• Steam Name:
    [IG] Sparx
  • SteamID32:
  • STEAM_1:0:435566838
  • Steam Profile Link:
  • In Game Name:
    Master Operative Sparx / Initiate Aphrodite
  • Time Played Imperial RP:
    1 Day, 6 Hours (https://imgur.com/a/YFb39qY)
  • Time Played Clone Wars RP:
    1 Week, 11 Hours (https://imgur.com/a/2ksmOvw)
  • Have you had any warns (If so state them)?
    No
  • Have you had any bans (If so state them)?
    No
  • Have you been staff on any other servers or communities (If so state them)?
    Paramount Gaming (Event Director, Server Manager), Acidic Lounge (Admin), Mystic RP (Event Manager), Bandit Gaming (Admin), Voltic Networks (Owner), Wolf Gaming (Moderator), Lobster Servers (Event Master), United Gaming (Trial Moderator)
  • What do you believe is the purpose of Moderators on the server?
    Moderators are instated to keep the server from going to chaos. Moderators are tasked with dealing with minges, troublemakers and victims. Moderators do not only deal with the bad side of the server as they may be called to assist by whitelisting a trooper, sorting out tools for someone, or even just simply keeping the status quo of the server. Moderators are there to help the community and keep the community fun for all while assisting in maintaining serious RP during serious RP times (10+ players.) Moderators may also be asked to assist by spawning ships for RSC or BARCs for those who are certified.
  • Why are you applying to be a Trial Moderator?
    I am applying for Trial Moderator as through my experience on the server I have seen how well this community works and I wish to help continue this. While the staff team in its current state is in quite a good position I believe more members can bring a fresh perspective and help when others aren't able to. I have lots of experience in positions of staff as I find it quite an important position so I feel that when I can help, I should. While I haven't experienced too many problems I have seen some issues, be it a racist recruit with no intent to RP, or someone failing to follow protocol in a way that ruins others immersion. I feel that I would be able to assist in ridding the community of these people one minge at a time.
  • What do you believe you can bring to the staff team?
    I believe I can bring a can-do attitude with enough strictness to make a reasonable judgement in the event of a trooper behaving inappropriately. I know that positions like this require attention to detail, and as someone trying to become and electrician, I know how to pay attention to the fine details. I believe while I may not be on 24/7 in the hours that I am on a day, I can assist the rest of the staff team in dealing with all kinds of people and situations whether it be a question about something, a complaint, or someone reporting another player for breaking the rules. Given that I understand this is an important position I believe I can act in the right way as to not make the situation worse, while dealing with the problem in a justified way.
  • Someone Mass RDM’s and disconnects from the server. What do you do?
    I would first get the SteamID of the perpetrator and put it somewhere just in case. I would then check logs and check with people who were killed to see if there is any information that might help me understand what happened. Once I have confirmed that the person did it I would warn them for Mass RDM and leave as well as ban them temporarily. Once the ban has been set in place I would contact fellow staff for information on whether to extend the ban, reduce the ban or revoke it entirely (not that it would ever be revoked.) Once the ban has been set in place make sure none of the victims lost tools and if they did replace them then return to normal duties.
  • Someone is bullying another member of the community. What do you do?
    Once I receive the report I would bring the victim somewhere safe and discuss what happened. I would check chat logs for anything that proves it as well as ask for any evidence or witnesses. Once I have enough proof to trust the victim I would bring the perpetrator(s) and question them. I would see how the perpetrator(s) react and see whether the seem like they had done it. Once I have reason to believe the bullying has occurred I would warn the perpetrator(s) and notify their commander(s) about what has gone on. I would notify other staff to be on the lookout for continued bullying and would monitor those involved for a bit to make sure its over.
  • You see a higher ranking staff member abuse their powers. What do you do?
    I would turn on my screen recording software (assuming I'm on the right computer) and monitor the member. I would take screenshots of the events and of any logs that prove my case. Once I have enough evidence I would contact a member of the management team with all the evidence I have gathered. I would discuss with the manager what I saw, ideally have some witnesses as well so there is enough evidence to make it blatantly obvious. Once the evidence has been brought to management I would wait for a response as to not make the situation hostile. I would leave the staff member to do their thing and if they keep abusing gather more evidence to show.
  • Someone threatens to DDOS the server. what do you do?
    I would remove the player from the server with a temporary ban and grab their SteamID. Once I have the SteamID I would take any screenshots of logs or chat that would show what has happened and forward it to management/admins. Once the information has been forwarded I would await a staff response so someone can extend his ban to a permanent ban as a threat towards the server is something that will not be tolerated. If no contact could be made I would make sure the person won't be able to connect for long enough that senior staff can review the evidence and make the right decision.
  • Terms & Conditions
    Yes
Edited by Sparx
So I kind of put the wrong SteamID, sorry
  • Upvote 1

Highly detailed and well written application, sparx is a positive and mature member of the community. I have left positive support for this application. 

Best of luck!

Edited by Dwayne