In Game Rank:
Lieutenant Colonel.

In Game Regiment:
442nd Siege Battalion.

Time Played Imperial RP:

https://i.gyazo.com/68f1b14d896fbd51e171f4e14ab26615.png

Applicants History & Reasons

Have you had any warns:
I received a single warning in the past for ‘disconnecting to avoid arrest’, however, after speaking with those involved and an administrator, I had it removed due to my internet disconnecting me through a technical mishap.

Have you had any bans:
I have never been banned nor do I intend to ever be.

Have you been staff on any other servers or communities:
I have not been a staff member on any other Garry’s Mod servers or communities, however, I have been on many staff positions within various other role-play communities which have used other mediums (ie. minecraft, forum board, tabletop, etc) and of those which have relevance to this position I have been; Administration, Global Moderator, Game Moderator, Community Relations, and Event Director. All of these positions involved me dealing with members of the community in various ways least of which was the rehabilitation of rule-breakers through punishments or warnings to return as rule-abiding members of the community.

What do you believe is the purpose of Moderators on the server:
I am under the notion that a moderators purpose within this community is a bit more nuanced than other communities, taking on board the work of someone who upholds the rulings of the community as well as being a role-model to the members of the community. As a role-model one is to act appropriately and show those around them how a member of the community should behave whilst within their mediums, be it following the rules themselves and upholding the serious role-play atmosphere around them, and as for their moderation duties that would be to not just be a robot who punishes those who break rules, but to teach those who break rules and see where a warn is appropriate in regards to the situation. A player is more likely to straighten up and fly right if the moderator simply talks to them as a person before immediately acting with an iron fist.

Why are you applying to be a Trial Moderator:
My reasoning for applying is honestly quite a simple one, I thoroughly enjoy this community and server that I wish to give back in some way that I am able to. I have a large amount of experience when it comes to being a member of staff within role-play communities, so I decided that on top of giving my all in role-play scenarios that I would put my hat into the ring to be considered a trial moderator - I understand that the applications tend to wait for a while, and honestly I am patient as this is genuinely to help out.

What do you believe you can bring to the staff team:
I have a lot of experience ranging from a lot of varying communities and past scenarios, as well as being someone who is quite level headed and tends to get along with everyone I meet - I am very easy to approach and am willing to get the entire situation from all angles before any sort of decision is levied, on top of all I am honest and am willing to admit any mistakes that I may fall into. Also, I do enjoy learning new things and am open to learning how to better myself in every avenue of my life.

Scenarios

Someone Mass RDM’s and disconnects from the server.
What do you do?:
I would grab their steam ID through the procedure that moderators do and write it down on the side before continuing to go through the logs to document each individual that they killed for me to later approach them and ask what happened for this to occur, to make sure that it wasn’t an event or mini-event going on and that it was legitimately a mass RDM spree. Once confirmed I will inform a higher-tier staff member of the incident, give them their steam ID and warn the individual for disconnecting to avoid a sit-down with staff, and if the individual re-logs whilst I am online I would drag them somewhere quiet to get their explanation and explain to them about how what they did is against the rules, and inform them that further breaking of the rules will result in a harsher punishment.

Someone is bullying another member of the community.
What do you do?:
I would speak with the individual that is getting bullied to get their side of the story before contacting the other, whilst listening I would be sure to jot down key-points and then approach the other, all the while this happening somewhere private and out of earshot of others for privacy concerns as well as not bothering the rest of the ship. When speaking with the ‘bully’ I would not speak to them in any harsh tone, simply get his side of the story and work from there. In both talks, I would make sure that they are both in the right mindset because in most cases bullying tends to be a reactionary and I would rather get to the bottom of it than just slap an easy fix on it. At the end of the day, depending on the severity I would give a verbal warning and if it went worse than that, I would consult with a higher-tier staff member for advice before going forward with anything else.

You see a higher ranking staff member abuse their powers.
What do you do?:
I would turn on my recording software to have hard evidence of the situation instead of it being simply hearsay and I would do so in the most stealthy way as possible as to avoid needless confrontation between us. Once I believe I have recorded enough or the individual has stopped abusing, I would approach staff management to hand-over the evidence and then leave it to them as it is none of my business to handle.

Someone threatens to DDOS the server.
What do you do?:
I would either record it via video if threatening via voice or take screenshots from the logs if threatening via text before approaching the person and taking them in a more private area to speak with them, ask them about why they are stating such threats and the like, making sure that it’s a legitimate threat and not a knee-jerk reaction to a situation that they may be in, all the while speaking to them in a tone that is not harsh as to avoid upsetting them further. After speaking with them I would personally give a verbal warning about it and explain that is due to how serious a threat that is before approaching a higher-tier staff member with the evidence that I gathered, explain the conversation I had with them and tell them my judgement on whether or not they seemed genuine or just a knee-jerk reaction, and then explain that I gave a verbal warning and ask if I should give a more formal warning, if so I would do such, otherwise the situation would be considered handled.

Things you can and cannot do/rules:

1. You may bump your application every 7 days after the last bump/post by a user (1 week)

2. Any user may provide feedback by +1 and or -1 your application along with constructive criticism/feedback as long as it's not personally attacking the applicant or another member of the community.

3. Advertising your application in OOC, chat box, personally telling people and any sort of social media will lead to your application being denied for minimum 3 weeks.

4. Failing to answer questions can lead to your app being denied.

5. False information can lead to your application being denied.

6. Failing to meet the requirements can lead to either your app being put on hold or denied.

7. 5 or more warnings and your application will be denied immediately.

8. Must have at least 1 week on the server before applying.

9. Must have less than 2 bans to apply (Depending on the situation).

10. You may not increase the font size of the application above size 14 except the title which may be size 24.

11. Please be considerate of others when using colours in your application, all answers must be left in white.

12. Remember that your application is a reflection of yourself, your professionalism and maturity. Not showing professionalism and maturity in your application will lead to it being denied.

13. If your application is denied you may not apply for Trial Moderator for 2 weeks minimum.

Terms:

I accept that I am a representative of Imperial Gaming, and that I have been given these powers to make the experience of others better. I understand that advertising my application can get it denied. I accept that I may be demoted at any time by a senior member of staff without prior warning, as long as a valid reason is given. I have read all the rules and understand them completely, if not I will ask a higher staff member for a better explanation.

Edited by Sky
  • Upvote 3

Absolutely massive +1. Sky is an extremely active and friendly member of the community who truly represents the best the server has to offer. His application is both detailed and accurate and he would make a perfect t-mod if given the opportunity. Could not recommend anyone more highly for the role.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
1 minute ago, Rivers said:

Absolutely massive +1. Sky is an extremely active and friendly member of the community who truly represents the best the server has to offer. His application is both detailed and accurate and he would make a perfect t-mod if given the opportunity. Could not recommend anyone more highly for the role.

Sky is an absolute pleasure to be around. He knows what the server has to offer and what he can bring to the Staff Team. Huge +1

Good Luck!

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Rivers said:

Can not agree more ^^^ fat +1 for you my man. You are active and very mature the role would suit you well.

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, Rivers said:

Summed it up. Def see him contributing to the Staff Team and have had no problems with him.

Goodluck.

Edited by Biggie
  • Like 1
40 minutes ago, Rivers said:

• Like 1
42 minutes ago, Rivers said:

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Rivers said:

+1

I've had nothing but pleasant experiences with Sky. Incredibly respectful and an amazing Event Character. Always puts others before himself which is a perfect attribute for a moderator.

Good luck Sky.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Rivers said:

Nothing but good experiences with my apprentice Sky, massive +1 for him. Good luck!

Edited by Jye
  • Like 1
7 hours ago, Rivers said:

+1

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Rivers said:

+1

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Cecil said:

+1

I've had nothing but pleasant experiences with Sky. Incredibly respectful and an amazing Event Character. Always puts others before himself which is a perfect attribute for a moderator.

Good luck Sky.

MASSIVE +1

Good luck!

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Luigi said:

Sky is an absolute pleasure to be around. He knows what the server has to offer and what he can bring to the Staff Team. Huge +1

Good Luck!

+1

Good luck

• Like 1

+1

Sky is a good lad. He's mature, friendly and always tries his best to make sure everyone has a good time.

His approachable personality would make him a great moderator.

Good Luck

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Rivers said:

• Like 1

biased friend here

Yes, +1. I introduced him to GMod and I don't know what sort of monster I've created with that 1 week playtime in 2 weeks... Regardless, great guy and dedicated to things he loves; I can see him doing well as a trial mod here. Good luck my man!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
11 hours ago, Helsing said:

+1

Sky is a good lad. He's mature, friendly and always tries his best to make sure everyone has a good time.

His approachable personality would make him a great moderator.

Good Luck

18 hours ago, Jye said:

Nothing but good experiences with my apprentice Sky, massive +1 for him. Good luck!

23 hours ago, Rivers said:

23 hours ago, Luigi said:

Good Luck!

I haven't had much experiences with you but based off the communities replies, I am going to leave a +1 as well.

-Good Luck

-Vortex

• Like 1

OH MY GOD! I’m on my phone at the moment so i can’t use colors but i need to give this man a +1.

Good to be around, is a chill guy, well written app, and most importantly he did a fantastic cl2 test which made me feel temporarily happy.

+1

• Like 1
On 3/2/2019 at 12:30 AM, Mord said:

OH MY GOD! I’m on my phone at the moment so i can’t use colors but i need to give this man a +1.

Good to be around, is a chill guy, well written app, and most importantly he did a fantastic cl2 test which made me feel temporarily happy.

+1

From what I've seen on the server, Sky seems like a good individual and knows his responsibilities in a CO position. With this, I believe he has the right qualities to be a mod. 

Leaving a +1 

Best of luck with your app. 

• Like 1
  • Chopz locked this topic