TisPuppy

IG-88 droids

Like it or don't like it?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. What'd ya think?

• Yes
    • No

G'day everyone,

A few days ago, I was reading a star wars book by the name of 'Star Wars: Tales of the Bounty Hunters'. This book just told a few stories about Boba Fett, Zuckus and 4-Lom, Dengar, Bossk and IG-88. Now why I am telling you this is because in this particular book, in a particular chapter, I found something quite interesting. I found that IG-88 (The original) actually had uploaded his memory core and such into 4 other similar droids. These droids we're also designated as 'IG-88' and they henceforth called themselves 'IG-88' as a whole, although they had different designations such as: 'IG-88A', 'IG-88B', and so on.

So, I was thinking, why not replace the HK droids with other models of IG-88?

Well hear me out, HK-47 and the HK-51 models were both found in the Old Republic timeline (when they were created), with only few remaining up until the clone wars era. So wouldn't these droids be considered unreliable by the Empire due to how old they are? I mean surely there would be a better set of droid bounty hunters?

Well i've come with a solution! Introducing the IG-88 droid group (including but not limited to) IG-88A, IG-88B and so on (depending on the server cap decided by mods and such.

You're probably wanting a few reasons as to why we should replace the HK droids:

• Well number 1 is that as I said before, HK droids would be practically gone in our era of timeline
  • Number 2 is that if we introduced a IG-88 group, a possible positive outcome for bounty hunters and other rp factions would occur. Creating more rp, more teamwork, etc.
  • And also, wouldn't it be awesome just to be able to hire armed IG-88 droids to guard you?

Well maybe I'm streching it out on that last one, but yeah. What'd ya think? Bad addition or possibly a good one?

Edited by TisPuppy

10 minutes ago, TisPuppy said:
  • Well number 1 is that as I said before, HK droids would be practically gone in our era of timeline
  • Number 2 is that if we introduced a IG-88 group, a possible positive outcome for bounty hunters and other rp factions would occur. Creating more rp, more teamwork, etc.
  • And also, wouldn't it be awesome just to be able to hire armed IG-88 droids to guard you?

I think this is what you're  getting at with that last one. https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/IG-RM_bodyguard_and_enforcer_droid

Anyway I'm not sure  if there were a lot of IG-88 Droids left in the imperial era.

The only IG-86 Droid we saw was sucked out into space back in  the clone wars.

Now the biggest  problem I've  noticed but  no one else seems to care about is IG-88 is a black droid and the IG-88 model we have is actually IG-86.

Now with the HK-  Series droids  they were assassin-hunter droids  very elite.  and upon death wiped their memory banks which  was very handy. and was knowledgeable in  all  aspects of fighting and weaponry like explosives ,hacking, slicing, stealth combat and open combat

So no I would not say HK-Series  droids would be obsolete and not of  use to the Empire.

Edited by Mongo

Personally I do not think this is something that is likely of being implemented into the community however it is always good to see members suggesting some creative ideas.

The reason(s) why are;

• IG-88 contains the venom gun within its load out, this has been done in order to differentiate it from the other bounty hunters and make it more appealing to users wishing to purchase this role, the venom gun is a gun that can be shot from distance and leave no trace of the origin of the shot other than the noise the venom dart then slowly deals 200 damage overtime. Now imagine 4 or so users with these venom guns around the server. It would also be difficult from a moderation perspective as well due to the fact that in console it does not register that the user who shot the venom is the one dealing the damage meaning that if there was someone randomly being venomed and there were 4 IG-88 droids then it would be harder to narrow down as to who exactly is the one abusing the weapon.
  • In regards to the HK droids I feel as if they are fine as is, they have a standardised and balanced load out which includes the Pulse Cannon (a weapon sought after and favoured by many of the community members) and offers the standardised bounty hunter role and experience. I can see where you are coming from in regards to the idea however I feel as if unless it is heavily refined then it would not be a beneficial change to adopt to the server.
  •  

These however are just my personal thoughts on the idea and i thank you again for going ahead and making a suggestion on the idea as I can see you have done your research and though about it :) 

Regards,

Sully

18 minutes ago, Mongo said:

Anyway I'm not sure  if there were a lot of IG-88 Droids left in the imperial era.

Hey man, I believe the IG-RM droids were much more abundant in the universe, whilst the IG-88 droids only cosisted of 4-5.

All good, this book was set in the imperial era (quite late into the fight, maybe a year or two before the destruction of the first deathstar)

And do you mean IG-76? I'm not sure if there was a IG-86, if there was then I'm not entirely sure.

And everything you said about the HK series droids was true, although the IG-88 droids had a sentinent mind (according to the book), meaning they could far surpass the HK droids in skill and decision making.

Thanks mate.

Edited by TisPuppy

4 minutes ago, Sully said:

4 or so users with these venom guns around the server. It would also be difficult from a moderation perspective as well due to the fact that in console it does not register that the user who shot the venom is the one dealing the damage meaning that if there was someone randomly being venomed and there were 4 IG-88 droids then it would be harder to narrow down as to who exactly is the one abusing the weapon.

Just saying that the venom gun possibly would only be given to the original IG-88 model whilst the other IG-88 droids would be given a normal loadout.

And also, we could possibly change the way the IG-88 droids look to distinguish them from eachother in any given scenario.

Anyways, all good mate, thanks for the reply my man.

Interesting concept, hard to pull off though I think, since IG-88 had control over his four companions and it would be hard to decide who is the "Boss IG-88."

Interesting concept Ma boi 

Would be Cool if we could nail it just right 

11 hours ago, Bailey said:

Interesting concept, hard to pull off though I think, since IG-88 had control over his four companions and it would be hard to decide who is the "Boss IG-88."

Maybe Make it like a regiment Where one person buys the Leader IG but have the prices upped. Then they would hold tryouts of some sort and then the BH become of a more organised thing 

But i don't think the whole more IG-88s is a good idea for 1 He gets a venom gun which makes him a good character and if there are 4-5 others running around with it well it would cause panic 1 shot does 250 damage over time and if shot by different people there health would be gone in a matter of seconds 

• Haha 1
  • Angry 1

There can only be one IG-88 droid in this town partner

wat.png

Edited by Xane

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this