Sully asks what are you favourite shows?

Just curious to see what kind of shows members of this community like and this is a good way for others to hear about some shows they may not know about and be able to start watching, try and list your top 5 TV shows you enjoy watching (1 being your favourite and 5 being your least favourite of the list) and if you want you can talk about why you enjoy these shows. Please refrain from listing any spoilers when talking about your shows in order to not ruin them for other users, especially shows that are still releasing new episodes :) 

Here is my list;

1. Game Of Thrones

• Lengthy and contains many sub story lines within the 1 timeline with many twists, turns and unpredictable behaviour

2. The 100

• Is creative with its story line and was well thought out with all aspects thought out including a new language with dialects and a new culture.

3. Grimm

• Creative plot line with creative and strange creatures combined to make a lengthy and enjoyable viewing experience

4. Big Bang Theory

• Funny, creative and quirky. 

5. Brooklyn Nine-Nine

• Funny and relatable comedy that possesses many creative aspects and episode story lines.

Favourite Animated Show: Avatar The Last Airbender

Honourable Mention(s): Too many to count

(as you can probably tell I like shows with lots of seasons)

Edited by Sully
  • Upvote 1
14 minutes ago, Galle said:

3. Narcos

I started watching Narcos a while back, it is a good show but I never really got that heavily enveloped in the show. It is probably worth me going back and finishing however.

24 minutes ago, Hyperion said:

2. Breaking Bad

Breaking bad is one of the shows I have been meaning to watch for a while, it is one of the ones I will start watching once I finish GoT as I have heard it is rather good.

• Upvote 1

Game of Thrones.

Brooklyn Nine-Nine.

Sabrina: The Teenage Witch (new one, don't knock it until you try it.)

Apart from that, I mostly read.

2 minutes ago, Sully said:

I started watching Narcos a while back, it is a good show but I never really got that heavily enveloped in the show. It is probably worth me going back and finishing however.

Breaking bad is one of the shows I have been meaning to watch for a while, it is one of the ones I will start watching once I finish GoT as I have heard it is rather good.

I have watched the whole series 2 times now, it stuns me everytime. 

Edited by Hyperion

Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad, How I Met Your Mother, The Office, The Sopranos just to name a few.

Could probably list about 20 more :D 

1. Final space (the animated show)

its final space what do you expect.

2. my little pony: friendship is magic

my little ponyyyy my little ponyyy... wait a minute i shouldnt be leaking my secrets

3. police ten 7

i enjoy watching things about police and stuff so yeh

4. rick and morty

im not obsessed but its a show i really like

Edited by Solar
2 minutes ago, Solar said:

1. Final space (the animated show)

its final space what do you expect.

2. my little pony: friendship is magic

my little ponyyyy my little ponyyy... wait a minute i shouldnt be leaking my secrets

3. police ten 7

i enjoy watching things about police and stuff so yeh

4. rick and morty

im not obsessed but its a show i really like

What you what, what you feel, never quit and make it real... When you go BIG TIME

2 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Sabrina: The Teenage Witch (new one, don't knock it until you try it.)

I have been tempted to give it a crack once or twice, it has been one of those shows that I always see when scrolling through netflix (/me adds to should watch list)

3 minutes ago, Peter said:

1 - Big time Rush

I used to be an avid watcher of that show several years back now, Its rather quirky and funny. It is like B99 but instead of detectives they are singers.

4 minutes ago, Rivers said:

How I Met Your Mother, The Office

I finally committed to sitting down and watching the entirity of HIMYM this year, it is a great show and ends rather well IMO. With the office that is also on my list, unfortunately it is not on Australian netflix which is a shame however it is on the American one (/me whips out VPN)

6 minutes ago, Solar said:

4. rick and morty

Never personally got that involved with Rick and Morty but I can understand and appreciate why it is loved so much

Going to avoid things already listed (game of thrones, breaking bad, B99, R&M etc)

1. Community

2. Arrested Development

3. Mindhunter

4. Harmonquest

5. One Punch Man

(Maybe I'm missing something but I feel like Final Space was one of the biggest wastes of my life, it's just absolutely terrible, although not quite as bad as Big Bang Theory which is literally the worst show of all time)

Edited by Tonberry

1. Game of Thrones

One of the greatest stories and fantasy worlds ever created imo, you have the ability to go in depth beyond just watching the show if you want to plus there’s plenty of books, and it doesn’t have an overpowering amount of magic or just mundane realism, it’s a great combination of both.

2. Supernatural

A story of two brothers who reunite to find their Dad who went missing, supernatural explores many entities and beliefs from different religions around the world old and new who the brothers end up facing sooner or later from werewolves to demons to even the very top of the food chain. I highly recommend it, it’s the longest running show in the supernatural genre that is running it’s 15th and final season this year but it isn’t too late to catch up if you’re keen.

3.Archer

Didn’t think I’d end up enjoying this show because animated shows aren’t really my thing, but I found that it’s actually quite enjoyable, the majority of episodes are just sub stories so you’ll always be able to watch something new regardless of which episode you watch, however I do advise caution, it isn’t for a younger audience. (On AUS Netflix)

4. Van Helsing

Essentially a zombie apocalypse but instead of zombies it’s vampires. It did take me a little while to get into it because I was quite bored initially, but I’ve always enjoyed apocalypse scenario movies or shows for the most part and it intrigued me how it would be different to the standard walking dead type show. (On AUS Netflix)

• Like 1
38 minutes ago, Ragdig said:

3. Suits

Great show, they play off the legal aspect very well.

28 minutes ago, Matrix said:

2. Supernatural

A story of two brothers who reunite to find their Dad who went missing, supernatural explores many entities and beliefs from different religions around the world old and new who the brothers end up facing sooner or later from werewolves to demons to even the very top of the food chain. I highly recommend it, it’s the longest running show in the supernatural genre that is running it’s 15th and final season this year but it isn’t too late to catch up if you’re keen.

I started watching Supernatural due to a one of my close friends being obsessed with it, never ended up watching that much and it has just sat on the backburner. Might need to be one of those shows I revisit and watch as it sounds like it would be a good watch.

21 minutes ago, Sterling said:

1 - Young Justice

3 - The Walking Dead

Both are shows I have been meaning to watch and are on my list for when I finish GoT. They both seem like they have some rather interesting story lines to it.

• Upvote 1
26 minutes ago, Demonic said:

1. Mr Robot.

That's it. Go watch Mr Robot.

I lied.

1. Mr Robot

Absolutely amazing cinematography & sound design. Anyone studying film or writing, please watch this for your own benefit.

2. Lucifer

Featuring the always-charming Tom Ellis, Lucifer is a captivating experience for any who enjoy the typical police-dramas.

2. House M.D

Despite me having little interest in diagnostics, nor any medicinal career in that regard; House MD makes you feel a top-down 200IQ individual. As you follow along with genuinely interesting and humerous scenarios that will make you laugh, cry, and fester in your own existentialism.

3. Sherlock

You know why.

4. Archer

My father introduced me to this show was back when it was coming out. I, like many others; were initially disappointed by the first few episodes (or even the entire first season). However once the show was fleshed out and the characters were developed, it allowed the writers to really get to work.

5. Star Wars: The Clone Wars (Animated Series)

A childhood love of mine. Absolutely one of the best I've seen in recent years. Considering it's an anthology series, you can jump in at any time and still enjoy yourself. Which I think is what makes it so special and re watchable.

2 minutes ago, Tonberry said:

The Walking Dead you watch seasons 1-2 to laugh at the SFX, and the rest to laugh at the writing. Me and my GF are addicted

Yeah after Season 2 TWD begins to get stale. Negan is good, but that is 4 seasons later lol.

3 minutes ago, Sterling said:

Yeah after Season 2 TWD begins to get stale. Negan is good, but that is 4 seasons later lol.

Negan is really hitting his stride now, I dig it. Don't get me wrong I enjoy the walking dead, just my god some of it is so hilariously poorly written that it becomes an entertainment factor unto it's own haha (like Sasha's way overly dramatic story arc after all the way more likeable characters with more audience investment getting the shaft hard)

• Upvote 1
11 minutes ago, Demonic said:

1. Mr Robot

Absolutely amazing cinematography & sound design. Anyone studying film or writing, please watch this for your own benefit.

That is something I can agree with you on, the Cinematography of the show is breath-taking and It is definately worth the watch purely for that reason alone however the show is also good :D