Short thread but something that concerns me. 

Throughout my time on IG, I've been editing/making spreadsheets. And as a result I've seen a lot of peoples emails or Gmail user names. 

I've noticed a lot of players have their real name in their email and Gmail Username. I find that this is a major security breach as people can google your name and find your social Media, which reveals things like your face and location. 

Now I'm not going to parade you around for not fixing this, but if you are concerned I would recommend using an alternative email and use a Username instead of first and last name. 

Sorry for bad typing or formatting I'm on my phone

Edit:

This works as I've done it with my personal email. 

Edited by Eclipse
  • Upvote 2

Good-point.

I think people that have their names as their Gmails that they use for the Spreadsheets just don't care about people knowing their real name because they can't be bothered making a seperate Gmail specifically for Star Wars RP.

• Upvote 2
1 minute ago, Sterling said:

Good-point.

I think people that have their names as their Gmails that they use for the Spreadsheets just don't care about people knowing their real name because they can't be bothered making a seperate Gmail specifically for Star Wars RP.

I mean the email can be used for sketchy sites too. And a lot of personal information can be gathered from ones social media

My real name believe it or not is Wombatiacus... Jokes aside this is can be a serious problem for some people ho wish for their identifies to stay hidden but there is an easy fix to this.

• Head to your Gmail or Hotmail account settings or view your own account and check which details can be seen by people visiting your account
  • Through this, you can change your privacy settings or remove what you wish for people not to see. It makes your name look like anonymous [animal name] on Gmail.

If it is just your name that needs to be changed then you need to go to the settings and change it, it no then you create a whole new account specific for spreadsheet viewing.

2 hours ago, Wombatiacus said:

My real name believe it or not is Wombatiacus... Jokes aside this is can be a serious problem for some people ho wish for their identifies to stay hidden but there is an easy fix to this.

• Head to your Gmail or H otmail account settings or view your own account and check which details can be seen by people visiting your account
  • Through this, you can change your privacy settings or remove what you wish for people not to see. It makes your name look like anonymous [animal name] on Gmail.

If it is just your name that needs to be changed then you need to go to the settings and change it, it no then you create a whole new account specific for spreadsheet viewing.

Hotmail???

Its Mail Now

+1 I have one email for my gaming garbage and spam mail, the other is a professional account for job applications and work/ billing. I highly recommend the gaming email as a throwaway (with no personal data, bank details) which is the one used for gaming. Hacking is still a danger even with the many precautions there now are.

Edited by Ubermolen
8 hours ago, Ubermolen said:

+1 I have one email for my gaming garbage and spam mail, the other is a professional account for job applications and work/ billing. I highly recommend the gaming email as a throwaway (with no personal data, bank details) which is the one used for gaming. Hacking is still a danger even with the many precautions there now are.

I do too, always make sure not to use your professional account accidentally for anything sketchy

15 hours ago, Rickle said:

How do you manage 8 Emails? lol

1 = Personal stuff

2 = Signing up to things i don't care about (where all the spam goes)

3 = document email

4 = School related things

5 = Backup main email

6 = Spam Emails + Alt Email for certain games

7 = Spam Email + Alt Email for certain games

8 = Shared Family Email

Ones I Care About/Check = GREEN

Ones I dont care about or check = RED