Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Wooley

Signature Poll

Can we have the old signatures back, please?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Purely Opinions

• Yes, i want the old signatures back.
    • No, they are the big gay.

i haven't been here too long, but this is disappointing, however please do not hate on others for picking 'yes' or 'no' this is just a poll fellas

Edited by Wooley

I think 5 lines, a link and a decently sized picture is enough honestly.

People don’t need to know 1000 things about you by your signature. I know some people really like them, but keep it simple, or link to a word doc like @SCHEFF does.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Bailey said:

I think 5 lines, a link and a decently sized picture is enough honestly.

People don’t need to know 1000 things about you by your signature. I know some people really like them, but keep it simple, or link to a word doc like @SCHEFF does.

This post shall serve as a demonstration of my superior signature techniques.

If only I could have pictures in my signature because apparently this 500 x 170 picture is over the 1000 x 200 limit. Very angery grrrrr

1437650077_panaka1cropped.png.d1fb6487ccef80ae08d8b6241e1eb056.png

Edited by SCHEFF

I don't mind the new rules its just the 1 image part I dislike, As I like to put quoted images, funny moments etc. Other than that The new changes are okay.

43 minutes ago, Morgan said:

just use spoilers 

That's what I'm confused about, is the total line count 6? Or can spoilers extend them

@Happy & @Vanilla,

You two serve as examples of why the rules have been brought in. The fact your signatures took up my whole computer screen.

The old settings will not be returning, but as stated they will be tweaked as seen fit.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

I think that we should be able to put more stuff inside the spoiler boxes again so if people do want to know more about you, they can open it and if not scroll past again.

Your signatures should be: "a distinctive pattern, product, or characteristic by which someone or something can be identified"

This basically means it just needs to be something in which people can look at to help them know who you are; like a brief description of your in-game name and rank, and possibly your out of game tags also.

I'm glad the signatures have changed and prefer them as they are now. They were just obnoxious and unnecessary the way they used to be for lots of people. They look much neater and more aesthetically pleasing in my opinion.

• Upvote 1

@Pendragon @Morgan @Vanilla

Spoilers do not prevent it with the new signature restrictions, as soon as you go to edit the signatures your next time it will make you change it.

Personally I understand why the new rules have been brought into effect, I used to turn viewing signatures off just for the fact that they took forever to go past. I do however feel as if spoilers should allow you to have additional text as my signature is now messier than what i had prior due to me not being able to use a spoiler and condensing the already limited information I had.

I am fine with the changes that have happened I just think the word count should be extended a tiny bit.

I mean it's whatever, but I don't think the Signature limit is big enough, make the 1000x200 abit bigger.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Anthony said:

keep them signatures humble chief, dont need to see everything you've done and been apart of everytime you post

exactly

i dont need to know your life story, vanilla 

• Sad 1

I like Scheff's approach where the in the sig is a link to all that stuff without having to scroll past it every post, that way you don't lose that info and other people can still check it out if they are curious.  Could also link it to your forum profile and put the info in your "about me" section if you don't want to link to a google doc

I personally didnt like the old signatures and think that these new ones are fine. Just link to a google doc or use spoliers or something.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Preview Post