Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Xane

Credits - Points Conversion System

Credits - Points Conversion System

So i have been thinking of this idea for a while now and i'm not sure if anyone else has suggested this but here we go, I'm suggesting a system which allows players to transfer there credits into points reasons being

• Not everyone likes to spend credits on gambling and or hiring bounty hunters
  • Players that don't have time to play chunk hours every week are at a disadvantage and then slower to save to get store items
  • Players would have another reason to do quests
  • People who don't have a lot of spare time will be able to do quests while they are on the server and convert them into points to help them towards there goal

Of course there will have to be a system in place that will even out the transfer ratio saying maybe 10 credits = 5 points or maybe being able to only transfer a certain amount of credits per day, say 100 credits are transferable per day for each player.

Let me know what you guys think about this suggestion in the comments.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

I'll just do this now.

@Whitey @Chopz @Cody

Save some time :)

EDIT: Didn't mean it in a bad way, more meant that, they'll see this now, rather than tonight or w/e. So they'll read the post.

• Facepalm 1
  • Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Bailey said:

I'll just do this now.

@Whitey @Chopz @Cody

Save some time :)

EDIT: Didn't mean it in a bad way, more meant that, they'll see this now, rather than tonight or w/e. So they'll read the post.

My bad it just gave off a smart ass vibe haha

If this were to be implemented, people en masse would begin abusing quests to convert credits into 300HPs, launchers, rotary cannons and pulseys.  Even at 100,000 credits to 1 point this would be a broken system and people wouldn't RP their quests properly, they would optimize their farming potential and just farm quests instead of doing other things. 

Also eventually everyone is running around with broken equipment and it becomes even more stigmatized to be a newbie or in a regiment with the regimental loadout only

[EDIT] I'd like to quickly amend that fundamentally I totally see where you are coming from, and would love this convenience myself too.  Alas, anything with such potential for abuse is too broken to implement imo

Edited by Tonberry
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Tonberry said:

If this were to be implemented, people en masse would begin abusing quests to convert credits into 300HPs, launchers, rotary cannons and pulseys.  Even at 100,000 credits to 1 point this would be a broken system and people wouldn't RP their quests properly, they would optimize their farming potential and just farm quests instead of doing other things. 

Also eventually everyone is running around with broken equipment and it becomes even more stigmatized to be a newbie or in a regiment with the regimental loadout only

They can farm quests as much as they want but they can't exceed there daily conversion limit so that would solve that problem ^_^

29 minutes ago, Vanilla said:

This seems like a pretty good idea but isn't credits meant to be in-character?

they also used in pointshop (on CW anyway)

(like, thermal det, I have enough points, but need 10k credits)

Edited by Pendragon
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Tonberry said:

[EDIT] I'd like to quickly amend that fundamentally I totally see where you are coming from, and would love this convenience myself too.  Alas, anything with such potential for abuse is too broken to implement imo

I have to agree with Tonberry on this one.

1 hour ago, Tonberry said:

I have to agree with this. People would just exploit it to get better weapons.

• Sad 1

I've thought about this alot but as i remember martibo told me the points are more like loyalty points for sticking around and playing on the server. If we had a system which involved conversions we would have people with all the purchases already making some serious dosh from selling their credits they dont need. I personally think more can be done with credits but using them to buy health upgrades etc. would just make them less valuable as everyone would have 300hp. I would like to see the server have limited ammo but you have to use your credits to buy ammo but thats a whole different can of worms.

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, Ragetank said:

I've thought about this alot but as i remember martibo told me the points are more like loyalty points for sticking around and playing on the server. If we had a system which involved conversions we would have people with all the purchases already making some serious dosh from selling their credits they dont need. I personally think more can be done with credits but using them to buy health upgrades etc. would just make them less valuable as everyone would have 300hp. I would like to see the server have limited ammo but you have to use your credits to buy ammo but thats a whole different can of worms.

Personal opinion on this matter, because I've heard it suggested before, is the same as Tanks. Points are a loyalty reward, you get more for having [IG] in your name or for being a donator etc. Points aren't just there as an in character thing, it's a reward for dedicating yourself, specifically your time, to the server. Adding a way to exchange credits for them, capped daily or not, sort of takes away from that aspect and turns points into just another currency you can grind for. Keeping it loyalty exclusive to me personally would make it feel more special when you finally get that 300 boost or buy the pulse cannon etc.

Also we already have enough people running around with 300 boosts, making normal troopers into walking tanks, we really don't need to make it any easier to accomplish.

• Upvote 2

15 hours ago, Xane said:

They can farm quests as much as they want but they can't exceed there daily conversion limit so that would solve that problem ^_^

Conversion limit - two scenarios:

Scenario one: Reasonably high limit - allows everyone to purchase the guns and health anyway, defeating the purpose of having a conversion limit
Scenario two: Conservatively low limit - Changes nothing as people still have to spend time to make the points happen, rendering the whole thing a futile endeavour

No matter how you try to balance the limit, it will either be making pointshop bonuses much quicker to get, or it will be not making enough of an impact to make exchanging any more feasible than just playing and earning points normally

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

I would love this - However, it is fine the way it is right now, I have been around for ten days roughly and have just hit 60,000 points.

• Shocked 1

If a conversion system like this were to be implemented, prices for nearly all the pointshop items would have to drastically rise to balance out how easily the points can be mass-produced. The prices for many items have already been dropped, for them to rise again would be inconvenient at the very least. The reason that the pointshop system is the way it is now is because it wouldn't be fair to have everyone running around with, say, Pulse Cannons after they've sunk a couple weeks of playtime into the server. Only the most loyal players should be given the privilege to outright own these weapons.

As it stands now, a point conversion system wouldn't fit in, as there are hardly any regiments who roleplay with credits in any substantial way. Only Bounty Hunters, who can only be donated for, roleplay around the transferring of credits. If a system like this existed now, somebody could, say, spend money on a Bounty Hunter, gather a lot of credits in a relatively short amount of time and then go around hoarding powerful weapons which they could transfer across characters and weapons. The same could be done with gambling. It's exploitative.

Either credits need a more established place in roleplay (apart from gambling) to balance buying points with them or prices for pointshop items would have to be drastically raised, which would be unfair on people who don't focus on roleplaying around credits, i.e. gambling or hunting bounties.

The current system is fair as it is, but with a bit of reasonable tweaking, I could see a conversion system being added fairly.

• Upvote 1

I like the idea, obviously it gives people the ability to buy more points an get those weapons/health boosts they desire. However, as Tonberry, Jye and Tank had stated, it's more of a loyalty thing that shows your commitment to the server. I, personally, do not think it would be right to have everyone running around with 500 health + Clone Launchers, kind of defeats the purpose of having that store imo. 

On 2/26/2019 at 1:52 PM, SCHEFF said:

If a conversion system like this were to be implemented, prices for nearly all the pointshop items would have to drastically rise to balance out how easily the points can be mass-produced. The prices for many items have already been dropped, for them to rise again would be inconvenient at the very least. The reason that the pointshop system is the way it is now is because it wouldn't be fair to have everyone running around with, say, Pulse Cannons after they've sunk a couple weeks of playtime into the server. Only the most loyal players should be given the privilege to outright own these weapons.

As it stands now, a point conversion system wouldn't fit in, as there are hardly any regiments who roleplay with credits in any substantial way. Only Bounty Hunters, who can only be donated for, roleplay around the transferring of credits. If a system like this existed now, somebody could, say, spend money on a Bounty Hunter, gather a lot of credits in a relatively short amount of time and then go around hoarding powerful weapons which they could transfer across characters and weapons. The same could be done with gambling. It's exploitative.

Either credits need a more established place in roleplay (apart from gambling) to balance buying points with them or prices for pointshop items would have to be drastically raised, which would be unfair on people who don't focus on roleplaying around credits, i.e. gambling or hunting bounties.

The current system is fair as it is, but with a bit of reasonable tweaking, I could see a conversion system being added fairly.

I agree with Scheff 100%

• Upvote 1

On ‎2‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 1:52 PM, SCHEFF said:

Agreed.

Plus I could just imagine the RP scenarios getting ruined by people who want to do quests to get a weapon or upgrade more often than events or participating in any kind of RP.

• Upvote 1

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.