First Ever Image of a Black Hole

Hey guys, I’m a huge Space Guy, I love the whole concept of the infinite cosmos, and just over two hours ago, the first ever image of a black hole was released to the public. I love it. It’s a bit blurry obviously, but so cool.

Here it is.

dGkkiUU.png

• Like 3
  • Upvote 4

Welp that’s a possible wormhole

also the only reason its blury is if the picture was taken a bit closer to the thing we wouldn't even have a picture, singularity's are bloody confusing

Edited by Pendragon
6 minutes ago, Billybob1061 said:

I'm surprised this is the "first" actual image of a black hole. I thought we would have already taken a picture of it already but very interesting

Its a Black Hole in a black space. hard to see just like the word black hole in this reply

ALso space is very wide not as big as minecraft tho

Black Hole

But Sauron was not of mortal flesh, and though he was robbed now of that shape in which had wrought so great an evil, so that he could never again appear fair to the eyes of Men, yet his spirit arose out of the deep and passed as a shadow and a black wind over the sea, and came back to Middle-earth and to Mordor that was his home. There he took up again his great Ring in Barad-dur, and dwelt there, dark and silent, until he wrought himself a new guise, an image of malice and hatred made visible; and the Eye of Sauron the Terrible few could endure.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

I mean, that's really cool and all to kind of make out what it looks like, although quite scary. But, it kind of looks like someone is taking a close up picture of a heat light. I hope they get a better quality picture soon I'd be really keen to see it.

I think black holes are interesting things and are awesome to study :) I'm glad we aren't being sucked towards one right now even if we were IG would live forever.

Edited by Wombatiacus
  • Facepalm 1
  • Downvote 1