Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ubermolen

Support & Heavy role balancing

Personally I would like to see a slight change in the two roles to allow the roles to have even value. Currently the support role is highly more important to any regiment than the Heavy, this is due to the capability of the supports role with the abilities to heal others, self heal, riot shield. The Heavy role brings bare minimum to the value of the regiment with slightly more health which you can purchase anyway and a weapon which is not particularly amazing. I am unsure a way to balance the roles however a start may be to give heavy the shield instead of support. I ran a vote on the server and much of the server thought the same (results below). This is only a suggestion, if you have your own ideas / thoughts to add feel free to do so. Not too sure who needs to see this so I hope this goes to the correct person. 

Thanks, Ubermolen

992682742_heavyvssupport.jpg.812b0c6602b692217cfe4d6933c41150.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

The only thing I think should change within the support role is removing the riot shield as supports normally are behind their fellow troopers who take all the fire in which then they get healed. That's how I see it. The Heavy role should stay as is since it already has a health boost and even if that gets demolished you would have a normal medic nearby to heal you. To sum it up Support role = No shield and Heavy role = No changes at all.

• Like 1

+1

Heavies are meant to tank damage for their regiment. Giving them the shield would help immensely.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kristofer said:

+1

Heavies are meant to tank damage for their regiment. Giving them the shield would help immensely.

9 minutes ago, Kristofer said:

+1

Agreed.

This would turn them into a juggernaut pretty much...you know...a heavy.

Had this thought for a while now, completely agree with this. Not only does it make sense, but for regiments (Such as JT) already have the RT-97C, so the only bonus from Heavy is the 100 health boost. Would make the heavy class, in my opinion, much more effective +1

• Like 1

+1

Fairly easy to implement and regiments always rush to getting their support trooper first over their heavy counterpart, demonstrating an imbalance between the two roles.

Moving the shield will help balance this gap as well as making the heavy role feel more unique and satisfying.

• Like 1

Tbh, I wouldn’t mind seeing this, maybe increase the supports hp as well? Like, +50? Cause medics are always targeted by ECs

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Kristofer said:

+1

Supports are meant to be protected 

Heavies are meant to be badass'

+1

4 hours ago, Cecil said:

+1

Fairly easy to implement and regiments always rush to getting their support trooper first over their heavy counterpart, demonstrating an imbalance between the two roles.

Moving the shield will help balance this gap as well as making the heavy role feel more unique and satisfying.

I agree with this.

Swapping the shield over to heavy instead of support makes so much more sense. +1

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Kristofer said:

+1

Give the heavy role the shield not support.

From an IHC standpoint, there has been an extreme lack of people sitting heavy tests lately, now this can be due to the fact there may already be heavy units within regiments, however for those that currently do not have the slot filled this would provide an incentive for that role to be taken. It does state within the test itself that heavy units CANNOT take the full brunt of damage for the regiment, so it would be fitting that the heavy unit obtained a shield to not only act upon this but also prevent any cases of damage soaking.

In saying that I will be +1 this purely for the shield to be given to the heavy, nothing more, nothing less

- Hammer

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

+1 heavies seem like they are just rlly weak. having a shield will make them seem more powerful.

On 3/5/2019 at 2:27 AM, Cecil said:

+1

+1

-1 for taking shield from support. While it doesn't really make sense as the first support class (at least for 212th not sure of whole server though) I found having a shield extremely useful as being a frontline battalion it didn't matter if I was in the back front or the middle I was getting aimed at anyway. The shield literally was the biggest part of the loadout for combat situations as I cant heal without cover and I cant get cover if I'm healing someone so having a shield came in handy a lot.

However, having a shield on heavy would support the role so I believe we should give it to both as it would help regiments aswell

+1

I think that Heavy's should have the shield due to the fact that they are "heavy" which means they take damage, what better way to do so then with a shield.

Heavys should have more health, more armor and heavy weapons (DLT-19 or Rotary Canon). Shields is a maybe since Heavys don't usually hide behind shields but instead are in the front lines laying down covering fire. They should also be slower since they wear more armor

+1 to the Riot Shield swap
Maybe give support +50 or +25 hp to compensate
And give Heavy the DLT-19 instead of the RT-97c so they have more ammo than a E11

Edited by CrazedKiller

+1 

I am currently a heavy, and find that I never see support troopers having their shield placed down. They are always healing somebody and are usually on the move. The support role is more mobile than the heavy. 

And as heavy I usually only use suppressing fire or be point man so to have the sheild I could be at the front obsorbing fire, or take a position and use the sheild as cover. Or even place it down for others to use.

I believe heavy getting the riot shield would be more beneficial to heavy rather than the support. Unless I see more support utilising the riot shield I'm all for the change.

Edited by Dallas | Attack Helicopter
Fixing grammar

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.