Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sky

PAC3 & Donations

I have noticed that other communities allow people to donate for PAC3 - Now I understand how some people's kneejerk reaction to such a thing being implemented here may be, however, I would like to point out a couple of things. Firstly, more reasons for people to donate is always a positive thing for any server wishing to last for a long while, secondly it would help the people who are inept at making PAC3 models and thus giving them a way to join in, thirdly we could have some sort of 'Basic PAC3' sort of ruling or tier that is below Tier 1, and finally the most important thing, if it is purchasable simply put a caveat to the donation stating that if they break any of the PAC3 rules by abusing it or making it not lore friendly, or what have you, that the donation perk will be revoked. 

Thoughts? I'll be honest, I am inept at using PAC3 but there are so many models/outfits that other people have made that I would love to use - Plus there are tonnes of people in the community that help one another. I do genuinely look forward to seeing people's opinions on this.

• Downvote 1

Having PAC3 as a donatable function is not a good idea, there are many ways in which PAC can be abused and additionally the more people using PAC on the server the more it will effect peoples FPS as they will have to load in each users PAC creation when nearby. I feel as if the current method for obtaining PAC (via application) is best for the server as a whole, I can see where you are coming from in terms of allowing more users to enhance their RP whilst creating additional revenue for the server but as an overall concept I do not see this working nor do i see this being implemented by the Management team.

Regards,

Sully

• Upvote 1

HUGE -1

You can crash a server in about 5 clicks with tier 1. This would just be a gateway for minges. 

I’m all for helping people learn how to use PAC3. That can be done off of the IG servers. I don’t see any reason as to why we should make it donatable as it just makes it possible for minges with fat wallets to abuse it.

Edited by Helsing
  • Upvote 1

The applications are there for a reason, No this is a bad idea, maybe if you were a server desperate for money but a server as big as IG you wont want minges messing around with pac and crashing the server. 

5 hours ago, Sully said:

Having PAC3 as a donatable function is not a good idea, there are many ways in which PAC can be abused and additionally the more people using PAC on the server the more it will effect peoples FPS as they will have to load in each users PAC creation when nearby. I feel as if the current method for obtaining PAC (via application) is best for the server as a whole, I can see where you are coming from in terms of allowing more users to enhance their RP whilst creating additional revenue for the server but as an overall concept I do not see this working nor do i see this being implemented by the Management team.

Regards,

Sully

That is a big bad 

5 hours ago, Ragetank said:

HUGE -1

You can crash a server in about 5 clicks with tier 1. This would just be a gateway for minges. 

Yeah, colossal -1 to this

35 minutes ago, Mongo said:

The applications are there for a reason, No this is a bad idea, maybe if you were a server desperate for money but a server as big as IG you wont want minges messing around with pac and crashing the server. 

6 hours ago, Sully said:

Regards,

Sully

This is accurate, if people want Pac3 they should learn how to use it, it’s not something that people get to have by throwing money at the Server.

Just my thoughts, if you want something, learn it.

6 hours ago, Sully said:

Regards,

Sully

^^^

7 hours ago, Sully said:

Regards,

Sully

In a perfect world I'd love everyone to have PAC3 but unfortunately as stated it can be easily exploited which is why it is only given to trusted members of the community. Gonna have to leave a -1

14 minutes ago, Rivers said:

In a perfect world I'd love everyone to have PAC3 but unfortunately as stated it can be easily exploited which is why it is only given to trusted members of the community. Gonna have to leave a -1

Imagine the frames, oh my lord. My frames already dip when I used to walk past DT dude.

• Tongue 1

10 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Imagine the frames, oh my lord. My frames already dip when I used to walk past DT dude.

*cough* @Ragetank *cough*

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Boris said:

This ain't Icefuse where legit breathing costs money

Das tuff.

But yeah, pac should be trust based.

I think the reason that this is brought up now and in the past is because it is such a process to get accepted there really isn't any point when there's so many applications up. The applications take a long, unreasonable amount of time to be accepted given there's actually a "spot" for someone to go into. Are there any lag figures on the amount of people that have PAC (other than "omg i looked at someone with pac and my fps went down!") ? What are the reasons for limiting it to such a boys club? Pac_Enable 0?

Also the server crashes anyway, so won't it be beneficial to get $50-$100 every time someone pays to crash it? Cant you use a mouse macro to spam bodygrouper and crash it anyway? Icefuse had this problem last month, thank your lucky stars nobody has figured it out on here.

Granted, i don't fully support this, but i absolutely HATE how the PAC application system works at the moment.

Expect to see the next edition of "Change My Mind" on this topic tonight.

Edit: I am not totally shitting on the current system - i personally don’t like it - but it’s worked until now so there you go. I’m just saying it’s a bit stale and might do good with some changes.

Edited by Mord
  • Like 1
  • Thinking 1
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Ragetank said:

HUGE -1

Seen this happen before. So -1  from me as it is way to easy to do.

Mega -1, adds more pay-to-win thats in a lot of servers, also, as many people have said, could crash the server in 5 clicks

11 hours ago, Ragetank said:

HUGE -1

The topic of PAC gives Ragetank PTSD. Don't worry about him ; )

• Haha 5
  • Angry 1

9 minutes ago, Chopz said:

The topic of PAC gives Ragetank PTSD. Don't worry about him ; )

giphy.gif.45423a204b93d6949bd1a2658b3ad756.gif

Edited by Ragetank
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, Bailey said:

This is accurate, if people want Pac3 they should learn how to use it, it’s not something that people get to have by throwing money at the Server.

Just my thoughts, if you want something, learn it.

Agreed -1. Make server lag crazy.

2 hours ago, Mord said:

I think the reason that this is brought up now and in the past is because it is such a process to get accepted there really isn't any point when there's so many applications up. The applications take a long, unreasonable amount of time to be accepted given there's actually a "spot" for someone to go into. Are there any lag figures on the amount of people that have PAC (other than "omg i looked at someone with pac and my fps went down!") ? What are the reasons for limiting it to such a boys club? Pac_Enable 0?

Also the server crashes anyway, so won't it be beneficial to get $50-$100 every time someone pays to crash it? Cant you use a mouse macro to spam bodygrouper and crash it anyway? Icefuse had this problem last month, thank your lucky stars nobody has figured it out on here.

Granted, i don't fully support this, but i absolutely HATE how the PAC application system works at the moment.

Expect to see the next edition of "Change My Mind" on this topic tonight.

It IS a mission to get PAC, but that's not necessarily a bad thing.  The fact there are such a large number of applications, and a long wait for acceptance, means that people who get PAC have had to dedicate themselves to achieve it.  If there are people who don't see a point to applying because of the difficulty of the process, it's just weeding out people who are less deserving of PAC than those who will try their best despite the challenge, imo.  If you want it bad enough you get it eventually.  Took more than a quarter of a year for my app to get accepted despite not having a single -1 on it, so it would be disappointing to then see people shortcutting the process just by paying money and getting PAC straight away. 

• Upvote 1

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.