In Game Rank: Private

In Game Regiment: 212th

Ban Details

okwhatisthis.png.d44949870df367175b0a34bea7cae3a4.png

How long was the ban for: Permanent

Which staff member banned you: Frank

What date did the ban occur: 10/05/2019

What was the reason for the ban: Staff Disrespect

Explain the situation in detail which led to you being banned: Okay so a few days back, me and Snoozy joined 212th but Snoozy got kicked and set to ST by Frank. Snoozy had enough of IG and blamed his anger at Frank, the guy who kicked him for reg hopping. Snoozy made a steam group called Frank Is Gay, the first person he invites is me. He tells me to invite as many people as possible and made me Steam Group Officer.

Why do you believe you deserve to be unbanned / given a second chance: I have been playing IG for 2 years on 2 different accounts, I never got a ban, kick or warn, i'm a devoted trooper and I always follow rules (except for the whole going on a alt but that was cause my previous account was vac banned). Honestly I joined the steam group as a joke and added a single comment to add to it. I hope I get unbanned as I have a commitment to 212th. Plus I haven't been on the server in a week.

Edited by Dexoys
  • Sad 1
  • Angry 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 6

22 minutes ago, Dexoys said:

Explain the situation in detail which led to you being banned: Okay so a few days back, me and Snoozy joined 212th but Snoozy got kicked and set to ST by Frank. Snoozy had enough of IG and blamed his anger at Frank, the guy who kicked him for reg hopping. Snoozy made a steam group called Frank Is Gay, the first person he invites is me. He tells me to invite as many people as possible and made me Steam Group Officer.

7 minutes ago, Carnifex said:

https://gyazo.com/8aac62b4668597c33b0592de1386573f

You honestly think that remark you made to frank was gonna he taken as a joke? 

You  actively posted in a group dedicated  to Witch Hunting  a member of management. You  could  have easily left the  group  and  easily could have not posted anything in the thread  section but you  did anyway

Application is  very short and lacks a lot of detail  or  sincerity.

You and Snoozy also invited people to this group  which shows that dedication to  hunting Frank  further.

Further more you are still apart of this steam group.

2 minutes ago, Mongo said:

You  actively posted in a group dedicated  to Witch Hunting  a member of management. You  could  have easily left the  group  and  easily could have not posted anything in the thread  section but you  did anyway

You and Snoozy also invited people to this group  which shows that dedication to  hunting Frank  further.

okay its not a witch hunting group that hunts down a member of management, its a hate group made by and only taken seriously by Snoozy. ik it lacks detail or sincerity, but what am i supposed to do? thats literally all the information i knew about the situation and i forgot to add a whole paragraph about how sorry i am too frank about something i posted that i didnt know was gonna be seen by him. yeah i am in the steam group and invited people but i am not dedicated i only invited 3 people anyways, 2 accepted it. 

2 minutes ago, Mongo said:

Pretty simple, just because they may not be in the group doesn't mean they can't see it. Internets a long loop that will eventually come back and bite you on the arse. Aside from that, Mongo just about sums up everything else. -1

You have to cop this one on the chin for a bit before applying again, it's way too soon to be appealing. 

This whole appeal who echoes to me that you are putting the blame onto Snoozy for you being banned, and doesn't feature any sort of apology to Frank.

1 hour ago, Dexoys said:

Okay so a few days back, me and Snoozy joined 212th but Snoozy got kicked and set to ST by Frank. Snoozy had enough of IG and blamed his anger at Frank, the guy who kicked him for reg hopping. Snoozy made a steam group called Frank Is Gay, the first person he invites is me. He tells me to invite as many people as possible and made me Steam Group Officer.

Not once do you mention what YOU did. You never mentioned the comments made about Frank on a thread, which was a key component in your ban. This isn't Snoozy's ban appeal, it's yours. Have some ownership to the comments you made. What's even more disappointing is that you are still in the group, as of the creation of this comment, which shows me and the community that you aren't serious about being unbanned. I suggest you leave the group and add what I've suggest to this section.

1 hour ago, Dexoys said:

I have been playing IG for 2 years on 2 different accounts, I never got a ban, kick or warn, i'm a devoted trooper and I always follow rules (except for the whole going on a alt but that was cause my previous account was vac banned). Honestly I joined the steam group as a joke and added a single comment to add to it. I hope I get unbanned as I have a commitment to 212th. Plus I haven't been on the server in a week.

Putting aside the fact that you just admitted to using an alternate account, I  don't see any sort of apology to Frank. I just see you saying, "yeah I'm a good trooper. and I've been in the community for a long time." Having the knowledge of IG you have, you should of known that doing something like this would have serious repercussions. I'm assuming you are quite young because you seem to believe this comment was a joke, so I suggest you keep these 'jokes' out of the public domain.

• Upvote 3

From my perspective it looks like this; you have had three chances to walk on a path that can somewhat prove you meant nothing malice about it. The first chance was when you were invited, upon seeing the name of the group you made the conscious decision to join it. The second chance was the post you made, upon seeing the thread you made the conscious decision to say something that you believed to be witty. The third chance was after being banned you could have left the group but you have made the conscious decision to remain in the steam group. Honestly, if this was say, one or two months down the line then I would be more inclined to say that a second chance can be earned as long as you have apologized to Frank personally and have left the group - However, as this is barely hours a day after, well I have to say in my eyes you have yet to earn an early appeal.

As Sky very well put it you made the conscious decision to join the group and partake in the slandering of Frank, the server manager. Staff Disrespect especially on this level is not taken lightly and I feel as if you need a little bit of time before making a return to the community. I believe 1-2 months followed by a strict 6 month probationary period would be suitable for this offence however the resting decision lies with  the Management team.

I believe this has already been denied, but, as everyone else has said, you've gone out of your way to insult Frank without him even coming to you or having done anything to you directly considering he's been the Server Manager and has been focused on that.

The real joke here is that you expect to be treated well when you have insulted any member of the community, let alone someone who sets out hours a week to make sure it runs smoothly, or that you obviously can't handle the fact that you've made the mistake and not once have apologised to Frank yet.

Dexroy

I am unsure why your forum account was deleted but I assure you that you were not community banned.

I am currently investigating on why it was removed.

Thread is being locked to further replies until the account situation has been dealt with.

Okay let me do my points, free speech btw.

I joined Frank Is Gay, I was fully well aware it was a hate group but I joined cause I thought it would be funny to join. Which was a slightly dumb decision but I have every right to join any steam group I want, even if it does attempt to slander a well respected member of this community. My comment in Brass' thread was an attempt at being funny and witty though it didn't come off as banter among friends. I never expected for Frank to see it, so I apologise for the comment and offending him, however a PERMANENT ban is not what should be the choice of punishment for a singular joke comment on a management team. Even if the person insulted is Management Team or not, doesn't change anything, that is basic equality. Leaving the group after I got banned, its a reasonable action but I'd rather be honest about me being in the group in the first place. However, what I really didn't expect was a ban, an attempt at a ban appeal then my account being deleted by a certain staff member even though that is a illogical action to do, and I think they should get a small punishment for that as that's really not helping. I was being pressured after I got banned and I was going attack mode and having a existential crisis cause I spent a lot of time, effort and love onto this server and barely anyone siding with me. But let me clear off some misconceptions, I never took the whole "Frank Is Gay" seriously, and its not a witch hunting group, its a hate group that was never taken seriously until now. I know I attempted at blaming Snoozy for making me join in on his hate group, but he admitted it himself it was his fault and he will be trying to change your views on whose fault here sooner or later. Also Bailey, just saying but I can't get in touch with Frank, he won't respond to anything at all. Anyways I would make amends to my actions any way possible, if it doesn't hurt my pride. I didn't handle this appeal well at all, I was under too much pressure after the thought of losing all that hard work for this server. Thank you for reading.

Edit: you guys need to see my side also, I was bring pushed down and had tons of pressure on me when I got banned and temporarily had my forums account "deleted" and that staff member who did it (probably out of personal reasons) needs to get any punishment, doesn't matter if its a slap on the wrist, punishment is punishment. They took it way out of proportion. 

Edited by Dexoys
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

Also whats wrong with appealing within 24 hours of a ban? I am not gonna cry myself to sleep for three days to make a ban appeal like come on, if I want to get this over with I do it now and people did it within 24 hours noone complained anyways rant over.

4 hours ago, Dexoys said:

Okay let me do my points, free speech btw.

I joined Frank Is Gay, I was fully well aware it was a hate group but I joined cause I thought it would be funny to join. Which was a slightly dumb decision but I have every right to join any steam group I want, even if it does attempt to slander a well respected member of this community. My comment in Brass' thread was an attempt at being funny and witty though it didn't come off as banter among friends. I never expected for Frank to see it, so I apologise for the comment and offending him, however a PERMANENT ban is not what should be the choice of punishment for a singular joke comment on a management team. Even if the person insulted is Management Team or not, doesn't change anything, that is basic equality. Leaving the group after I got banned, its a reasonable action but I'd rather be honest about me being in the group in the first place. However, what I really didn't expect was a ban, an attempt at a ban appeal then my account being deleted by a certain staff member even though that is a illogical action to do, and I think they should get a small punishment for that as that's really not helping. I was being pressured after I got banned and I was going attack mode and having a existential crisis cause I spent a lot of time, effort and love onto this server and barely anyone siding with me. But let me clear off some misconceptions, I never took the whole "Frank Is Gay" seriously, and its not a witch hunting group, its a hate group that was never taken seriously until now. I know I attempted at blaming Snoozy for making me join in on his hate group, but he admitted it himself it was his fault and he will be trying to change your views on whose fault here sooner or later. Also Bailey, just saying but I can't get in touch with Frank, he won't respond to anything at all. Anyways I would make amends to my actions any way possible, if it doesn't hurt my pride. I didn't handle this appeal well at all, I was under too much pressure after the thought of losing all that hard work for this server. Thank you for reading.

Edit: you guys need to see my side also, I was bring pushed down and had tons of pressure on me when I got banned and temporarily had my forums account "deleted" and that staff member who did it (probably out of personal reasons) needs to get any punishment, doesn't matter if its a slap on the wrist, punishment is punishment. They took it way out of proportion. 

Gooood afternoon mate.

Firstly before I get started I have been away for a few days on holiday so I saw everything tonight basically and it's not good. Allright firstly you went on about free speach, you are correct you can do free speech however there's limits you are able to go with free speech, for an example I do something unprofessional, free speech can be along the lines "Yeah that was unprofessional as hell", not like "f*** that was autistic what the f***". There is a difference between free speech and just running your mouth off until you have said every bad word in the book. It's called being respectfull and professional 

Secondly you stated you have every right to join any steam group you want, You are 100% correct you do have that right to join whatever steam group you desire however when you join a steam group that not only wrongly insult but also has things like "autistic" aimed at a staff member or even a player, we have every right to take action to remove you from the community as it is our right to do that, it also goes against our community rules as you are on purpose aiming this at a staff member or player which is just completely wrong, even if you don't think they won't see it. Your actions that you did yourself, your actions led you to post on there, on this ban appeal, no one threatened you or blackmailed you to do those things and you cannot blame peer pressure as at the end of the day, your actions and your own decision caused this so you cannot blame other people for your own actions and decisions. I believe you need to think hard about that. It's not Snoozys fault you joined it, you clicked the button, you wrote a comment and you joined in, your own actions and decisions did that, not snoozy, not your friends, it was you so do not blame snoozy or anyone else for your own actions you decided to take. 

Your acxount was never deleted, was just banned, if it was deleted there is no way of getting it back unless i upload my database of members i keep a downlaod of each week due to a past accident (our bad excalibur) however i am not home so no access to my desktop. Your account being banned was not done by who you think it was, unless you think it was Cody, Cody was told about a community ban and it is his job to look after forum profile Bans  once he was told he banned your forum account however once he was told you had a unban appeal he realised his mistake and you were unbanned, it is a genuine mistake that shouldn't be taken personally and he does apologise. Therefore I do not believe a punishment is in order, I have already asked him to double check next time and I believe that is the best course of action for this incident. You can of course challenge that and have a talk to me when I get back from my holiday overseas and we can come to an professional and fair agreement. 

In my opinion I don't believe you realise what you did was bad from.your actions in this ban appeal and what you said in the actual ban appeal it seems you juat want to be unbanned and not taking any blame for your own actions, passing it on to somone else and not really carong as you just dont want to be banned. it does not matter if the person is a staff member or player, you should treat everyone with the same respect that you would like back, this way everyone can have a professional standpoint and be able to do free speech. 

• Upvote 14

Sorry for the late response, but what made this ban in affect wasn't the comment you had made about me. Mainly because I did not realize until much later what had intially caused it, was you inviting other members from this community to join a hate group. In my opinion. You want other members to join a toxic group in an attempt to try and put me down. This community does not tolerate that type of toxic behavior.

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 10
  • Downvote 2

8 hours ago, Head Coach Frank said:

Sorry for the late response, but what made this ban in affect wasn't the comment you had made about me. Mainly because I did not realize until much later what had intially caused it, was you inviting other members from this community to join a hate group. In my opinion. You want other members to join a toxic group in an attempt to try and put me down. This community does not tolerate that type of toxic behavior.

I didn't invite other members of the community man I invited 2 people. Emerald and Regulus, one is banned one doesn't care about this community. Also Morgan but he didn't even join. dont assume that.

Edited by Dexoys
  • Facepalm 1

14 hours ago, Wolf said:

Gooood afternoon mate.

Firstly before I get started I have been away for a few days on holiday so I saw everything tonight basically and it's not good. Allright firstly you went on about free speach, you are correct you can do free speech however there's limits you are able to go with free speech, for an example I do something unprofessional, free speech can be along the lines "Yeah that was unprofessional as hell", not like "f*** that was autistic what the f***". There is a difference between free speech and just running your mouth off until you have said every bad word in the book. It's called being respectfull and professional 

Secondly you stated you have every right to join any steam group you want, You are 100% correct you do have that right to join whatever steam group you desire however when you join a steam group that not only wrongly insult but also has things like "autistic" aimed at a staff member or even a player, we have every right to take action to remove you from the community as it is our right to do that, it also goes against our community rules as you are on purpose aiming this at a staff member or player which is just completely wrong, even if you don't think they won't see it. Your actions that you did yourself, your actions led you to post on there, on this ban appeal, no one threatened you or blackmailed you to do those things and you cannot blame peer pressure as at the end of the day, your actions and your own decision caused this so you cannot blame other people for your own actions and decisions. I believe you need to think hard about that. It's not Snoozys fault you joined it, you clicked the button, you wrote a comment and you joined in, your own actions and decisions did that, not snoozy, not your friends, it was you so do not blame snoozy or anyone else for your own actions you decided to take. 

Your acxount was never deleted, was just banned, if it was deleted there is no way of getting it back unless i upload my database of members i keep a downlaod of each week due to a past accident (our bad excalibur) however i am not home so no access to my desktop. Your account being banned was not done by who you think it was, unless you think it was Cody, Cody was told about a community ban and it is his job to look after forum profile Bans  once he was told he banned your forum account however once he was told you had a unban appeal he realised his mistake and you were unbanned, it is a genuine mistake that shouldn't be taken personally and he does apologise. Therefore I do not believe a punishment is in order, I have already asked him to double check next time and I believe that is the best course of action for this incident. You can of course challenge that and have a talk to me when I get back from my holiday overseas and we can come to an professional and fair agreement. 

In my opinion I don't believe you realise what you did was bad from.your actions in this ban appeal and what you said in the actual ban appeal it seems you juat want to be unbanned and not taking any blame for your own actions, passing it on to somone else and not really carong as you just dont want to be banned. it does not matter if the person is a staff member or player, you should treat everyone with the same respect that you would like back, this way everyone can have a professional standpoint and be able to do free speech. 

I knew what I was doing alright? Calling someone "autistic" behind their back for a laugh. I forgot to add Snoozy felt bad for the ban and told me it was his fault, when all he did was make the group. I haven't really said much swears here or on the steam group. Yeah I take it personally, I assumed that Cody "deleted" the account out of spite, not a mistake considering I had no info and my screen randomly saying BANNED. Yes would like a small chat within a few days. Maybe discord. Also just pointing out but anyone would want to be unbanned, I just don't a want a perma ban, 6 months or less is good enough. What is wrong with wanting to be unbanned and leaving this situation in the past? Also Carnifex said I am unsure why your forum account was deleted but I assure you that you were not community banned so of course I would think my account is banned.

Edited by Dexoys

Also how come others, who also broke the rule of no dissing staff, get a temp ban or a single warning? I am guessing most people who break that rule insult the person in their face, me inviting friends who used to be in the community gives a perma ban? I need explanation. (Btw dont even downvote this is a question). Plus disrespect in general is a rule thats always broken but barely anyone does anything unless it involves a staff member. I used to get bullied a lot and I didn't do anything cause I was able to handle it. @Wolf also @Snoozy wants to talk to you on steam.

Edited by Dexoys

16 hours ago, Bailey said:

I believe this has already been denied, but, as everyone else has said, you've gone out of your way to insult Frank without him even coming to you or having done anything to you directly considering he's been the Server Manager and has been focused on that.

The real joke here is that you expect to be treated well when you have insulted any member of the community, let alone someone who sets out hours a week to make sure it runs smoothly, or that you obviously can't handle the fact that you've made the mistake and not once have apologised to Frank yet.

I don't think you fully understand what you've done, and I think you need more time to reflect on it.
You've joined this group that singles out one person from the community, which in itself is a very big no-no. This community prides itself on being positive in all ways which is why I enjoy it, and am sure why other people enjoy it so much. 
In some replies, you've said "I didn't expect Frank to see it". That's not a good excuse to purposefully go after someone of the community, in fact it could even be argued to be worse. Digging someone behind  their back is never okay no matter the scenario.
As for the "free speech" comments, yeah sure you can speak freely about how you feel, but then you'll have to face the consequences of what you say if for example, they go against community rules. Your free speech ended up getting you banned, in this case.
For the peer pressure comments; everyone commented on this but I'll reassure. No one made you press that button, type that comment, invite other (3) members. In saying inviting other members, even if they weren't apart of the community anymore, it still invites people to attack Frank's name.

On top of that, the people who only get a warn/softer ban that Staff/Player Dis, is because they (hopefully) haven't created a whole Steam group in order to go after and attack a single member of the community, otherwise they would face similar consequences.

TL;DR: Take time to think about your actions. Don't join a group that goes after members of the community and expect to be welcomed back into said community with open arms. Free speech does not mean free of consequences too. Peer pressure doesn't press buttons for you. Staff disrespect in-game is different to making an entire Steam group.

Overall -1

• Upvote 4

24 minutes ago, Dirthi said:

I don't think you fully understand what you've done, and I think you need more time to reflect on it.
You've joined this group that singles out one person from the community, which in itself is a very big no-no. This community prides itself on being positive in all ways which is why I enjoy it, and am sure why other people enjoy it so much. 
In some replies, you've said "I didn't expect Frank to see it". That's not a good excuse to purposefully go after someone of the community, in fact it could even be argued to be worse. Digging someone behind  their back is never okay no matter the scenario.
As for the "free speech" comments, yeah sure you can speak freely about how you feel, but then you'll have to face the consequences of what you say if for example, they go against community rules. Your free speech ended up getting you banned, in this case.
For the peer pressure comments; everyone commented on this but I'll reassure. No one made you press that button, type that comment, invite other (3) members. In saying inviting other members, even if they weren't apart of the community anymore, it still invites people to attack Frank's name.

On top of that, the people who only get a warn/softer ban that Staff/Player Dis, is because they (hopefully) haven't created a whole Steam group in order to go after and attack a single member of the community, otherwise they would face similar consequences.

TL;DR: Take time to think about your actions. Don't join a group that goes after members of the community and expect to be welcomed back into said community with open arms. Free speech does not mean free of consequences too. Peer pressure doesn't press buttons for you. Staff disrespect in-game is different to making an entire Steam group.

Overall -1

okay first of all i need to get this out to you, i didnt create the steam group, a point "create a steam group" you keep repeating. As for community that prides itself on positivity, thats the face of IG, you havent been victim to negativity is what im seeing. Yes I do fully understand my actions, I understand theres a thing called consequences in this world. According to what Frank said, its not what I said that caused me too get banned (though it may have affected him in a way but its not serious from that one comment) it was inviting "members of the community" in which I only invited two of my friends (3 actually) which he assumed were apart of IG. Though the group name is a "bit" on the toxic side and to slander Frank, its not the members that chose it and it wasnt my choice for that name. There was only one thread that talked about Frank (from when I was in the steam group). Your last point was again that its my fault for (what from how the sentence is written) me creating the steam group and attacking Frank (which none of us did, sure we did a little talking about Frank but it was a private convo about what Frank did to Snoozy) that got me banned. 

Edited by Dexoys

6 hours ago, Dexoys said:

Also Morgan but he didn't even join. dont assume that.

Firstly like i said you had invited people from our community to this group which is to trash talk me so really i didn't assume anything cause you just admitted to it. 

6 hours ago, Dexoys said:

I knew what I was doing alright? Calling some autistic behind their back for a laugh.

And this just shows me that you have no respect or care for what you say.

• Upvote 1