Sign in to follow this  
Sky

The Poses

Keep or Remove?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Keep or Remove?

• Keep the poses.
    • Remove the poses.

I know that the poses are quite funny to have and use, as well as makes a lot of situations much more immersive (IE. Commanders standing at ease, pointing at an individual, etc) but the positives are being heavily outweighed by the many people marching with their hands in the air, sieg heiling, and other things - I feel like I am going to be an unpopular opinion, or be called a buzzkill, this is simply my opinion on it and am more than happy to be shown that the community would rather keep them than anything. Hence why I put up a poll, thank you.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that they are a nuisance in the current hotbar location, spamming an entire category which makes having to quickly bring out thermals (for example) a massive pain.

Edited by Sky

The poses are great for people who don't have PAC, who want to enhance their RP.

They are a great addition, and I don't see a benefit in removing them.

Some are kinda weird but we should restrict surrender to like event characters for example. And maybe arms crossed to cl3+

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

The poses, in my opinion, are great could use some editing but great either way since anyone can use the poses for RP without needing PAC3. For example, the Surrender pose would be great for event characters to use during events where they have to surrender, it helps them because the person attacking them can see that they have their arms up in a surrendering fashion. This would prove most useful in long-range event character surrendering (rarely happens) since the event character obviously won't be able to communicate verbally they could communicate through the use of these poses. The area where they're located could be a problem but is easy to avoid. The problem I am having is not going straight left when I need something on the far right like my toolgun, I just go straight to the right and have to scroll through it all which can be quite annoying, but there is an easy fix and like I said above you need to scroll left. That is my opinion on the poses.

I like them, but I do think they can be abused, I don't think removing them is the answer. Maybe remove a few of the more obscure ones, such as the comms link ones, and leaving the point, the surrender and, crossed arms (front) and crossed arms (back) with everyone.

I say to stop minging with them 

Put them in the point shop and sell them for cheap 

This'll free inventory for people who don't want them 

And people who do want them can buy them 

Edited by Delta
  • Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Vanilla said:

Some are kinda weird but we should restrict surrender to like event characters for example. And maybe arms crossed to cl3+

+1

I like them, maybe not all are needed. I do believe some should be on the Pointshop

1 hour ago, Delta said:

2 hours ago, Vanilla said:

I like the combination of these.

I will address this with staff members as I have today especially seen users using these SWEP's in order to purposely deform their models, conduct racial acts or perform other glitches.

However I do not feel they need to be removed as a whole but some need to be adjusted for specific roles/ranks and some need to be removed.

Edited by Sully

I  believe that depending on rank or regiment than you should be allowed to use the poses.

I also believe that some should be removed entirely from certain regiments. E.G Shadow Guard / Royal Guard because some of the animations can break their models and ruining RP

15 hours ago, TomCos said:

I also believe that some should be removed entirely from certain regiments. E.G Shadow Guard / Royal Guard because some of the animations can break their models and ruining RP

That’s only if one is being used whilst they use the !swap function

I think, just like most things on the server, people can abuse them and it’s up to the players to respect the addition and use them only when appropriate in RP

• Upvote 1

Honestly you could just make it AOSable. If you see someone walking around waving their hands in the air, or "sieg heiling" which you could play off as twitching or (in a drastic case) a threatening gesture, you can contact medics and tell them they need to be examined, or have them sent to the brig under the premise of disorderly conduct. If people end up serving 5 minute sentences for minging with them, then Im pretty sure it'll kill the misuse of the SWEPs.

• Upvote 1

On 3/22/2019 at 7:38 PM, Delta said:

I really like this idea, simple but effective. Never thought of adding them to the point shop until now :) 

Minging with them in-game is obviously going to have both IC and OOC punishments.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Jye said:

Honestly you could just make it AOSable. If you see someone walking around waving their hands in the air, or "sieg heiling" which you could play off as twitching or (in a drastic case) a threatening gesture, you can contact medics and tell them they need to be examined, or have them sent to the brig under the premise of disorderly conduct. If people end up serving 5 minute sentences for minging with them, then Im pretty sure it'll kill the misuse of the SWEPs.

I have spoken to 501st about abusing SWEPs and I believe other Commanders/CL3 should do the same.

+1 for an arrestable offence tho.

Edited by Peter

On 3/22/2019 at 9:38 PM, Delta said:

7 hours ago, Jye said:

I believe both these gentleman are on to something

• Upvote 2

I just think if you see someone doing it, arrest them, they keep getting arrested, they get re-educated by ISB. @Tonberry and friends can have some fun and if they seriously keep it up after all that, just go through with warns, kicks and then bans.

Easy solution.

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Bailey said:

I just think if you see someone doing it, arrest them, they keep getting arrested, they get re-educated by ISB. @Tonberry and friends can have some fun and if they seriously keep it up after all that, just go through with warns, kicks and then bans.

Easy solution.

The issue with this is that the only thing you could, technically, aos them for is 'Disorderly Behaviour' as SWEP spam or SWEP abuse isn't a formal reason for an arrest. 

If you want my honest to god answer. Then I would get rid of them. People have been distorting their models with it without a care in the world. Yes, we could hand out warns and etc, etc though I haven't seen much RP situations involving the use of those SWEPs. I may seem in a wrong position saying that as an EM if I gotta be honest "No I haven't many RP situations with it". I'll try to incorporate it into my events.

-Mike
(Does this even make sense!?)

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this