Level 1 Crook RDM

Edited by Sterling
  • Shocked 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4

19 minutes ago, Vanilla said:

yooo tf is with that camera though

the positioning of the camera? 

I think it's just something I've grown used to from playing games like red dead redemption and other games where the camera is in the position.

Dead meme but ok

f**k me That's the problem 

Instead of trying to find a RP reason to why he attemped to kill you, you immediately move to phys gunning and saying "bro your shooting a mod". Furthermore, you decide in your infinite wisdom to verbally assault him. 

I know this is a meme, but seriously. Assuming you do the majority of your sits like this, your behaviour is atrocious.

Then, I assume you don't give him a RP punishment, the whole point of this video boils down to poor staffing and management of a situation.

Then you ban him for 3300 minutes? (Give or take, can't read on mobile) for attempted mass rdm? His target is clearly the other sith and only hit the other person because he moved your way. 

This is really bad staffing, not that I'm speaking from personal experience, although you really need to check what you do in sits before you decide to post a video literally showing you being a poor staff member.

All the best,

Marsh.

• Facepalm 1
  • Upvote 17

55 minutes ago, Marsh said:

Instead of trying to find a RP reason to why he attemped to kill you, you immediately move to phys gunning and saying "bro your shooting a mod". Furthermore, you decide in your infinite wisdom to verbally assault him. 

I know this is a meme, but seriously. Assuming you do the majority of your sits like this, your behaviour is atrocious.

Then, I assume you don't give him a RP punishment, the whole point of this video boils down to poor staffing and management of a situation.

Then you ban him for 3300 minutes? (Give or take, can't read on mobile) for attempted mass rdm? His target is clearly the other sith and only hit the other person because he moved your way. 

This is really bad staffing, not that I'm speaking from personal experience, although you really need to check what you do in sits before you decide to post a video literally showing you being a poor staff member.

All the best,

Marsh.

ooft big hits

• Sad 1
  • Facepalm 4

6 hours ago, Marsh said:

All the best,

Marsh.

I have to agree with most of what Marsh has said here. The sit could have been further looked into before completely banning the person. I agree with him stopping the person with his physgun but banning him on the spot I don't believe was good to do, I think a sit on the top of the ISD would have been needed so that the person being banned could at least explain why he did it. There are obviously different points of view on this staff sit.

EDIT -  Btw I mean no hate towards anyone involved in this situation, just giving my thought/opinion on it, I love everyone 3000 <3

Edited by Wombatiacus
  • Upvote 4

What you all were saying to the ST was as nearly bad as him attempting to RDM. The points Wombat and Marsh brought up I agree with, this could of been handled a lot better.

4 minutes ago, Rickle said:

What you all were saying to the ST was as nearly bad as him attempting to RDM. The points Wombat and Marsh brought up I agree with, this could of been handled a lot better.

Agree

-snip-

sterling is a thicc bih

Edited by Mord

Marsh is right, you shouldnt be doing that. you sh*t talk him right after you freeze him. he wasnt even trying to shoot YOU. anyways marsh and wombat said it all.

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Marsh said:

Instead of trying to find a RP reason to why he attemped to kill you

Wingza wasn't there In-Character, he was there in a Staff Sit telling the other ST to change his name from 'Muhammed Ali' to something more suitable. I don't know what you mean about trying to find an RP reason to kill me when Wingza was literally there to tell the two STs that they needed to stop breaking roleplay in a Staff Sit, mind you that it was a relatively quick sit and the area was isolated so he didn't take it somewhere like the top of the ship or somewhere even more OOC.

6 hours ago, Marsh said:

The behaviour in the sit is definitely unprofessional, and there's no excuse for it. That being said, these two ST's did have no intention to RP on the server - both had been RFA'ed multiple times to my understanding, I think twice for the one who was banned, both were running around yelling and annoying people for the sake of it. I know personally that Ali was running around challenging people to fights, so these two individuals were not here to Roleplay.

6 hours ago, Marsh said:

Well he'd been given RP punishments before this clip. I don't think there even was an RP reason to shoot at me, or whoever he was shooting at. After Wingza froze him he literally laughed as if he had been caught doing something wrong, so trying to roleplay with someone who is clearly trying to RDM people isn't a great idea.

6 hours ago, Marsh said:

I'm pretty sure that ST (like the other friend with him), were on their last legs with  staff. Not sure as I didn't know everything that they did, but based off of their previous behaviour, they definitely weren't helping their case. Honestly I am happy Wingza banned them for that time because they had been causing issues and minging from the moment they joined the server.

6 hours ago, Marsh said:

you really need to check what you do in sits before you decide to post a video literally showing you being a poor staff member.

I'm not staff? I'm guessing you're directing this to Wingza.

Either way, I agree that the behaviour is something that could be improved, but as for "finding an RP reason" for an ST Private randomly trying to kill you, I don't think he had any intention of Roleplay. Especially when you consider this clip as a the final point to which the ST comes after a whole night worth of minge-worthy behaviour.

Anyway I'll leave @Wingza to respond further. But I don't think this is as big as you're making it out to be.

At the end of the day, he called an ST Private who was trying to RDM, a 'dumbass'.

Edited by Sterling
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Sterling said:

The behaviour in the sit is definitely unprofessional, and there's no excuse for it. That being said, these two ST's did have no intention to RP on the server - both had been RFA'ed multiple times to my understanding, I think twice for the one who was banned, both were running around yelling and annoying people for the sake of it. I know personally that Ali was running around challenging people to fights, so these two individuals were not here to Roleplay.

For future reference, two wrongs don't make a right, and there is no excuse for verbal assault. 

I'm pretty sure that ST (like the other friend with him), were on their last legs with  staff. Not sure as I didn't know everything that they did, but based off of their previous behaviour, they definitely weren't helping their case. Honestly I am happy Wingza banned them for that time because they had been causing issues and minging from the moment they joined the server.

Okay. Well, in his ban message / Warn message does it outline what he had done before. He attempted to kill Wingza, and Wingza alone. "Attempted Mass RDM", is killing more than one person. Outlining what they have done wrong is crucial, he attempted to kill Wingza alone, therefore falling onto Wingza for a false ban. 

I'm not staff? I'm guessing you're directing this to Wingza.

Either way, I agree that the behaviour is something that could be improved, but as for "finding an RP reason" for an ST Private randomly trying to kill you, I don't think he had any intention of Roleplay. Especially when you consider this clip as a the final point to which the ST comes after a whole night worth of minge-worthy behaviour.

I do apologize, I believed you were staff. Irregardless, your complete disregard towards the player, despite his mingy-ness is still disguesting. By no means do you have the right to call someone a dumbass for any purpose. You then decide to make this incident into a (old) meme, with the intent to humiliate him. Staff Sits are meant to be private. You tarnish his name by making a meme. 

I then turn this onto Wingza. Allowing you (Sterling) to verbally assault another player of the community is putrid.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Marsh said:

He attempted to kill Wingza, and Wingza alone.

Incorrect. Refer to 0:06-0:09. You can clearly see him shooting at me and then switch to fire upon Wingza.

shootingme.PNG.e3f2c0bec060f00c91f8b5c16834f64f.PNG (him shooting me)

himshootingwing.PNG.dd51436de68a2d8e4bb6633ccffc41cc.PNG (him shooting wingza)

2 minutes ago, Marsh said:

I then turn this onto Wingza. Allowing you (Sterling) to verbally assault another player of the community is putrid.

He isn't a member of the Community, he's a Private ST who came on with the sole intention to minge. Have you interacted with him at all?
It's easy to watch one video and jump to conclusions without understanding precursors to the situation behind this single clip.

7 minutes ago, Marsh said:

You tarnish his name by making a meme.

He tarnishes his own name by going around minging and attempting to Mass RDM.

• Downvote 2

I don't think they necessarily did anything completely atrocious and terrible in this scenario and people are just jumping on the bandwagon of "Oh they did something we don't agree with, so they're in the wrong." While I do agree they've said some things that shouldn't have been said, especially from a Staff Member, many have done this in the past and this is just one that comes to light via a video.

Lets lay out the material facts of the situation;

• They were standing in front of the Bridge when the ST named "AlienC" attempted to RDM both Sterling and Wingza, evident through the fact that he shot both of them repeatedly and looked to be focusing mainly on Wingza in the situation.
  • Wingza immediately froze the would-be assailant and between the Teamspeak chatter, I heard the words "Bro, bro you're shooting a Mod bro. The f**k? You're a dumbass man, out of all the people to shoot." from Sterling and "You, you are one of the dumbest people. Dumbass."
  • The ST, named "McGregor" began immediately punching AlienC and said, "Don't worry boys, I've got him, boys, don't worry."
  • Wingza then immediately banned the user for 4320 minutes, which equates to 3 days.

As we can see here, Wingza didn't inherently do much wrong apart from calling the alleged MassRDM'er a "Dumbass" and "One of the Dumbest people." Now, I do agree, this situation could have been handled far better, they could have explained to him what he was doing wrong, even though he definitely understood MassRDM as he has 87 hours in Garry's Mod, more than enough time to understand the rules and basics of most Servers. (Source)

Sterling and McGregor are also in the wrong here, McGregor punching him and being involved in a Staff Sit, and Sterling calling him a "Dumbass." as a User and respected member of the Community.

Overall, I do not believe what was done here was completely terrible and warrants a punishment for Wingza, possibly a talking to and/or a warning about not doing it again, but up until now, Wingza has done nearly nothing wrong and has also been an active, mature and respectable member of the Community, he may have been a bit harsh in his wording in the heat of the moment and in his ban length without much explanation to the User, but in hindsight, if the User thinks he's done nothing wrong he can appeal the ban and be shown that he attempted to ruin another person's Roleplay experience through RDM.

Thanks for reading.

- Bailey

• Upvote 6