Welcome to the Imperial Gaming

Welcome to my forums, full of great members.
Please register if you'd like to take part.

Star Wars Imperial RP

Join our Imperial RP Server

Hyperion

Hyperion's Graphic Designer Application

Junior Graphic Designer Applications

If you want to help create content on imperial gaming this is your chance. You will need to show me that you are able to make content for the server so I'll be requesting that you show me your skills. Basically, your job entails you to do grunt work for me. This means making me custom backgrounds and icons for menus - very basic art skills are requested but you must still attempt to put as much effort into it as possible.

Application:

Name In-game: Hyperion

Teamspeak Name: Hyperion

Playtime on the server: Capture.PNG.b2ab05962693a697f2dcd05ca03d2054.PNG

Do you own the Adobe suite (etc. you have - Photoshop, Illustrator) and which ones are they: I do own the Adobe suite (All Adobe Apps)

If you don't own the Adobe suite, what programs do you have (Don't say MS Paint you will be denied): 

Do you prefer making digital art or do you prefer to do freeform?

Digital art

Show me some work you have made previously otherwise make 2 icons that represent an Admin and another Icon representing a User. Icons must be 256 x 256 and in PNG form with a transparent background (Upload directly to the forums):

•  
Spoiler

28197885_SithDemo.thumb.png.7b21bf1a0a1fb81d4cf3a9b18abc9d34.png1606981062_Sith4Demo.png.c370a68d0a8c0f7870b321d21b64a4ae.png344965779_Sith3Demo.png.8d9d942e288c52644bc0d2aa26c0983e.png1252807488_Sith2Demo2.thumb.png.0e03ee3684a6523b34ca0e03b7bd0811.pngBailey.png.69c67ca62089d25152c843924bfd5824.png1531771842_TheDonovanCrimeFamily.png.8a625afecdfe2158a1263b677a6d36f9.png

Imperial Gaming experimental:

Spoiler

Untitled-1.thumb.png.caf5224fd6c0f03af381351b5ea9ab80.pngmxdxwCz430Fl4ghisZ8UXNw.png.565bede28b5b5617eb08dcbc5861bd27.png

Miscellaneous:

Spoiler

1924476912_NAVYBEAST.thumb.png.96b99e929046d801eabe2c7790c33c67.pngSWGE_village-spires.thumb.png.56d4bdf8f6cf6a2e616778067c97751a.png

gta-5-san-andreas-carl.thumb.png.4f767bb7a8d709f197afc38d29f10c28.png

BN-IW519_FAMILY_P_20150611124202.png.dc84424c5118d7f57213bddfdb6e8740.png

DESIGNER TERMS:

If you are a Designer for Imperial Gaming any and all content you make that goes on our server is exclusive to Imperial Gaming. If you are caught re-distributing this content to our competitors you will be barred from designing for us and COMMUNITY BANNED as a result. Your Steam ID and profile will also be blasted on forums like Facepunch as a ‘Server Content Leaker’. So before sending something make sure you check with the Head of Development first. These terms are at the discretion of the Head of Development and is a blanket statement for redistribution of Imperial Gaming’s content.

•  

Edited by Hyperion
Adding Examples

Hey @Hyperion,

Before I leave my opinion on the application I would personally like to see a few more examples which are not text based, try playing around with some colour corrections, overlays, Filters or manipulating of photos or some manipulation of text if that is what you wish to do just so that we can gauge of what your abilities are outside of text based elements.

Regards,

Sully

+1  

Yay colour 

Detailed

You'd be a good addition to the team 

Edited by Delta
:D
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Delta said:

Netrual 

Get some more colorful examples please not just red and black 

Detailed

You'd be a good addition to the team 

2 hours ago, Sully said:

Hey @Hyperion,

Before I leave my opinion on the application I would personally like to see a few more examples which are not text based, try playing around with some colour corrections, overlays, Filters or manipulating of photos or some manipulation of text if that is what you wish to do just so that we can gauge of what your abilities are outside of text based elements.

Regards,

Sully

I have added another example trying to fix it up a bit working on more.

+1 Your application is very detailed, the examples are awesome and pretty unique, with your unique ideas you'd make a great addition to the team.

• Like 1

+1 - Even though more examples should be made, I think you would make a good JGD.

• Like 1

I'm going to leave a +1 here. Although some more detailed examples would be good, you are obviously decent at designing and would like to see what you will do as a JGD. I look forward to seeing what else you can put together.

• Like 1

Make me some and it'll get accepted, I can sort this out, trust me.

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, SiegeMonkey said:

JGD

21 hours ago, Vanilla said:

JGD.

Just to point out this application is for Media/Advertising team graphics designer not Junior Graphics Designer (Dev Team Role). :) 

Regards,

Sully

15 minutes ago, Sully said:

Just to point out this application is for Media/Advertising team graphics designer not Junior Graphics Designer (Dev Team Role). :) 

Regards,

Sully

@Cody @Kurt Due to recent information brought to light I realize I made a mistake and I require this application moved to Graphics Designer please.

I am also working on more examples...

Edited by Hyperion

hyperion1.PNG.c409495e6d718cc0a5c6961313b4bae4.PNG

You're currently staffing on another server, so I question the dedication you have to IG. 

Until I can be assured that you dedicate solely to one server I will have to leave negative support.

Goodluck.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, Huey said:

hyperion1.PNG.c409495e6d718cc0a5c6961313b4bae4.PNG

You're currently staffing on another server, so I question the dedication you have to IG. 

Until I can be assured that you dedicate solely to one server I will have to leave negative support.

Goodluck.

You see I had worried about this begin a concern so I doubled checked with the Community Designer himself @Kurt and he didn't have a problem with it and also considering the position of Graphic Designer not being a "staff position" I applied for staff on that server and for some reason I got it and at the moment I am seriously thinking about resigning from that server as I do not find it enjoyable. Anyway as I said I checked and I was told that being staff on another community wouldn't be a problem.

• Upvote 1

On 5/30/2019 at 6:45 PM, Huey said:

Yeah applying for Graphic Designer doesn't really have anything to do with holding staff positions on other servers. It's only part of the terms of becoming IG "staff" to not be holding staff in another community. Considering it's a non staff role as would be "developer", "support team" or other positions in "media team". I don't think it would be an issue unless he started sharing things he made for us with others.

Back to the app;

I'll be leaving positive support because I believe you show potential and could prove to be a valuable asset to the design team.

Good Luck

• Like 1

Changing to a +1

- Examples are kinda basic a lot of them are just putting text on images.

- Friendly.

Edited by Rickle

On 6/2/2019 at 5:30 AM, Rickle said:

Neutral.

- Examples are kinda basic a lot of them are just putting text on images.

- Has staff commitments on another community.

I have resigned from the staff position I held on that server as I lost interest with that server for many reasons. I look to devote all my Gmod time into Imperial Gaming Henceforth

Edited by Hyperion
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Hyperion said:

I have resigned from the staff position I held on that server as I lost interest with that server for many reasons. I look to devote all my Gmod time into Imperial Gaming Henceforth

Changing to a neutral.

Edited by Huey
  • Like 1

Hello, @Hyperion.

I'd like to see more examples in this application that show good creativity and unique design.

Once you do this, I will review the application further.

• Like 1

Even though the designs presented aren't the most spectacular things, I believe Hyperion is a well-dedicated member and would be a great addition to the Design team and will strive to better himself, +1 Good luck to you bud

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kurt said:

Hello, @Hyperion.

I'd like to see more examples in this application that show good creativity and unique design.

Once you do this, I will review the application further.

Added 2 more examples as well as updated  playtime :D.

Neutral

I am not entirely sure if majority of these are self made

Some look like images you have photoshopped other things onto such as the imperial troopers walking 

and the old tv set

An odd spectrum of images The first one (pilot) is good but the rest seem a bit lacking in my opinion.

APPLICATION DENIED

-------------------------------------------

Feel free to reapply in 2 weeks.