• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Kristofer

May the 4th Appreciation Thread

Untitled.png.ff69885dc2e777e07a88f7fdded19a6f.png

"May the5th4th Appreciation Thread"

To start things off, no, this will not be a redundant thread that simply states "Haha, May the 4th be with you", and no, this thread wasn't made to simply exploit a celebratory day in order to receive multiple up-votes using a singular sentenced post.

This thread was created because of the one thing that brings us all together, one thing that created the very existence of the server. Star Wars.

Star Wars, isn't just a movie to enjoy with friends and family. Star Wars showed us what the human imagination can create, an entire fictional universe located a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away.

Star Wars changed the way we perceived the Sci-Fi Genre, a wonderful adventure movie about space wizards on a mission to defeat the evil Galactic Empire™.

I only have a simple request. It's nothing too difficult, nothing that would take precious time out of your day.

I only require you to post on this thread, what you feel about Star Wars and whether or not it has affected you in any way. It can be an insult or praise. It can be 4 full paragraphs, or you can just say "Love it".

- This is where the fun begins -

• Upvote 9

Wowee where to start, I feel as if Star Wars has had a big impact on a lot of peoples lives whether they know it or not and whether it be a physical or mental impact. Star Wars opened up a world that we could only dream of visiting and it has affected both younger and older people.

I remember when I was about 10, so 8 years ago now, I woke up on a Christmas morning like any other kid full of joy and we gathered around the living room with all our family and friends and enjoyed the festivities and ripped open our presents and I got a movie set (which i still have the exact same set) from my Mum and dad which was all 6 of the star wars movies. I remember asking what it was being clueless to what the movies were and before long I found myself on a beanbag in a blanket with a bowl of cereal the next morning and spent the whole day watching all 6 of the movies and falling in love with them. Ever since then star wars has always been something I have had a strong interest in and am excited whenever a new addition to the franchise is released.

This love of star wars is what lead me to stumble upon StarwarsRP back in 2017 where I found a sever called 'Imperial Gaming' where I immediately fell in-love with how immersive the environment is giving players the chance to escape into this alternate place where they can be apart of something great and do stuff that would otherwise not be even an option in reality. 

P.S real fans know that the true Star Wars day is May 25th

• Upvote 1

Star Wars is a 9/10

If they deleted Jar Jar it would be 10/10

Star Wars has made a very big difference on me as a person and in my life as a whole because I was introduced to Star Wars RP by a man named "Teo" when he made a video about minging, I planned to minge and I came onto Star Wars RP trying to f**k around, this was back on the 22nd of December, 2015, close to the release of The Force Awakens. When I joined the server, named Republic Gaming (the better one), I was trained by a man named Lobster, who I will never forget, he changed my mind completely, showed me how intense it could be and how much fun it truly was to play Star Wars RP. In my first two weeks, I had a weeks worth of playtime. I ended up playing with Republic Gaming under the name "Omoshiroii" for nearly a year, from there I met some of my best friends to this day, Aleks, Morgs, Wright, Microsoftware, and Techwarfare. I've met 2/5 of these people in real life from our friendship on the internet and due to Star Wars, I met them in Queensland and we got cooked as and sat on a beach staring out into the ocean, it was one of the best nights of my life, just chilling.

I eventually moved on and joined Poseidon for a short while, then went and played Gateway Gaming for a very long time, almost two years of my life actually, and again, I made a lot of friends, s8ncaat, Alluh, Janda, and others that I can't really remember at the moment, but once again, Star Wars changed my life because it exposed me to all of these people and their opinions, their loves, their hates and them as people, it truly changed me as a person and an individual. I thank everyone I've met on Star Wars RP, whether or not they like me anymore, you've turned me into me and Star Wars, as well as GMod RP was always there for me, when I started playing I was 14, I'm now 18 and I'm a new person with different interests, thoughts and people I speak to.

I'm now with Imperial Gaming and plan to stay with Imperial Gaming for the longest time that I can due to my love of the community and Star Wars as a whole. Also I met @zaspan who is literally all of my channel memes at the moment, so its all been worth it.

Star Wars has inadvertently turned me into the person I am today, so I thank all those that I've met due to it, and am still going to meet due to it.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Star Wars has made a very big difference on me as a person and in my life as a whole because I was introduced to Star Wars RP by a man named "Teo" when he made a video about minging, I planned to minge and I came onto Star Wars RP trying to f**k around.

I first joined IG wanting to minge due to watching videos as well.

I thought "Haha, what nerds would actually take Roleplaying as Star Wars character seriously?"

Now I'm the commander of the RP heavy Imperial Security Bureau.

I grew up around Star Wars and saw the Clone wars series play out and enjoyed the messages that came out of the movies and TV series as each episode had different message and meaning to them. I found out most of them and didn't find out others but I very much enjoyed it. I got introduced to Star Wars RP when I saw my brother playing on Garry's Mod on my PC racking up minging bans on different servers so I was like "Hey that looks fun". So I instantly got pulled into Star Wars roleplay. I wasn't originally on IG, in fact, I was on a bigger server at the time (A Clone Wars one) called TGC The Gaming Council where I met many players who were moving to different server's I saw that IG was low on players so I decided to head on over because I knew some of TGC's old player base is heading over to try something new in a new concept to us called 'Imperial Era RP'. I had a blast not knowing where I would end up I started to minge like every other ST in my time and I did so seemingly without serious punishment to my surprise. I then came to a realisation that I could really have fun on the server if I RP'd and so I did and IT WORKED so I started to intensify not only my RP experience but those around me. In around May of 2017, I became the CO of 212th and I had a blast commanding my regiment since we were a lore regiment it was easy to do tasks and assign my troopers to duties that other CO's didn't do with their regiments at the time. I kept going until happily ever after. The End... Star Wars is also it can bring great change if you let it.

I remember when my mum made me scrambled eggs with tie fighter shaped toast 

From then out I loved Star Wars 

Wow Star Wars RP has given me so much. It all started when I was a good ST. Then after a while I joined RG then Marauders then it went down hill. Well after 1 perma ban, no warns and a bunch of dumb sh*t I'm here. Star Wars has taught me how to deal with certain individuals who have a lower than average brain cell count by the amount of dumbsh*t they do, and our server has introduced me to the e-girl lover

12 hours ago, Kristofer said:

Love it

I like the First Order more than the Empire 

Heavily influenced by watching The Force Awakens for my first Star Wars movie and watching all of Star Wars Resistance.

Star Wars to me is a series thats aight I guess, Lord of the Rings was probably my favourite movie series.

Star Wars RP, at least to me, was something I joined because my friend recommended that I play it. Honestly, there have been some times where I thought to  myself... 'What are you doing playing this'?

Star Wars RP is pretty much a Chat Room where you pretend to be in Star Wars ngl

*ccough may the 5th*

i think Star Wars has impacted the world through many ways, it has inspired many things (including bootlegs)

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Preview Post
Sign in to follow this