Steam Details

Steam Name: Jye

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:72909553

Steam Profile link: https://steamcommunity.com/id/Relegator/

In Game Details

In Game Name: Jye

In Game Rank: Acolyte

In Game Regiment: Sith Marauder

Time Played Imperial RP (Server Time/Screenshot evidence): 7 weeks, 19 hours Time.png.407443bf93ab141573996dc84e200706.png
Time Played Clone Wars RP (Server Time/Screenshot evidence):  N/A

Applicants History & Reasons

Have you had any warns (If so state them): No

Have you had any bans (If so state them): No

Have you been staff on any other servers or communities (If so state them): No I have not

What do you believe is the purpose of Moderators on the server: 

I personally believe the purpose and role of Moderators on the Server is to make sure all people who are playing are enjoying themselves. A moderator does that by making sure there are no people breaking the rules on the Server. I don't believe their main job is to punish bad players immediately, but to supervise them and if necessary, discipline them when they continually step out of line on purpose, therefore stopping them from ruining the RP on the server and lowering the entire quality of the RP on the Server. Moderators also exist to ensure the servers quality of life when it doesn't involve disciplining players, such as giving out tools or helping players get unstuck. The tasks of moderators vary but all support the players and ensure they enjoy their time on the server.

Why are you applying to be a Trial Moderator: 

I am applying for Trial Moderator because I believe I would make a good fit for it, I want to be able to assist the Server in its quality and professionalism in front of users. My previous application was well received by the community but I had to close down my app as a situation occurred which took up most of my time, leaving me without the ability to dedicate myself to the server. Now that I do have the time, I believe that I would make a good fit to the team, and be a member who can bring a lot, as I will detail in my next answer.

What do you believe you can bring to the staff team:

I believe I can bring someone who has been dedicated to this Server for the better part of a year. The server would be gaining a user with extended experience on the server, someone who's trustworthy and active. I am also a very level-headed person, able to assess situations before I make a fast and rash decision. I believe being a relatively well known member of the community who gets along with most people, this would make people I speak to in sits more comfortable with the situation, leading to a calmer and more reserved solution. Example: generally when resolving a situation Im not involved in, I would make both parties feel calm and relaxed by handling the situation carefully, speaking to both parties and hearing them out before making a verdict and hopefully coming to something they are both comfortable with, rather than taking a side.

I am also from Western Australia, which means I can be on later than the average Staff Member which helps because when other Staff Members hop off, it means I can stay on and supervise the Server and the people that are still online when everyone else hops off.

Scenarios

Someone Mass RDM’s and disconnects from the server. What do you do?:

I bring up the logs, collect the person's SteamID and then warn them for MassRDM and disconnect to void punishment (Whether it's an accident or not, leaving the situation hastily will not help the situation and should be punished). I speak to a higher ranking Staff Member and see what they think about a temporary ban depending on how the person has been acting prior to the incident and how many warns they currently have, as well as how many people they killed in their MassRDM spree. With this information, I will decide a punishment on the player with the input of other/higher staff members.

Someone is bullying another member of the community. What do you do?:

This isn't something that I should deal with alone I believe, I would probably get another Staff member to help me mediate the situation, rather than doing it myself and possibly being bias in the situation should it involve anyone I know. I'd take each of them and get their statements on the situation and then see if any evidence they have contradicts their statements in regards to the situation. I would confer with other staff members if necessary, regarding the history of both people to determine what course of action should be undertaken. If it's found that someone is bullying a member of the community, they would be punished adequately either through a warning, ban or if Management sees it appropriate, something harsher.

You see a higher ranking staff member abuse their powers. What do you do?:

I would speak to them about it first, pointing out that they're abusing and try to handle the situation privately as to not immediately take it higher up and turn it into a major staff issue. If they acknowledged their mistake and discontinued their behavior, I would drop the situation unless more reports were given on the staff member abusing their power. If they were to ignore me and shrug me off, and they are genuinely abusing I would take any evidence I could get (Screenshots, logs etc), put together a report and take it to Management privately, letting them deal with it.

Someone threatens to DDOS the server. what do you do?:

I would take it to a higher staff member as this isn't my within jurisdiction. I would do what I can but as a Trial Moderator, I wouldn't be able to ban the person straight away, and warning them may escalate the situation and cause them to actually make good on their threat to DDoS the Server rather than just threatening to do so. I would gather any evidence I could, their steam ID and history of warns/bans on the server and immediately take the situation to a high ranking staff member (preferably a super admin+). I would let Management make an executive decision in regards to the situation, as being a Trial Moderator it's not within my jurisdiction to choose who is permanently banned or not banned.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Things you can and cannot do/rules:
1. You may bump your application every 7 days after the last bump/post by a user (1 week)

2. Any user may provide feedback by +1 and or -1 your application along with constructive criticism/feedback as long as it's not personally attacking the applicant or another member of the community.
3. Advertising your application in OOC, chat box, personally telling people and any sort of social media will lead to your application being denied for minimum 3 weeks.
4. Failing to answer questions can lead to your app being denied.
5. False information can lead to your application being denied.
6. Failing to meet the requirements can lead to either your app being put on hold or denied.
7. 5 or more warnings and your application will be denied immediately.

8. Must have at least 1 week on the server before applying.
9. Must have less than 2 bans to apply (Depending on the situation).
10. You may not increase the font size of the application above size 14 except the title which may be size 24.
11. Please be considerate of others when using colours in your application, all answers must be left in white.
12. Remember that your application is a reflection of yourself, your professionalism and maturity. Not showing professionalism and maturity in your application will lead to it being denied.
13. If your application is denied you may not apply for Trial Moderator for 2 weeks minimum.

Terms
I accept that I am a representative of Imperial Gaming, and that I have been given these powers to make the experience of others better. I understand that advertising my application can get it denied. I accept that I may be demoted at any time by a senior member of staff without prior warning, as long as a valid reason is given. I have read all the rules and understand them completely, if not I will ask a higher staff member for a better explanation.

• Upvote 1

+1, Your application is well formatted, easy to read and has little to no grammar mistakes. You have answered all the questions fully with great detail. You are a nice person, great to talk to and very friendly. A good suit for Trial Moderator. Good luck.

Edited by Wombatiacus
  • Like 1
Just now, Wombatiacus said:

+1, Your application is well formatted, easy to read and has little to no grammar mistakes. You have answered all the questions fully with great detail. You are a nice person, great to talk to and very friendly. Good luck.

+1

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Wombatiacus said:

+1, Your application is well formatted, easy to read and has little to no grammar mistakes. You have answered all the questions fully with great detail. You are a nice person, great to talk to and very friendly. A good suit for Trial Moderator. Good luck.

+1

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Wombatiacus said:

+1

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Wombatiacus said:

+1. I supported Jye's application the first time around and will do again as he is a dedicated and active member of the community. My only concern is that you have been quite aggressive in recent times from what I've heard so maybe just be careful on what you say in-game.

You've been deserving of a chance at a t-mod position for a while now so best of luck.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Born said:

+1

• Active
  • Known in the Community
  • Well Formatted Application
  • Lot of Detail in Application
  • Trustworthy

Could not recommend a better bloke for the position +1

Good Luck!

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, Rivers said:

+1. I supported Jye's application the first time around and will do again as he is a dedicated and active member of the community. My only concern is that you have been quite aggressive in recent times from what I've heard so maybe just be careful on what you say in-game.

You've been deserving of a chance at a t-mod position for a while now so best of luck.

+1

May seem bias since he's one of my best mates, but I know he'd be an absolute champion of a T-Mod and can go far within the Staff Team.

• Upvote 2

HUGE +1

Jye was one of if not the friendliest person to me when I just started out. Him and all the other Chimaera Squad fellas made me wanna get on to play gmod. All those guys now either have left the server or are in staff positions for the right reasons. Jye is no different, he's one of the nicest out there and insanely deserving as a chance at a T-Mod. Hope you get it Jye!

• Like 1

+1

• Active
  • Well known
  • Application is both well formatted and contains a good amount of information
  • Trustworthy
  • Mature
  • Had several recent interactions with Jye that have been pleasant and have demonstrated his capabilities and potential to be a good moderator within the server.

Good Luck,

Sully

• Like 1

Massive +1 for this sexy beast who has consistently contributed positive RP to the server for a long time now.  Every interaction I have had with Jye has given me confidence in his ability to carry out his tmod duties with care, good judgement and without bias.

• Like 1
19 hours ago, Sully said:

+1

• Active
  • Well known
  • Application is both well formatted and contains a good amount of information
  • Trustworthy
  • Mature
  • Had several recent interactions with Jye that have been pleasant and have demonstrated his capabilities and potential to be a good moderator within the server.

Good Luck,

Sully

+1 

• Like 1

watched him in a staff sit with sterling and sully, handled his side of the situation badly and got pissy over very little, as if my opinion is going to affect anything anyway

EDIT: for more detail - throughout a staff sit that jye called because of a shooting/stabbing mishap with sterling and dirthi, sterling was acting as if he did not want to be there and how it would be normal to act when you are being accused by someone of something you did not do, and jye took his own feelings into account and turned it into a sit all about him and how he didn't like how sterling wasn't jumping for joy that he was being accused of something he didn't do.

it is really not important what the sit was originally about, the important information is that jye sucked up all the attention and turned the situation to be about him. when moderating it is important to keep your feelings out of a situation, and in this situation jye most definitely did not do so. 

so,

Edited by Mord
  • Like 1
  • Thinking 1
  • Downvote 2
1 hour ago, Mord said:

watched him in a staff sit with sterling and sully, handled his side of the situation badly and got pissy over very little, as if my opinion is going to affect anything anyway

EDIT: for more detail - throughout a staff sit that jye called because of a shooting/stabbing mishap with sterling and dirthi, sterling was acting as if he did not want to be there and how it would be normal to act when you are being accused by someone of something you did not do, and jye took his own feelings into account and turned it into a sit all about him and how he didn't like how sterling wasn't jumping for joy that he was being accused of something he didn't do.

it is really not important what the sit was originally about, the important information is that jye sucked up all the attention and turned the situation to be about him. when moderating it is important to keep your feelings out of a situation, and in this situation jye most definitely did not do so. 

so,

Spoiler

I respect your opinion on the matter, and if you would happen to have video recording of the sit I'd appreciate you sharing it. Excluding the fact that you weren't present for the majority of/entire sit in any way, in that situation I admittedly did get frustrated for the fact that throughout the sit Sterling would dismiss any comment I made about the situation with extremely condescending responses, majority of which went along the lines of "alright buddy", "okay sure bud" or "So I did (insert situation here)? Right, sure mate whatever you say". The majority of the sit was me explaining how I had handled the situation by the book, that it was a false AOS and I was merely defending myself. I called for one of the witnesses of the incident to come and explain (being Loki from MT), I repeatedly said exactly what had happened (which matched up perfectly with the video evidence submitted by Sterling, and the statements Dirthi himself made) and how I shouldn't have been there in the first place. The other party, being Sterling, resorted to complaining about how I was whining and trying to pull "in character situations OOC" to get out of punishment. He admonished me for turning a false AOS into an admin sit (which is the correct course of action) and refused to treat me with any modicum of respect at my request. His statements and replies regarding the situation would always end with a mocking remark about my statements, whereas mine regarded the situation itself. 

The second half of the sit revolved around Sully telling us to let it go, and me stating I believed I deserved an apology from Sterling for his attitude and behavior. He refused, multiple times, saying  "He just wanted to get off the server, not sit here for 40 minutes because Jye couldn't handle a brig sentence", showing he wasn't open to remaining neutral and had a personal issue with how I had handled the situation by calling for a sit (even if he didn't want to be there, I didn't either. I still didn't resort to replying in a derogatory manner). He continued to act towards me disrespectfully and in a condescending manner, and refused to adhere to my statements. The reason the second half of the sit may have come off as it being "all about me" is because I was asking him for an apology, stating that I'd pursue the situation in character if necessary because I didn't like how he was acting towards me. He spoke dismissively towards me for the remainder of the sit, and quite literally walked back to myself and Sully when we were talking about a different issue, personally insulting how I was "crying" about the situation, then left.

Sully himself, being the Moderator who handled the sit, explained to Sterling the reason I was asking for an apology wasn't because of the time wasted (although that contributed to both of us having slightly irate attitudes at the time) but because of his attitude towards me during the time we were there. I never once mocked nor personally insulted Sterling, yet the entire sit he would twist my words, reply to me in a condescending, sarcastic and derogatory manner, or simply ignore me. The closest I got to bringing my feelings into the situation was saying "This isn't about the situation, that's been sorted. This is about me asking for an apology from Sterling because to be honest, you've been a bit of a dick towards me the entire sit and have been disrespecting me constantly." I would post the sit here in a link, but unfortunately Sterling didn't happen to record that, as he stopped just before the sit began because he had to upload the clip (unfortunately, he said that had stopped him from recording any of it even though that happened a good 20 minutes in).

TL;DR - The situation wasn't about me, nor did I make it so. The situation was handled. The part of the sit that you're talking about me taking personally is the end, of which had nothing to do with the scenario Dirthi and myself were involved in as that issue had been sorted, but had everything to do with Sterling's condescending attitude towards me. Admittedly I was upset as I wasn't being treated as an equal member of the community, as anyone would like to be. I didn't once speak to Sterling in the same tone nor manner that he spoke to me, nor did I shut down any of his statements or replies with a degrading response based on personal contempt. The only statements I made throughout the sit regarded the situation at hand, and Sterling's attitude. I personally think that when I'm spoken in such a way for 30-40 minutes straight, I have the right to ask for an apology, of which I did not receive one. (I also did not pursue this in character or out of character, and dropped the issue immediately after. I never mentioned it again.) Regarding the outcome of the sit, the Moderator agreed I was in the right. After the video evidence was submitted, and the Moderator freed me from my restraints, I never spoke of the in character situation again.

Your response is still noted @Mord, and I appreciate the feedback.

Edited by Jye
Hid most of the response under a spoiler tag as it takes up a large portion of the page, and is relevant only to explain the situation Mord mentioned, not my moderator app itself, as to avoid discrediting my character.
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 2
1 hour ago, Jye said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I respect your opinion on the matter, and if you would happen to have video recording of the sit I'd appreciate you sharing it. Excluding the fact that you weren't present for the majority of/entire sit in any way, in that situation I admittedly did get frustrated for the fact that throughout the sit Sterling would dismiss any comment I made about the situation with extremely condescending responses, majority of which went along the lines of "alright buddy", "okay sure bud" or "So I did (insert situation here)? Right, sure mate whatever you say". The majority of the sit was me explaining how I had handled the situation by the book, that it was a false AOS and I was merely defending myself. I called for one of the witnesses of the incident to come and explain (being Loki from MT), I repeatedly said exactly what had happened (which matched up perfectly with the video evidence submitted by Sterling, and the statements Dirthi himself made) and how I shouldn't have been there in the first place. The other party, being Sterling, resorted to complaining about how I was whining and trying to pull "in character situations OOC" to get out of punishment. He admonished me for turning a false AOS into an admin sit (which is the correct course of action) and refused to treat me with any modicum of respect at my request. His statements and replies regarding the situation would always end with a mocking remark about my statements, whereas mine regarded the situation itself. 

The second half of the sit revolved around Sully telling us to let it go, and me stating I believed I deserved an apology from Sterling for his attitude and behavior. He refused, multiple times, saying  "He just wanted to get off the server, not sit here for 40 minutes because Jye couldn't handle a brig sentence", showing he wasn't open to remaining neutral and had a personal issue with how I had handled the situation by calling for a sit (even if he didn't want to be there, I didn't either. I still didn't resort to replying in a derogatory manner). He continued to act towards me disrespectfully and in a condescending manner, and refused to adhere to my statements. The reason the second half of the sit may have come off as it being "all about me" is because I was asking him for an apology, stating that I'd pursue the situation in character if necessary because I didn't like how he was acting towards me. He spoke dismissively towards me for the remainder of the sit, and quite literally walked back to myself and Sully when we were talking about a different issue, personally insulting how I was "crying" about the situation, then left.

Sully himself, being the Moderator who handled the sit, explained to Sterling the reason I was asking for an apology wasn't because of the time wasted (although that contributed to both of us having slightly irate attitudes at the time) but because of his attitude towards me during the time we were there. I never once mocked nor personally insulted Sterling, yet the entire sit he would twist my words, reply to me in a condescending, sarcastic and derogatory manner, or simply ignore me. The closest I got to bringing my feelings into the situation was saying "This isn't about the situation, that's been sorted. This is about me asking for an apology from Sterling because to be honest, you've been a bit of a dick towards me the entire sit and have been disrespecting me constantly." I would post the sit here in a link, but unfortunately Sterling didn't happen to record that, as he stopped just before the sit began because he had to upload the clip (unfortunately, he said that had stopped him from recording any of it even though that happened a good 20 minutes in).

TL;DR - The situation wasn't about me, nor did I make it so. The situation was handled. The part of the sit that you're talking about me taking personally is the end, of which had nothing to do with the scenario Dirthi and myself were involved in as that issue had been sorted, but had everything to do with Sterling's condescending attitude towards me. Admittedly I was upset as I wasn't being treated as an equal member of the community, as anyone would like to be. I didn't once speak to Sterling in the same tone nor manner that he spoke to me, nor did I shut down any of his statements or replies with a degrading response based on personal contempt. The only statements I made throughout the sit regarded the situation at hand, and Sterling's attitude. I personally think that when I'm spoken in such a way for 30-40 minutes straight, I have the right to ask for an apology, of which I did not receive one. (I also did not pursue this in character or out of character, and dropped the issue immediately after. I never mentioned it again.) Regarding the outcome of the sit, the Moderator agreed I was in the right. After the video evidence was submitted, and the Moderator freed me from my restraints, I never spoke of the in character situation again.

Your response is still noted @Mord, and I appreciate the feedback.

I feel as though this is unfair on Jye, as he was being accused of things that didn't have to matter. It got more personal towards the end of the sit when we worked through everything, and there was still tension in the air around it, but it felt more of an out of character sit. Jye managed to keep his cool through it all however, and I'm still sorry about how something I did, managed to spiral that much out of control @Jye.

• Sad 1
9 minutes ago, Dirthi said:

I feel as though this is unfair on Jye, as he was being accused of things that didn't have to matter. It got more personal towards the end of the sit when we worked through everything, and there was still tension in the air around it, but it felt more of an out of character sit. Jye managed to keep his cool through it all however, and I'm still sorry about how something I did, managed to spiral that much out of control @Jye.

It was handled, I see no need for it to resurface. We both messed around and it turned into something it shouldn't have, and as I and Im sure everyone else would see it, you've got nothing to apologize for Dirthi.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • zaspan locked this topic