Welcome to the Imperial Gaming

Welcome to my forums, full of great members.
Please register if you'd like to take part.

Star Wars Imperial RP

Join our Imperial RP Server

Star Wars Imperial RP

Join our Imperial RP Server

Sign in to follow this  
Gregis

Gregis Junior Developer App

Name In-game: Gregis

Teamspeak Name: Gregis

Playtime on the server: 5W

Programming languages you know (etc. LUA, CPP, C#, PYTHON - MUST KNOW ONE LANGUAGE): JavaScript, Proficient in C (Currently taking programming classes apart of a university degree). And have been learning LUA/GLUA the past couple of days, and will continue learning if this application is accepted. just wanted to develop a base level of knowledge to show I understand Programming Languages, as devoting a lot of time to something I Potentially won't need to use, isn't exactly an efficient use of my time

What type of content do you want to create for our server?

I Could create content that aims at increasing the quality of events, I wouldn't mind expanding on my Derma panel I have shown in my example and making it target players based on a steam id entered, but I'm yet to veer into those sort of complications as of yet (as aforementioned, I'm more than willing to learn when I know I have somewhere to apply these skills.)

I Could create content that aims at increasing the quality of events.

Have you made any other scripts or content I should know about?

Derma Panel, Utilizes Text Entry boxes to set players properties, I have no doubt I will be able to set this to target players on a server, I just currently don't have anywhere to test this

Spawnable Kyber Crystal, That when touched turn you into a giant overpowered Galen Erso (Because his obviously the best Lore character)

This could be modified to be a "Power-up" Item in which the server needs to defend from waves of Event characters

Thank you All for taking the time to have a look

--------------------------------------------------------------------

DEVELOPER TERMS:

If you are a Developer for Imperial Gaming any and all content you make that goes on our server is exclusive to Imperial Gaming. If you are caught re-distributing this content to our competitors you will be barred from developing for us and COMMUNITY BANNED as a result. Your Steam ID and profile will also be blasted on forums like Facepunch as a ‘Server Content Leaker’. So before sending something make sure you check with the Head of Development first. These terms are at the discretion of the Head of Development and is a blanket statement for redistribution of Imperial Gaming’s content.

Edited by Gregis
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

+1 - Examples are great, you have thorough coding experience and I think you would be nice in the dev team.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Vanilla said:

+1 - Examples are great, you have thorough coding experience and I think you would be nice in the dev team.

Gregis is a good guy, I see him doing well.

+1

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Vanilla said:

+1 due to the reasons stated above.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Vanilla said:

• Like 1

+1 I believe that Gregis will be an excellent addition to the Developer team. 

Edited by Basil
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Vanilla said:

42 minutes ago, Vanilla said:

+1.

+1 Gregis is very good devoting himself to projects through to completion with plenty of experience i believe he would be a solid addition. 

1 hour ago, Vanilla said:

+1. That first script would be really cool to see on the server, not gonna lie.

One of the most promising developer applications that I've seen.

+1

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Kurt said:

One of the most promising developer applications that I've seen.

+1

+1

+1

Very promising applicant. Your examples are unique and both with minor tweaking would be great fundamentals for some interesting and unique event addons for the server, Best of luck and I look forward to seeing what you can do for the community if accepted :) 

Best Of Luck,

Sully

8 hours ago, Sully said:

+1

Very promising applicant. Your examples are unique and both with minor tweaking would be great fundamentals for some interesting and unique event addons for the server, Best of luck and I look forward to seeing what you can do for the community if accepted :) 

Best Of Luck,

Sully

+1 for development skills alone. My only issue is the way that you handle yourself around the community. At times you can be the most toxic, negative, rude and occasionally racist person I've known (From my experience with you in the ISB environment) but you also have qualities that shine through. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Rivers said:

+1 for development skills alone. My only issue is the way that you handle yourself around the community. At times you can be the most toxic, negative, rude and occasionally racist person I've known (From my experience with you in the ISB environment) but you also have qualities that shine through. 

Yeah, I'm not even gonna lie at the time I was within ISB/DT I was going through a lot and was becoming Very Toxic, I do apologise to you and all members of ISB and DT at the time as they did catch the brunt of it, And this is ultimately why I distanced myself from the server. It is one of my personal downfalls that when I decide to be tilted, I am very tilted. This is something on a personal level I continue to work on. I have matured since my last interaction with you, you know heading into adulthood and stuff you can't really be a prick to people and expect no consequences. I do apologise for the hard times I gave you and if you ever want to have a chat so I can properly apologise hmu. 

This isn't me making excuses for my actions, simply my acknowledgement of my prior attitude and actions, I think for the most part I have had a somewhat positive impact on the server, receiving the Galen Erso role and creating a lot of RP for engineers and connected regiments.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Sully said:

+1

Best Of Luck,

Sully

+1 for this slippery gypsy who nearly got me PK'd

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Sully said:

+1

Best Of Luck,

Sully

+1 I hope you get it. Good luck!

58 minutes ago, Ragdig said:

+1 I hope you get it. Good luck!

58 minutes ago, Ragdig said:

+1

Best Of Luck,

21 hours ago, Vanilla said:

+1

@Gregis I like what i see in this examples. It shows off most of the basics you need to develop in gmod though i would like to see some examples using https://wiki.garrysmod.com/page/Net_Library_Usage. As without this you wont be able to do much. In saying that I'll be leaving a +1 and look forward to your future developments.

PS: If you ever need help feel free to contact myself or kumo

Good Luck,

Tank

• Upvote 1

Pushed to Interview Phase

PM/Poke me on ts for interview when ready to finalise application result.

Accepted

Welcome to the development team.