Stormtrooper Corps

Ban Details

Screenshot_9.png.e9c57c5bf3a2513a671f883f73fa3616.png

How long was the ban for:

Permanent

Which staff member banned you:

Management Decision

What date did the ban occur:

Six or seven months ago, I'm not entirely sure.

What was the reason for the ban:

Cheating

Explain the situation in detail which led to you being banned:

As some of you may know, I've had a long history with/on this server. Throughout the last two years, I've been many things both in roleplay and out of it, whether it be a staff member, user, donator and so forth. I can say for sure I've enjoyed almost all my time on Imperial Gaming, though my late actions show otherwise. I want to say that I first connected to the server with scripts near the end of Empire Gaming's first server, I joined the Death Troopers under Trigon as the DT CMDR and Lincoln as Director Krennic. I spent some time in this role (2 weeks?), my activity was off and on. I used everything from aimbot, ESP, b-hops and the ability to see admin commands somehow (didn't actually know that was a thing until later). None of which I tried to hide and was quite blatant with at the time. I eventually made it to MSGT in Death Troopers, soon after I was pulled into a management meeting (Wolf, Whitey, Ridge, Moose, and Guskywalker) where I was confronted about cheating on the server. I came clean to Wolf and admitted what types of cheats I was and was not using. After the meeting, I was banned from Teamspeak and I assume the Garry's Mod server upon the management's decision. During the next six to seven months I stayed quiet amongst the Star Wars RP community and took a needed break from the game. As of today, I logged onto the server expecting to be greeted by a ban message but instead, I successfully logged onto the server somehow. I spoke to @Shields about what the situation was and asked him to contact someone who could reach a member of management to see if this was purposeful or not. I was told it was accidental and I was meant to stay banned but I was given the opportunity to appeal by @Born and/or the management team.

Why do you believe you deserve to be unbanned/given a second chance

There's no excuse or reason that could justify or rationalize what I did. I understand I broke the server's rules, so the best I will try to do is explain what went through my mind at the time. 

During the time where I was cheating on the server, I had become bored and frustrated with playing Garry's Mod as a whole. Because of this, I ended up taking it out on the server and some of its players. Because of my decision to minge around with my cheats without thinking of others, I may have ruined the experience for other people, and because of my actions, the community rightfully removed and banished me.

These past 6-7 months away from Garry's Mod, I have learned that it wasn't the game I was frustrated with, but the number of hours that I was devoting to it. But that doesn't excuse my actions.  I know and understand why the rules are in place. I understand many players in this community may shun, reject or even hate me for what I did, which they have every right to do so. I disrespected the rules and players of this community by breaking them for my own personal gain.  Please understand that I did not use these cheats maliciously as other users in the past have done. I did not use these to try to crash the server at any time. I have also been truthful with @Shields and the management team in my limited time on the server earlier, and that when I was interviewed, I didn't attempt to lie or sugar coat what I did. I wish to come back to this community through the correct procedures, not because of me being accidentally unbanned and then being accused in the future of evading my ban.
I understand that an immediate unban may look like a bad idea to some staff, so can I ask if I cannot return immediately to the community than to consider invoking a temporary 1x - 3x month ban instead? I do wish to return to playing with the community and return to see old friends online.

Finally, I'm going to end this off by apologizing to the community for all the negativity I have brought upon everybody and to the management team for blatantly disrespecting the rules they set in place for all players. If you have any questions about what I have posted, message me directly or post it down below. 

Thank you for reading.

Edited by Hisoka
  • Sad 1
  • Downvote 7
  • Upvote 3

A reminder for all those curious, he was not banned today even though it said it, he was just re-banned in order for it to go through on the GBan system.

• Upvote 1

I’m going to leave a very hesitant +1 on this application as I have no personal bias towards you and therefore have no past experiences with you.

Your apology seems genuine and it’s a testament to your character that you confirmed your ban was still active rather than coming back without authorisation. Would like to hear from those who banned your originally to gain additional perspective on the situation.

Note that my opinion is subject to change as I’ve never interacted with you personally and don’t have the full knowledge of your past.

Edited by Rivers

Alright so i'm going to leave a +1 I remember you and you seemed perfectly fine on the server i wasn't on when all this went down but this seems like a very genuine appology towards both the staff and the community as a whole and i appreciate that you decided to go through with the proper procedure rather than trying to hide who you are and what you've done so i say either unban or put on a trial period which i'm sure you will be able to do the right thing, best of luck.

+1

You were a good guy. You have a very genuine apology and you are very honest. I think you are ready to return to IG. What you did was wrong, and you shouldn't have done it. But I think you have learned from it.

35 minutes ago, Denzham said:

Alright so i'm going to leave a +1 I remember you and you seemed perfectly fine on the server i wasn't on when all this went down but this seems like a very genuine appology towards both the staff and the community as a whole and i appreciate that you decided to go through with the proper procedure rather than trying to hide who you are and what you've done so i say either unban or put on a trial period which i'm sure you will be able to do the right thing, best of luck.

+1 Known you for a while Hisoka and do think that you deserve a second chance. Most of the stuff said above is what I have also seen back in 2017-2018.  Good luck.

+1

• Have had interactions with you in the past and for the most part you were a good player and community member
  • Apology seems genuine
  • You have taken responsibility for what you have done and even checked today about your ban rather than rejoining without authorisation.
  • Opinion subject to change based around statements made by people who were involved with the initial ban

Regards,

Sully

1 hour ago, Fox said:

+1

You were a good guy. You have a very genuine apology and you are very honest. I think you are ready to return to IG. What you did was wrong, and you shouldn't have done it. But I think you have learned from it.

+1

I don't remember much of you hisoka but from what everyone is saying here you seem like a good dude ready to come back 

2 hours ago, Rivers said:

I’m going to leave a very hesitant +1 on this application as I have no personal bias towards you and therefore have no past experiences with you.

Your apology seems genuine and it’s a testament to your character that you confirmed your ban was still active rather than coming back without authorisation. Would like to hear from those who banned your originally to gain additional perspective on the situation.

Note that my opinion is subject to change as I’ve never interacted with you personally and don’t have the full knowledge of your past.

+1

7 hours ago, Sully said:

+1

• Have had interactions with you in the past and for the most part you were a good player and community member
  • Apology seems genuine
  • You have taken responsibility for what you have done and even checked today about your ban rather than rejoining without authorisation.
  • Opinion subject to change based around statements made by people who were involved with the initial ban

Regards,

Sully

+1

23 hours ago, Denzham said:

Agreed. +1 for trial period

On 3/22/2019 at 11:08 PM, Denzham said:

+1 for trial period

• Advisor

+1.

• Genuine apology.
  • Arguably less critical than a ban for something such as doxxing, racism etc. as it shows a mistake vs fundamental personality issue.
  • Open and honest regarding ban status and mistakes

Would like to see him return, yet I don't know anything about him. Opinion subject to change if I'm proved wrong.

• Facepalm 1
  • Advisor

-1 - Once a cheater always a cheater. You also failed to mention the fact that your cheats were undetectable and that you had the ability to see super admin commands. If management had not put you on the spot after they had initially caught you via screenshot on your steam profile, would you have admitted to cheating at all? Regardless, I personally would not you back in the community. 

• Upvote 7
42 minutes ago, zaspan said:

You also failed to mention the fact that your cheats were undetectable.

I do see where you're coming from but I don't think being detectable would be a very good marketing claim for the owners/creators of the cheat, it's kinda the point to be undetectable.

47 minutes ago, zaspan said:

that you had the ability to see super admin commands.

Personally, I wasn't even aware that I had this ability when I was using the cheat until much later. In fact, it was the same day I was confronted about it that I noticed.

51 minutes ago, zaspan said:

Regardless, I personally would not you back in the community. 

Either way, I'm not sure what else I can say to sway your opinion that I already haven't mentioned in the main portion of the appeal. So fair enough.

15 hours ago, zaspan said:

-1 - Once a cheater always a cheater. You also failed to mention the fact that your cheats were undetectable and that you had the ability to see super admin commands. If management had not put you on the spot after they had initially caught you via screenshot on your steam profile, would you have admitted to cheating at all? Regardless, I personally would not you back in the community. 

Big -`1

• Thinking 1
  • Upvote 2
On ‎3‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 8:10 PM, zaspan said:

Completely Agree with this, I doubt you would change considering you also have multiple Vac Bans on record and the most recent being 91 days ago

hishoka.thumb.PNG.a28873396e888fe01ffc963419613a7c.PNG

Considering the cheats are undetectable I would much rather you aren't let back into the community until they are detectable even on a trial period I don't  think  you would change.

If you couldn't already tell it's a -1 From me

• Upvote 5
On 3/22/2019 at 11:18 PM, Fox said:

+1

I agree +1

I'm going to sit on NEUTRAL towards a -1

• Your application was very detailed
  • You seem very genuine with you apology
  • I believe people can learn from their mistakes and better themselves
  • I'm a little concerned about you receiving a VAC around 91 days ago
  • I'm not impressed that you didn't specify that the cheats were undetectable

However, agreeing with @Mongo 

On 3/27/2019 at 2:11 PM, Mongo said:

Considering the cheats are undetectable I would much rather you aren't let back into the community until they are detectable 

Edited by Dwayne
  • Upvote 1
11 hours ago, Dwayne said:

I'm going to sit on NEUTRAL towards a -1

• Your application was very detailed
  • You seem very genuine with you apology
  • I believe people can learn from their mistakes and better themselves
  • I'm a little concerned about you receiving a VAC around 91 days ago
  • I'm not impressed that you didn't specify that the cheats were undetectable

However, agreeing with @Mongo 

Agreed NEUTRAL,  Towards -1

• Upvote 1

Jye and I were discussing the appeal today casually and I think I finally made my decision due to some points made by him.

Im gonna leave a +1 here as Hisoka's apology seems genuine, and he's a good guy. This happened a long time ago, and everyone deserves a second chance. 

Sidenote: Brass appealed for a ban a day after being caught using cheats/exploits on Gmod, and openly admitted to using aimbot/ESP/Bhops on the server. The ban was either reduced to a few weeks or removed altogether. Hisoka has been banned for months, and I believe this case to be similar in nature, and as such I believe the appeal should be handled in a similar manner.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 2
  • Upvote 8
21 hours ago, Bailey said:

Jye and I were discussing the appeal today casually and I think I finally made my decision due to some points made by him.

Im gonna leave a +1 here as Hisoka's apology seems genuine, and he's a good guy. This happened a long time ago, and everyone deserves a second chance. 

Sidenote: Brass appealed for a ban a day after being caught using cheats/exploits on Gmod, and openly admitted to using aimbot/ESP/Bhops on the server. The ban was either reduced to a few weeks or removed altogether. Hisoka has been banned for months, and I believe this case to be similar in nature, and as such I believe the appeal should be handled in a similar manner.

I agree with Bailey, if in fact a member of the community was found cheating, and received a considerably less ban time, there should be no reason to which Hisoka should not receive the same treatment. 

So for now you get a +1

• Facepalm 1