to it and I am not trying to defend the bind itself, more so the actions around it. I do admit I am quite ignorant to the full scope of what exactly is going on, I just felt the need and want to basically put out pro role-play sentiment because I feel some players need to be reminded that we are here for that. However, the bind itself is not a hill I am willing to even defend. 

12 minutes ago, Sky said:

Yeah, I do get that too, like I will say that I would have any of my troopers asses raw if they had a bind similar to it and I am not trying to defend the bind itself, more so the actions around it. I do admit I am quite ignorant to the full scope of what exactly is going on, I just felt the need and want to basically put out pro role-play sentiment because I feel some players need to be reminded that we are here for that. However, the bind itself is not a hill I am willing to even defend. 

At this point, it looks much worse than it is.

It's as simple as, a trooper was throwing glitter around, imperial personnel were unhappy with it, as well as players OOC. Once it gets to the point of people complaining about it staff HAVE to step in, and that's what has happened.