Twenty-four.

Steam ID:

STEAM_0:0:32575552.

In Game Name and Rank:

Colonel [SB-01] “Sky”.

Time Played:

Screenshot.

Have you had any warns and/or bans:

Due to a misunderstanding, I was given a warning that was later removed from my record after having a short discussion with a member of the Admin team. Otherwise, I have no registered warns or bans from any gmod server and I plan to keep it that way.

Have you been event master on any other servers:

Never on a gmod server as this is the first actual community that I have joined, however, I have been it’s equivalent within other communities that are hosted on different platforms. There have been three minecraft servers where I served in the capacity of an Event Master, two of them was me acting as repurposed Dungeon Master for D&D but through the platform of minecraft but one I was the Director of the Event Team on a medieval fantasy role-play server (Duck from the 442nd assisted me as my second). I have also been a Storyteller in a forum role-play environment where I acted as the multitude of NPCs and the likes, allowing for a better experience within the site.

Why are you applying to be an event master:

My work allows me to be at my computer all day throughout the week and as such I am given a lot of time to work with, where I come up with event ideas and pose them to current Event Masters to host, even before I started doing such I would join the events as an Event Character and put my all into giving the best experience I can to those within the server. I also have a large passion for creating scenarios through events which immerse the players and allows them to get much more enjoyment from being online because I put a high amount of value in the role-play emersion that I put into my day-to-day running of my regiment. Role-play is something that I thoroughly love and enjoy.

What can you bring to the event master team:

A multitude of things, such as the amount of time that I am able to invest in such a position due to my real life situation as a starter. My knowledge on Star Wars lore allows me to keep my mind flowing with ideas that not only are enjoyable but do not ruin either the timeline or the immersive feeling we are trying to create. My experience as someone who has in the past not only lead a team of Event Team members but also put in hundreds of hours with hosting large scale events, at times solo running events which hosted over a hundred active players participating. My attitude and personality are things that I believe pulls me to do better and thrive, I am a very honest individual, I am very loyal and I am incredibly driven, three attributes that I believe would make me an asset to the team.

What can you do to make events more enjoyable and innovative:

Analyze what makes an event enjoyed by the populace and mould large event lines which are able to hit as many of those outspoken points at large, however, there are three key pieces of criteria that I wholeheartedly believe makes an event truly a worthwhile event. Firstly and most importantly in my eyes, it needs to be interactive by those participating - What do I mean by this? Quite simply, give those who aren’t acting something to do and make sure that it’s an open decision where they can approach it from whatever angle they want, now this isn’t to say all angles are correct but give them their way to attack something. Secondly, the pieces within the event need to make sense in the eyes of lore and allow those participating in the ability to be immersed - How can you do this? A more simple approach is to avoid everything that doesn’t make sense, as an example if a character is dead or simply non-existent during this time, then do not have the character walking around as one of the crew. Finally, the event needs to be completely and utterly dynamic and able to bend to the twists the participants will throw at it - Why is this important? Think back to when you were a player participating in an event, then ask yourself which would you prefer, to be able to have some sort of impact on the event or to experience a glorified amusement ride where all you really contributed to the event was keeping your hands within the vehicle and watched as things happened around you.

Do you have basic knowledge of ulx commands:
Thanks to the lovely staff team that the community has, I have been given a short cheat sheet of sorts that detail the basic commands, what they do and when you would be using them, however, I will say that whilst this information is very important I am very enthusiastic about learning more and if the command list I currently have is not enough that I need to learn, then I am more than happy to read the appropriate resources to gather the knowledge needed.

Anything else you would like to add:

As some of you may or may not know I had a Moderator Application up prior to this and I have already been asked about it, so I want to make it known that my reasoning behind having it denied and so shortly after putting this application up was due to myself coming to the conclusion that the server already has a very good bunch of Moderators and Admins, as well as that my passion lays with being part of the events handled on the server. If accepted this is a position that I would put my all into and remain within for as long as management believe me to deserve it, and I do hope that I am given a chance, thank you for reading my application and I look forward to reading your feedback.

Event Idea One:

The Mandalorian Splinter.

Event Idea Two:

Government Shutdown.

Event Idea Three:

Ambitious Pirates.

Terms of applying:

1. You may bump your application every 7 days after the last bump/post (1 week).

2. Any user may provide feedback by +1 and or -1 your application.

3. Advertising your application in OOC, chat box, personally telling people and any sort of social media will lead to your application deny.

4. Failing to answer questions can lead to your app being denied.

5. False information can lead to your application being denied.

6. Failing to meet the requirements can lead to either your app being put on hold or denied.

7. Must have more than 3 days on the server.

8. To Clarify, you do NOT need to know the basic ULX commands however we prefer you learn before being accepted.

9. Asking for help from staff and/or past staff members will result in your application being denied, to avoid this you may look over accepted event apps to use as inspiration but not copied.

Agreement:

I accept that I am a representative of Imperial Gaming, and that I have been given these powers to make the experience of others better. I understand that advertising my application can get it denied. I accept that I may be demoted at any time by a senior member of staff without prior warning, as long as a valid reason is given. I have read all the rules and understand them completely, if not I will ask a higher staff member for a better explanation.

Edited by Sky
  • Upvote 2

+1 

Although I haven't played imperial rp in a while, I've seen you on the forums a lot, you seem like a good guy, events seem kinda short but good.

also

Spoiler

1,width=650,height=650,appearanceId=1,ve

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Shepard said:

events seem kinda short but good

I would like to touch on this because I forgot to mention the reasonings, basically when I planned events (whether it be on the Minecraft server, or in a tabletop setting) I do skeleton writings - Mostly because if I put more detail into every step by step mentally I become more inclined to push an agenda of the event, thus creating a rail-roaded event and that is something I personally distaste when being a regular member of the event, let alone as the Event Master during - However, I am inclined to put much more detail into scenarios that require them when I have other members who are helping me and need to know my thought process.

I hope this explains why they are written short but have a lot of backgrounds. 

+1

1 hour ago, Shepard said:

+1 

Although I haven't played imperial rp in a while, I've seen you on the forums a lot, you seem like a good guy, events seem kinda short but good.

also

Reveal hidden contents

• Like 1

+1

Mature, Active, Responsible, Trustworthy, and an all round great person. Known Sky since he first started playing Imperial, know he wouldn't abuse his power and would do excellently on the EM Team.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Luigi said:

+1

Mature, Active, Responsible, Trustworthy, and an all round great person. Known Sky since he first started playing Imperial, know he wouldn't abuse his power and would do excellently on the EM Team.

+1

• Like 1

A HUGE +1 Very cool Mature, Active, Responsible, Trustworthy and an absolute great leader 

LOVES his star wars books meaning he knows a lot of law MEANING cool event ideas.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Shepard said:

+1 

also

Reveal hidden contents

Agreed

with both Statements 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Luigi said:

+1

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Shepard said:

+1 

also

Reveal hidden contents

+1

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Luigi said:

+1

Absolutely Legend +1, Good luck.

• Like 1

answers are straight to the point. they arent really that indepth but overall its a pretty good app

im going to leave a +1 due to you being very nice and i have had nothing but good interactions with you

• Like 1

Hi Sky, I'm going to give you a Neutral/Leaning to +1 because

• You're a well-known member of the Imperial community with a good reputation
  • Your events are good with a good backstory to them
  • But Some questions in your application lack detail
  • I know you can do a bit better in your application

Best of luck,

Carswell

• Like 1

Updated rank and time, as well as ...

On 3/25/2019 at 11:27 PM, Carswell said:

But Some questions in your application lack detail

I added much more details and I hope it is to your liking.