Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Whitey

Changing of the Guard

Dear Whitey,

Even though this topic is locked, I thought I'd post on behalf of the community, especially after what I shared with you recently. Thank you for everything that you have done for the community and the people within it, Imperial Gaming would not be anywhere near where it is today without you and your continued support of the Community even through times that weren't particularly fruitful for you in self-fulfillment.

I know of many times where you gave up sleep, personal time and even your own money to make sure we got custom content on time, or models were uploaded, or the content packs were updated so we got what we wanted, or you remote accessed your home PC so you could do things on the Server, and not many people ever said thank you for it, or praised you for doing things behind the scenes.

So, on behalf of the entire community.

Thank you.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

What a journey.

I've been very glad and honoured to work alongside you in Government but more so during my tenures as a member of staff and content teams. You are an incredible manager and every second you have put into managing, shaping and adding to this community both as a person and as staff has been important and worth it.

We may have had our conflicts and I've made many rookie mistakes before and since then, but your wisdom and forgiveness has shaped me into a better leader and person overall within this community.

I should have taken your recent inactivity as a hint of the inevitable, but I understand why you would make such a decision and I fully support you.

Thank you for your contributions, Imperial Gaming wouldn't be the way it is today, or maybe be here at all, without you. See you around the ship!

o7

Edited by SCHEFF

5 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Dear Whitey,

Even though this topic is locked, I thought I'd post on behalf of the community, especially after what I shared with you recently. Thank you for everything that you have done for the community and the people within it, Imperial Gaming would not be anywhere near where it is today without you and your continued support of the Community even through times that weren't particularly fruitful for you in self-fulfillment.

I know of many times where you gave up sleep, personal time and even your own money to make sure we got custom content on time, or models were uploaded, or the content packs were updated so we got what we wanted, or you remote accessed your home PC so you could do things on the Server, and not many people ever said thank you for it, or praised you for doing things behind the scenes.

Thank you.

Thank you Whitey for everything you've done.

O7

You have done so much for this community over time and Bailey covered and gave sentiment to this quite nicely in his pot above. But it is truely and honour to have had you as our community manager as you were extremely dedicated to your role and always had the community’s best interests at heart, I am sure this isn’t the last we will see of you and your magic grenade launcher and hopefully you can help direct the community in the ways it needs to go even if it is from the sidelines.

I want to wish @Chopz the best of luck in his new role as community manager as I know much like yourself he is a dedicated and hardwork member of the community who tirelessly poors in hours of his own time to ensure that the server(s) get what they need. Most people do not give enough appreciation to yourself or chopz for just how much you get done and just how much you are willing to do in order to make everyone else’s experience so much better.

All the best,

Sully

Edited by Sully

o7 will never forget all the times you've thrown me out of the ship for lagging you with PAC best of luck.

• Haha 1

I respect all the hard work you have put into this community, ImperialGaming wouldn't be the same without you. Lots of respect.

I'll never forget the voice cracks :( Nah but for real thanks for the work you put into this community you were an amazing manager and you were always fun when on the server. Thank you for your time.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Whitey, I personally never got to know you that well but from everything I saw you do and the way you helped everyone in the community I’d just like to say thank you. You took up the position to better the community and you left it better than you found it, I respect you for that and will always remember you for it. No matter what sort of position you decide to have in the community I know without a doubt you’ll fulfil it well. So once again, thank you and hope to see you around soon.

Edited by Matrix
  • Like 1

Massive o7 for all the hard work you've put in, it doesn't go unnoticed. Hopefully you'll still be around to come and brutally murder everyone on the server every now and then :) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bailey said:

Dear Whitey,

Thank you.

I can't personally thank you for how much you've changed my life. I never though I would have ever had an interest in SWRP, but Imperial managed to hit all those strings. Something about it was different, special in a type way. Over your time as Community Manager you have achieved, and done, extraordinary things to benefit the community. Whenever you logged on, I knew something would happen to put a smile on my face. 

Thank you for everything Whitey, and Good Luck!

• Like 2

Wow...

Whitey, you have done a lot for this community especially when you stepped up to the challenged during the Empire Gaming split. I didn't make the best decisions back then but you really kept this community alive and did a lot more than Caboose ever did for us (You certainly didn't use server money for uber eats). You are a kind man for all you did for this community and respect you for all the things you have done whether it be putting your own personal time, money and sleep into this server - I understand your reasoning for stepping back from the Administrator side of the community as anyone would - You've done a lot and I think you should be proud of it. You can keep a lot of accolades to your name, keeping the communtiy and reshaping it during the split, bringing it back up and surpassing everything this communtiy thought could be done. 

Everyone got a point they stop at, sadly yours was this one - But Chopz is the best-fit person to replace you, he will have some big shoes to fill, but I believe he will surpass your expectations and the communities one and continue IG for a long time...

Good Luck!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I hope to still see you around Whitey, Its sad to see you depart from your community manager role as you’ve contributed so much to this community and it is a debt that can never be repaid. I thank you for all you’ve done for not only the community but myself personally you’ve had a great impact on myself as a person and my personal development. As such I want to create a video of the memories that I’ve had with you, I hope to release it soon. 

• Like 1

Lots of respect man, I’ve only chatted with you a handful of times but the sh*t you do for this community is beyond anyone can ask, for once in this community unlike any other I have seen a person who passionately wants to help the community without the drive of power or money. You have done this very well and I am 100% sure imperial would not be where it is without you. So thankyou for everything you have done both behind the scenes and in the open to benefit this community, I am sure we will forever be in debt with respect for you. I hope you find a new passion or drive and hope to see you around Director Whitey ;)

Whitey I want to thank you for everything you have done for this community and its members including me personally from my joining of the server through to my resignation you have been there, it is greatly appreciated by all of us. You have helped us through hard times and achieved much in your time as community manager shaping the servers for the better. I wish the new Community Manager Chopz the best of luck. Once again, Thank you Whitey.

• Like 1

Goodbye whitey 

Thanks for inspiring me to become what I am today, the way you helped the community has really changed me and I am grateful for ever, ill cherish all the memories of our engineering days, even though you were bossing us around 

Bye 

-Delta 

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Preview Post