IG Servers | Forum Updates 13MAR19

• Advisor

Hi All,

As some of you are aware there have been some changes to the forum lately. The reasoning behind this is to better manage applications as they are processed helping us reduce the wait times on applications. This is simply because of the increase in Management Staff as we continue to expand with another major announcement coming in the next couple of weeks. We may have even left some spoilers on our current platforms... Who knows.
But this has meant for a change which will now be detailed in this post for you to understand.

If you have a question post it below and I will try to reply when I can. Please refrain from general chit chat in this post!

Application rule changes:
1. Your application when applying should be your best work. With 2 and a half years of examples now available you should be able to see what a quality application looks like. Once submitted this is you putting your best case forward and therefore the support will be instant.
2. +1 and -1 will disappear as it is currently known. Instead, a Poll with Positive and Negative Support will be used so that management can see straight away and provide you a response quicker. This obviously removes neutral - What you should do instead is not vote if you are unsure about something and instead ask a question, or get something clarified before making your decision. Also if you believe that you have information that pertains to why someone should or shouldn't be staff then post it in the application for others to see.

For current applications, you do not need to transfer them but it would be highly appreciated by myself. :)4. Once submitted all Management Team will receive a notification that a new application has been submitted. With this, we can see the community feedback, Applicants details, and the application immediately.

So what you will do now for all applications will be as below:

1. Click on Open Applications on the top of the forum menu bar.

image.thumb.png.e00afc3b620bb90a1eacd4e84044ae76.png

2. Select the appropriate application that you are looking for. Let's say PAC3 on Clone Wars.

image.thumb.png.c12180521673eae38ce6781f86caae6f.png

3. Fill out all appropriate details for the application, for some fields they will have sanity checks as in the Steam ID and URLs to make sure you have put in appropriate detail. when it comes image.thumb.png.bf86f4b683400d3e4f1d3a7fafef2c67.png
for images it will give you a nice attachment point. Once completed press "Save".

image.thumb.png.008a7de2477578ea0c5a2b0cd9d4f472.png

4. Once submitted all Management Team will receive a notification that a new application has been submitted. With this, we can see the community feedback, Applicants details, and the application immediately.

image.thumb.png.cbc9f7244b93f333d71dc5e4284da827.png

image.thumb.png.1f4e816b10612f8a38fb41b4d00b077d.png

5. If accepted into the team then Approve will be pressed and you will be moved to the User Group. We will also be looking at one of these for the donation tag so we can process it quicker for members that donate.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4
  • Advisor
3 hours ago, Flame said:

So are we going to have to re-apply if we have a app currently going?

Negative, this is for future applications, all current and past applications are still valid in the old way. 

New System looks great!

just noticed however there is no apply button available for the Moderator or Event Master positions on the new section. I am assuming that is due to me already having the Moderator tag but I could be wrong.

20 hours ago, Whitey said:

We may have even left some spoilers on our current platforms... Who knows.

Someone said the cars are from GTA so it's gotta be something along those lines, something to do with Cars? DarkRP? Hotwheels RP? CarRP? even a gmamode called GTA RP? :THINKING:

(Just announce it already pls it's killing my life) P.S also good work with the new systems keep it coming

• Advisor
13 hours ago, Sully said:

New System looks great!

just noticed however there is no apply button available for the Moderator or Event Master positions on the new section. I am assuming that is due to me already having the Moderator tag but I could be wrong.

Yes, because you already have the said tags the button does not show up for you as you are already a staff member :) This way it keeps the forums clean for you :)

9 minutes ago, Wolf said:

Yes, because you already have the said tags the button does not show up for you as you are already a staff member :) This way it keeps the forums clean for you :)

For me, all Apply buttons appear except for the Imperial EM one.

1 hour ago, Wolf said:

Thank you for clearing that up :) 

Im not at staff member, and don't plan on applying - ever.

But,

ImperialRP Moderator, ImperialRP Event Master (obviously cause the apps are closed) and CWRP Moderator don't appear for me ever since being given the Donator tag.

• Whitey locked, unpinned and unfeatured this topic