Proven's Ban Appeal.

Steam Details

Steam Name: Proven

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:178955391

Steam Profile linkhttps://steamcommunity.com/id/Proven01/ 

In Game Details

In Game Name: Proven

In Game Rank: N/A (Cannot recall) 

In Game Regiment: Storm Trooper Corps (Presumably)

Ban Details

How long was the ban for: 

The duration of the ban was permanent, stipulating that I would be unable to re-appeal or be welcomed back for a maximum of two years. 

However, an equitable consensus between Whitey, Wolf and I was reached, which lifted this restriction, permitting me another chance to appeal. 

Which staff member banned you: 

Jok Donassius (AKA Cody, I believe.)

What date did the ban occur: 

19 | 08 | 2018 at 00:04:23 PM

What was the reason for the ban: 

"Violation of unban conditions."

After I was stuck in spawn, I impulsively made the decision to kill the people of whom I was stuck inside in order to get free of the ST spawn and move on with the event. Certainly not the best decision.

449D8969B5E15B1736BDBD4B8B366BB9A9462372

Explain the situation in detail which led to you being banned: 

How can I? It was death by a thousand cuts, and I'm still yet to figure out who I let down the most; whether it be myself, or the community. 

A memorable journey woven with regretful mistakes resulted in the gradual accumulation of warnings, which lead to the inevitable spiral of my ban.

I was helpless, hurt, and lost, and as a result of my own decisions, I was removed from a community I held dearly to my heart.

I've been told in the past that each warning was a chance to redeem myself that I never took, but that was never how I viewed it. I was naive, childish, and lacked the knowledge and foresight to realise that shit needed to change, and shit needed to change now. 

I can't say I'm not the same person anymore; I am. I still have the same sense of humour that made people laugh. I still have & had the same mind that would put the interests of others before my own. But the one thing I haven't dragged with me is the burden of ruining the fun of others, and throwing away valued friendships for reasons I didn't even know. These past months have humbled me, and I, as well as many others, are satisfied with the progress I have made behaviourally, and I don't plan on ever returning to my former self.  

So with that, I leave you. I leave you to dictate whether or not I am welcome within your community. This isn't my first ban appeal, but I can assure you, it will be my last. 

I don't expect any of you to ever trust me again, but what I do ask is for one final chance to prove to you all that I can and have changed. 

I thank you all dearly for taking the time to review this, and wish you a blissful evening.

Always,

Proven.

Edited by L.B.
  • Haha 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Facepalm 2
  • Upvote 7

Do you mean 19 | 08 | 2018? for the ban date?

Neutral

Personally don't play imperial that much so I have no idea who you are.

You  mentioned a number of warns  lead to your ban  if you could expand upon these.

Your appeal seems a bit short.

You were told a minimum 2 years till  appealing.

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Mongo said:

Do you mean 19 | 08 | 2018? for the ban date?

Neutral

Personally don't play imperial that much so I have no idea who you are.

You  mentioned a number of warns  lead to your ban  if you could expand upon these.

Your appeal seems a bit short.

You were told a minimum 2 years till  appealing.

The date of the ban was the 19th September of 2018.

Apologies, forgot to mention that I had a closed-door meeting with @Whitey and @Wolf. We reached an equitable consensus which, to put simply, allowed me to re-apply without the strain of the two-year banishment from the community. 

I decided I'd keep this appeal short and sharp, considering this isn't my first appeal, and, to be quite honest, I don't have heaps to say. I'm regretful, and don't know what else to include that I haven't in my past appeals.

Regardless, your feedback is appreciated.

Edited by L.B.

How many warns do you have exactly if you remeber and what are they for?

• Upvote 2

I believe you have more warns than I have fingers and toes but I still think you deserve a another chance, mainly because it has been quite awhile since you were banned. I think it is more than enough time for you to change and think you do need another chance to prove yourself. So I'm going to leave you with a +1 only because I think you have changed and the side of you I saw back when you weren't banned. Good luck.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, TomCos said:

How many warns do you have exactly if you remeber and what are they for?

More than I'm proud of. Though I can't quite recall the specifics, some information may prove useful on one of my previous ban appeals. 

30 minutes ago, Xane said:

Agreed 

+1

Only Staff can post on ban appeals.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

Positives

• Reason for wanting to return to the server appears to be rather genuine and honest
  • Applicant shows dedication in wanting to rejoin the community and re-join the server

Negatives

• Applicant has failed to provide a screenshot of their ban notice as per the appeal template
  • Applicant does not describe the events that transpired and led to the ban and instead goes off on a tangent and provides rather minimal and vague reasoning
  • Applicant provides minimal detail within their application and little to no supportive reasoning or evidence
  • Applicant was given an initial ban for reaching a large quantity of warns (from the comments made within the last appeal the number was 30+) following this the applicant was un-banned following his appeal and put on an indefinite good behaviour period with the consequences of receiving another warn clearly stipulated, he then proceeded to lapse on this act of good faith and was banned accordingly

Additional Points

• I personally would like to see more details surrounding your ban
  • I personally would like to see how many warns you accumulated throughout the ordeal and what these warns were for as this will provide greater detail to the appeal and your nature. (A check of your STEAMID through our warn system only shows 2 warns under your name of 'Proven' 1 of which being the notice that you would be community banned following your next warn, however I believe their is more missing from what is listed)

I will be giving the applicant a MINUS 1 for this appeal due to the what is presented in the appeal and information from your prior appeal ( Link ) I do not see you as someone I would like to see brought back into the server community. This however is my personal opinion and regardless of the appeals outcome I will support whatever the final verdict is.

Regards,

Sully

• Facepalm 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, L.B. said:

I've been told in the past that each warning was a chance to redeem myself that I never took, but that was never how I viewed it. I was naive, childish, and lacked the knowledge and foresight to realise that shit needed to change, and shit needed to change now.

5 hours ago, L.B. said:

I can't say I'm not the same person anymore; I am.

So from your own mouth, you haven't changed? It just sounds like you are going to continue as you did before which led to your ban.

• Facepalm 1
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 4

7 hours ago, Sky said:

So from your own mouth, you haven't changed? It just sounds like you are going to continue as you did before which led to your ban.

He literally states in the next coming sentence that the goods parts of him haven't changed but the bad have man:

"the one thing I haven't dragged with me is the burden of ruining the fun of others"

If Whitey and Wolf have given you the chance to appeal it means they can see the possibility of this being a turning point for you. It's up to you to not throw the chance away and to use it for good this time. I'm going to +1 your ban appeal but under a STRICT probation period.

Good Luck

• Upvote 4

I've known you for awhile Proven, At one point I thought of you as a friend. And of course, with this I know you all too well, On previous servers you have been banned for alting, racism & general disregard for server rules, that general disregard for others and the rules is why you were banned on here as well. You've lied to me and joined regiments I have run in the past on your alt accounts. You've had all too many chances to fix your ways.

You make promises, break them and continue to make these "mistakes", these "mistakes" which continue to destroy trust people once had in you.
Proven, You and I know too well you will never change in your behaviour, instead, you need a MAJOR wake up call.

I don't see us as friends anymore but I still want you to improve, I'm going to leave a neutral / leaning towards a +1. 

Improve in your behaviour and I'll make this a +1, I hope to one day see you on the server.

Edited by Austro
  • Shocked 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

4 hours ago, Helsing said:

"the one thing I haven't dragged with me is the burden of ruining the fun of others"

If Whitey and Wolf have given you the chance to appeal it means they can see the possibility of this being a turning point for you. It's up to you to not throw the chance away and to use it for good this time. I'm going to +1 your ban appeal but under a STRICT probation period.

Good Luck

Sums it up well. If you believe you are ready for a second chance, and can prove yourself, I am happy to give you a+1.

• Upvote 1

+1

Proven used to be a minge. Let’s get that clear. He messed up. He did dumb things. But it’s been a long time. I think he has seriously thought about it and has decided that he is ready to come back to the community. Proven has told me that he plays on EG and has a decent rep. Proven is a good guy with good intentions. And I think that he is ready to come back to the server.

although I can agree, the app Lacks detail, that can easily be fixed if Proven can go over it and edit and add more things.

people can change.

I agree with @Helsings statement of a strict probation period. 

Some of you guys here don’t even know who proven is. And I’ll tell you who he is.

Proven is an old member of IG, around all the way back to when I was a Commender of the Imperial Commandos. He joined the server and started a reputation as a minge. A disobedient stormtrooper. The thing is, he was smart about it. Proven knew how the rules worked and knew how to avoid larger punishment. So he focussed on petty crime. Fail rp, metagame, abuse etc. a couple rdms here and there. Back when I was a SEM for Imperial, I checked his warns. My god, I was surprised he hadn’t been banned sooner. Proven is literally the reason why we implemented new rules so that people couldn’t get away with 30+ warns. Proven was a funny guy, a mute, but funny guy. He was charming in a sense and communicated well. He was a good RPer. I took proven in, I took a lot of misfits and minges into IC, hoping I could help them and change their ways. When I was on, Proven was as good as gold. A fine trooper. A decent guy and a really good trooper to have in your regiment. I, and Lime, trained him up to be a member of IC. I can’t remember how Proven left, wether I kicked him or he just went back to ST. All I remember is that he was a fine trooper. It’s unfortunate he relapsed back into ST and started doing stupid things again, I had several conversations warning Proven. For the most part, he made excuses. However, I know now that he can’t excuse his actions any more. He has acknowledged that he has done wrong. He isn’t the same kid I knew back in the day. Getting banned from his favourite rp server would have been a real turning point for him. And he has had lots of time to think about his actions. He has changed, much for the better. And I know that proven, if unbanned, is too smart to fall into his voided past self. From what he has told me, he has made a good impression on EG and is a good player. I thought think, I hope, I know, he can do the same in our community. From the conversations he has had with me he has always had good intentions, he wants a new start on IG, a clean slate. He has apologised for his actions and blames no one but himself for the damage he may have caused. This is very admirable, and shows just how far he has come since a couple of years ago. I say give him a second shot. I know Proven will do his best.

also, a note. I don’t think there’s a way to find a full list of provens warns. As I think they were cleared after negotiations and only a singular warn was placed noting that a second would bring community ban. 

Edited by Fox
  • Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Fox said:

+1

Proven used to be a minge. Let’s get that clear. He messed up. He did dumb things. But it’s been a long time. I think he has seriously thought about it and has decided that he is ready to come back to the community. Proven has told me that he plays on EG and has a decent rep. Proven is a good guy with good intentions. And I think that he is ready to come back to the server.

although I can agree, the app Lacks detail, that can easily be fixed if Proven can go over it and edit and add more things.

people can change.

Some of you guys here don’t even know who proven is. And I’ll tell you who he is.

Proven is an old member of IG, around all the way back to when I was a Commender of the Imperial Commandos. He joined the server and started a reputation as a minge. A disobedient stormtrooper. The thing is, he was smart about it. Proven knew how the rules worked and knew how to avoid larger punishment. So he focussed on petty crime. Fail rp, metagame, abuse etc. a couple rdms here and there. Back when I was a SEM for Imperial, I checked his warns. My god, I was surprised he hadn’t been banned sooner. Proven is literally the reason why we implemented new rules so that people couldn’t get away with 30+ warns. Proven was a funny guy, a mute, but funny guy. He was charming in a sense and communicated well. He was a good RPer. I took proven in, I took a lot of misfits and minges into IC, hoping I could help them and change their ways. When I was on, Proven was as good as gold. A fine trooper. A decent guy and a really good trooper to have in your regiment. I, and Lime, trained him up to be a member of IC. I can’t remember how Proven left, wether I kicked him or he just went back to ST. All I remember is that he was a fine trooper. It’s unfortunate he relapsed back into ST and started doing stupid things again, I had several conversations warning Proven. For the most part, he made excuses. However, I know now that he can’t excuse his actions any more. He has acknowledged that he has done wrong. He isn’t the same kid I knew back in the day. Getting banned from his favourite rp server would have been a real turning point for him. And he has had lots of time to think about his actions. He has changed, much for the better. And I know that proven, if unbanned, is too smart to fall into his voided past self. From what he has told me, he has made a good impression on EG and is a good player. I thought think, I hope, I know, he can do the same in our community. From the conversations he has had with me he has always had good intentions, he wants a new start on IG, a clean slate. He has apologised for his actions and blames no one but himself for the damage he may have caused. This is very admirable, and shows just how far he has come since a couple of years ago. I say give him a second shot. I know Proven will do his best.

also, a note. I don’t think there’s a way to find a full list of provens warns. As I think they were cleared after negotiations and only a singular warn was placed noting that a second would bring community ban. 

Thank you, Fox. Thank you for believing in me. It really does mean the world to me. I know that if I'm given one more chance, I won't let you down. 

4 hours ago, Dwayne said:

Sums it up well. If you believe you are ready for a second chance, and can prove yourself, I am happy to give you a+1.

Thank you very much, Dwayne. I do believe I am ready for another chance.

4 hours ago, Austro said:

I've known you for awhile Proven, At one point I thought of you as a friend. And of course, with this I know you all too well, On previous servers you have been banned for alting, racism & general disregard for server rules, that general disregard for others and the rules is why you were banned on here as well. You've lied to me and joined regiments I have run in the past on your alt accounts. You've had all too many chances to fix your ways.

You make promises, break them and continue to make these "mistakes", these "mistakes" which continue to destroy trust people once had in you.
Proven, You and I know too well you will never change in your behaviour, instead, you need a MAJOR wake up call.

I don't see us as friends anymore but I still want you to improve, I'm going to leave a neutral / leaning towards a +1. 

Improve in your behaviour and I'll make this a +1, I hope to one day see you on the server.

I'm sorry to hear that you no longer see us as friends anymore. I know I've done bad things to you, and I always thought time would heal them, but it seems you're still hurt. I didn't just see you as a friend; you were always at the top of my mind. When I heard about the medical incident a few months back, I felt horrible. I felt horrible because I knew I hadn't been the best friend, yet you'd always accept me regardless.

I won't try and manipulate our interactions to repair our friendship. What's done is done, and I struggle to see how I can change your mind. 

Again, I'm sorry, Austro.

Alas, thank you for your feedback.

8 hours ago, Helsing said:

He literally states in the next coming sentence that the goods parts of him haven't changed but the bad have man:

Good Luck

I really appreciate you clarifying this. Apologies, I would have sooner, I've just had a few things on my plate.

Thank you for seeing things the way I wanted the community to.

I hope we'll get to have at least one interaction, you seem incredibly genuine, and I've heard pleasant things about you.

Your feedback is most appreciated, Helsing.

All the best :^)

16 hours ago, Sky said:

Apologies for not making this clear. What I meant was, though I am the same person at heart, I've learned from my mistakes and put in my all to change the way I conduct myself around people.

Thank you very much for your feedback, Sky.

16 hours ago, Sully said:

Positives

• Reason for wanting to return to the server appears to be rather genuine and honest
  • Applicant shows dedication in wanting to rejoin the community and re-join the server

Negatives

• Applicant has failed to provide a screenshot of their ban notice as per the appeal template
  • Applicant does not describe the events that transpired and led to the ban and instead goes off on a tangent and provides rather minimal and vague reasoning
  • Applicant provides minimal detail within their application and little to no supportive reasoning or evidence
  • Applicant was given an initial ban for reaching a large quantity of warns (from the comments made within the last appeal the number was 30+) following this the applicant was un-banned following his appeal and put on an indefinite good behaviour period with the consequences of receiving another warn clearly stipulated, he then proceeded to lapse on this act of good faith and was banned accordingly

Additional Points

• I personally would like to see more details surrounding your ban
  • I personally would like to see how many warns you accumulated throughout the ordeal and what these warns were for as this will provide greater detail to the appeal and your nature. (A check of your STEAMID through our warn system only shows 2 warns under your name of 'Proven' 1 of which being the notice that you would be community banned following your next warn, however I believe their is more missing from what is listed)

I will be giving the applicant a MINUS 1 for this appeal due to the what is presented in the appeal and information from your prior appeal ( Link ) I do not see you as someone I would like to see brought back into the server community. This however is my personal opinion and regardless of the appeals outcome I will support whatever the final verdict is.

Regards,

Sully

I understand that I seem like someone you wouldn't want to see brought back. 

I'm sorry to hear it - Sterling has told me wonderful things about you, and I hope that I can meet with you and show you that I'm not as awful as I seem.

All the best, and thank you for your feedback, Sully.

Edited by L.B.
  • Facepalm 1
  • Upvote 2

Neutral heavily leaning to +1

I dont know if its just me, but I dont really understand the situation in which you got banned, like, was it Mass RDM? Mass Minging? if that is explained, I will go to +1, I like what the others say about this (thats why its heavily leaning)

due is to the hesitant evidence below, I’m going to put a hesitant +1

Edited by Pendragon
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, L.B. said:

Apologies for not making this clear. What I meant was, though I am the same person at heart, I've learned from my mistakes and put in my all to change the way I conduct myself around people.

Thank you very much for your feedback, Sky.

I did misread it, and I do apologise for that.

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, Fox said:

+1

people can change.

+1, I heavily agree with fox.

• Upvote 3

Too much mixed responses for my liking 

Netrual 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Pendragon said:

Neutral heavily leaning to +1

I dont know if its just me, but I dont really understand the situation in which you got banned, like, was it Mass RDM? Mass Minging? if that is explained, I will go to +1, I like what the others say about this (thats why its heavily leaning)

That's understandable.

The circumstances that lead to my ban were tedious. It wasn't just a few warnings, it was somewhere around the 50 mark, though I was not permanently banned at this point because the Imperial Gaming Management Team were reluctant to remove me from the community. They believed that I could change, (and they were right in doing so), it just took me a while to get here. I wasn't immediately banned without a seconds' thought (like people who hop on to Mass RDM) because those who knew me personally were aware of my intentions, and tried to alert me of my own shortcomings. 

If I killed a trooper, it was to protect a higher-up. If I was disrespectful to someone, it was usually to defend those of whom I cared about. Loyalty with me was hit-or-miss. I'd go to lengths most would consider excessive in order to entertain friends, and enhance overall experiences in roleplay. 

A long break from the community has given me some breathing room to evaluate my personal behaviour, and how I treated members of staff and others. For this reason, several months later, I have decided to give re-appealing one last shot. 

Imperial Gaming seems like a wonderful community, one that I'd like to play on, but I'd largely like to return to show those who ever had reason to doubt me just how far I've come since then. 

I hope you found this helpful, Pendragon, and thank you for your feedback. 

1 hour ago, Sky said:

I did misread it, and I do apologise for that.

That's quite alright. I'm glad we could clear things up. 

1 hour ago, Eclipse said:

+1, I heavily agree with fox.

Thank you, Eclipse.

1 hour ago, Delta said:

Too much mixed responses for my liking 

Netrual 

I understand. 

Thank you for your feedback, Delta.

The fact you had 20-30+ warns and then were community banned as a result, were uncommunity banned on strict probation and then decided to mass rdm again is a bit iffy.

Normally I'm pretty forgiving and believe in redemption etc but this is rather interesting.

You were given countless chances and wasted all of them, so im just gonna sit with a Neutral until you can really convince that you won't waste another chance.

2 hours ago, Kumo said:

The fact you had 20-30+ warns and then were community banned as a result, were uncommunity banned on strict probation and then decided to mass rdm again is a bit iffy.

Normally I'm pretty forgiving and believe in redemption etc but this is rather interesting.

You were given countless chances and wasted all of them, so im just gonna sit with a Neutral until you can really convince that you won't waste another chance.

neutral 

I have friends who were banned of this server (and other Communities) for a lot less than what you did again, like some of the people here, I haven't met you in person... however... Being a 'Charismatic' or 'Funny' bloke doesn't mean that you are fit for the community. 

The only way I would be satisfied with your return is, as others have stated... namely Helsing, a Strict Probation period. 

Sadly I used to do the same thing as you, being manipulating the rules on the server, however, I have changed as a result.

I'm hoping if you rejoin the Community you may have the chance to Change.

Leaving a +1

16 hours ago, Kumo said:

I completely understand.

Though, considering my history, it's difficult to know what else to say in order to convince you that I won't waste another chance. I have been given chances and wasted them, I just know for a fact that I don't have it in me to waste another opportunity to remedy my actions. 

13 hours ago, zaspan said:

neutral 

Thanks for your feedback, Zaspan.

I know our history has been rocky in the past, and for that, you have responded negatively to my past appeals. But I'm glad you have changed your reaction to a final appeal, and I hope I'm given the chance to apologise to you through actions rather than words. 

7 hours ago, Peter said:

I have friends who were banned of this server (and other Communities) for a lot less than what you did again, like some of the people here, I haven't met you in person... however... Being a 'Charismatic' or 'Funny' bloke doesn't mean that you are fit for the community. 

The only way I would be satisfied with your return is, as others have stated... namely Helsing, a Strict Probation period. 

Sadly I used to do the same thing as you, being manipulating the rules on the server, however, I have changed as a result.

I'm hoping if you rejoin the Community you may have the chance to Change.

Leaving a +1

I'm glad you can (somewhat) relate to my situation.

Thank you for your feedback, Peter. 

18 hours ago, Kumo said:

I looked at your previous ban appeal and you're basically just giving the same reasons as to why you should be unbanned. Last time, perhaps you did deserve a second chance but you decided to break the community's trust even after being unbanned. 20-30 warns isn't an easy thing to do, even if you were trying to get that many so I don't see any reason as to why you should be let back onto any of the IG servers.

Also, regarding what fox said.. I'm sorry but somebody who comes on the server, knowing what rules to break in order to avoid "larger punishments" is not somebody I would be happy to see back on the server. Yes, he may have improved after joining a regiment but that's still not somebody I would trust to come back for a third time..

On 4/30/2019 at 12:36 AM, Kumo said:

Neutral, Reasons stated above.

• Upvote 1