Splonter's Junior Developer Application

Splonter's Junior Developer Application

Name In-game:

[Rancor Battalion] Major [CO] ARC-14 ' Splonter'

Teamspeak Name:

Splonter

Playtime on the server:

211733334_Screenshot(50).png.e40ff9ed4e04a2c148c96ef516b32d69.png

Programming languages you know (etc. LUA, CPP, C#, PYTHON - MUST KNOW ONE LANGUAGE):

I'm currently learning Lua & GLua, I've been learning for roughly a month now but have started getting serious with it since a week ago.

What type of content do you want to create for our server?

I'm happy to create any content for the server, I'm still learning how to make scripts via my friends and videos. My current abilities are limited to basic coding and creating scripts with Lua and I wish to further my knowledge in Lua and GLua in joining the Development Team in helping to assist in pumping out new content for the server in any way I can.

Have you made any other scripts or content I should know about?

Examples 1: I've created an ammo & bacta dispenser that gives ammo and heals troopers, I'm currently learning some advanced derma to create a button that affects the server which I'm still working on. I'd like to thank @Vanilla and @Goliath for helping me and giving me tips/tricks in learning Lua.

Example 2: I've created a basic derma panel with a button that when pressed ignites everything around in the set radius and for the set time(Being 10 seconds) this took me quite a while to create as well and learn as I had to take into account networking which has been difficult to get my head around, as well as some help from some other knowledgeable people with Lua which I appreciate, I'm continuing to learn and I'm really enjoying progressing and learning Lua.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

DEVELOPER TERMS:

If you are a Developer for Imperial Gaming any and all content you make that goes on our server is exclusive to Imperial Gaming. If you are caught re-distributing this content to our competitors you will be barred from developing for us and COMMUNITY BANNED as a result. Your Steam ID and profile will also be blasted on forums like Facepunch as a ‘Server Content Leaker’. So before sending something make sure you check with the Head of Development first. These terms are at the discretion of the Head of Development and is a blanket statement for redistribution of Imperial Gaming’s content.

Edited by Splonter
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

+1

Trustable

Known

Good example

Friendly 

Knows Lua and Glua

More examples would be great

• Like 1

+1

Great person to work

Nice addition to dev team

More examples would be good 

Knows lua 

-Delta 

• Like 1

Neutral leaning towards a +1

Reasoning behind my Neutral:

- Not sure if you have a programming background but if you dont lua gets exponentially hard to learn not that its not impossible though.

- Would like to see a few more examples as entities are fairly simple and the ammo/health idea isnt very original (props to you that it works though)

- You did have that situation happen a few months ago and i personally have yet to gauge your maturity since as being a developer is a big responsibility.

Improve in these areas and ill change to a +1

Best of luck,

Tank

Edited by Ragetank
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ragetank said:

- Not sure if you have a programming background but if you dont lua gets exponentially hard to learn not that its not impossible though.

- Would like to see a few more examples as entities are fairly similar and the ammo/health idea isnt very original (props to you that it works though)

- You did have that situation happen a few months ago and i personally have yet to gauge your maturity since as being a developer is a big responsibility.

Best of luck,

Tank

Hey Tank, Thanks for your feedback. Unforunately I do not have much of a programming background (Except for some minor Java work) I spoke to Kumo and he informed me that I only needed to know the basics of Lua as I’ll learn a lot more from being in the dev team then If I wasn’t, I’m very eager to learn more about Lua and to be able to assist in IGs growth along the way via developing and helping my personal growth in knowledge of Lua would be beneficial. I’m currently working on more examples, I’m working on a derma hud button that has different functions which I’m just working out some issues i’m having with it, I also had some other examples in the work although came across some bumps along the way so i’ve decided to hold off on them for now until I learn more to be able to problem solve those. If you wish to speak about that situation I’d be happy to talk to you whenever you are free regarding it. I’ve taken on a multitude of responsibilities in the past and I have never abused my powers given to me to my own benefit nor had it called upon question, Being a CO right now is also a responsibility that I’ve been attempting to do my best in. I thank you again for your response and will definitely work upon your feedback.

Thank you as well @Tom & @Delta for your feedback I appreciate it, I do have some other examples in the works as stated in my above paragraph, Thank you for your support!

+1

Always good to see people take the initiate to serve the community through means of development.

I have no doubt that Splonter will be a valuable asset to the development team, especially if he is nurtured and trained by developers who may have more experience than him.

Goodluck.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TomCos said:

+1

Trustable

Known

Good example

Friendly 

Knows Lua and Glua

+1, Reasons stated above.

• Like 1

+1, your ideas might be "basic" but from the life of me I don't think I could ever make that so nice work bro, I think you have potential and would certainly make a good addition to the development team, and yeah like Kumo said, you will learn a lot on the job. I look forward to seeing you become a dev and seeing more stuff be made, goodluck!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TomCos said:

+1

Trustable

Known

Good example

Friendly 

Knows Lua and Glua

+1 due to the reasons stated above.

• Like 1

+1.

While somewhat of a 'basic' application, I'm a big believer in learning on the job, and I could see you as a valuable asset to the dev team. My only doubts would be in your maturity on the server as there have been some hiccups in the past. That said, I think you'd make a great dev!

Good luck!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, TomCos said:

+1

Trustable

Known

Good example

Friendly 

Knows Lua and Glua

Agreed +1 

Goodluck Splonter

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Rook said:

+1.

While somewhat of a 'basic' application, I'm a big believer in learning on the job, and I could see you as a valuable asset to the dev team. My only doubts would be in your maturity on the server as there have been some hiccups in the past. That said, I think you'd make a great dev!

Good luck!

Also adding what Tank had said, programming can get a lot more intense as you progress. Still, I believe there's plenty of time to learn and expand on what you already know. Therefore, I will be leaving a +1 on your application.

Good Luck!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, TomCos said:

+1

Trustable

Known

Good example

Friendly 

Knows Lua and Glua

+1 Good luck!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Luigi said:

Also adding what Tank had said, programming can get a lot more intense as you progress. Still, I believe there's plenty of time to learn and expand on what you already know. Therefore, I will be leaving a +1 on your application.

Good Luck!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Splonter said:

Hey Tank, Thanks for your feedback. Unforunately I do not have much of a programming background (Except for some minor Java work) I spoke to Kumo and he informed me that I only needed to know the basics of Lua as I’ll learn a lot more from being in the dev team then If I wasn’t, I’m very eager to learn more about Lua and to be able to assist in IGs growth along the way via developing and helping my personal growth in knowledge of Lua would be beneficial. I’m currently working on more examples, I’m working on a derma hud button that has different functions which I’m just working out some issues i’m having with it, I also had some other examples in the work although came across some bumps along the way so i’ve decided to hold off on them for now until I learn more to be able to problem solve those. If you wish to speak about that situation I’d be happy to talk to you whenever you are free regarding it. I’ve taken on a multitude of responsibilities in the past and I have never abused my powers given to me to my own benefit nor had it called upon question, Being a CO right now is also a responsibility that I’ve been attempting to do my best in. I thank you again for your response and will definitely work upon your feedback.

Thank you as well @Tom & @Delta for your feedback I appreciate it, I do have some other examples in the works as stated in my above paragraph, Thank you for your support!

Don't take this the wrong way but a gauge of maturity and how trustworthy you are cant be simply coerced, that will take time. It's good to see you've got some LUA ideas and you are working on them. Send me a message when you've done some more examples and ill re-evaluate my Neutral. As of right now from what i can see from your skills the Junior Developer role would be more of a name/label than a role you could actively partake in. 

Best of Luck,
Tank

• Like 1

17 hours ago, TomCos said:

+1

Trustable

Known

Good example

Friendly 

Knows Lua and Glua

+1

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Ragetank said:

- Would like to see a few more examples as entities are fairly simple and the ammo/health idea isnt very original (props to you that it works though)

Best of luck,

Tank

I agree with Tank's stance, I would like to personally see another example or event a couple more examples of other things you are capable of doing. Untill such time I will be giving you a NEUTRAL and will re evaluate this stance when/if more examples are provided.

• Like 1

Thank you all for your feedback, @Sully @Ragetank I've created a new example that took me a fair while to create with some helps from others, Its a derma hud with a button and when pressed ignites all entities/objects including self(Which I can change if needed) on fire for 10 seconds(Which can also be changed) I'm currently working on some more examples such as adding more buttons with more functions.

Thank you @Sterling @Rickle @Vanilla @Larko @Wombatiacus @Rook @Pickle @Luigi @Ragdig @Rivers @Lochie & @ShepardFor your support and feedback, I greatly appreciate it!

• Upvote 1

On 5/8/2019 at 6:46 PM, TomCos said:

+1

Trustable

Known

Good example

Friendly 

Knows Lua and Glua

^^^ +1

9 hours ago, Splonter said:

Thank you all for your feedback, @Sully @Ragetank I've created a new example that took me a fair while to create with some helps from others, Its a derma hud with a button and when pressed ignites all entities/objects including self(Which I can change if needed) on fire for 10 seconds(Which can also be changed) I'm currently working on some more examples such as adding more buttons with more functions.

Thank you @Sterling @Rickle @Vanilla @Larko @Wombatiacus @Rook @Pickle @Luigi @Ragdig @Rivers @Lochie & @ShepardFor your support and feedback, I greatly appreciate it!

It's a good start my man even if its Ent:Ignite(). Though before i change my stance I'd like to see you have a nicely formatted derma ( it doesnt need to look pretty just formatted well with multiple elements in it) and an example using https://wiki.garrysmod.com/page/Net_Library_Usage. As if you cant use net library you wont be able to do much.

Best Of Luck,

Tank

I don't believe you possess the qualities sought after in a Developer.

18 hours ago, L.B. said:

I don't believe you possess the qualities sought after in a Developer.

Hi proven it's Kix, I want you to know you're awesome :)

I agree with L.B.

I believe when the going gets tough you will do what you usually do, you'll blame others & your immaturity will shine through. 

26 minutes ago, Kix said:

I agree with L.B.

I believe when the going gets tough you will do what you usually do, you'll blame others & your immaturity will shine through. 

If you wish to discuss your feedback please contact me, As I haven't had an interaction with you for 6 months+