096 - The Short Film

Hello everyone.

I'm here today to share with you a Kickstarter project that I have recently found and am rather excited for.

Pictures taken of SCP-096. It's face must never be seen.

SCP-096 - The Short FIlm by Klay Abele

As someone who is incredibly invested in the SCP Foundation's lore, this is like Christmas morning for me.

Ages ago, I've read the short story that this film is based off. I absolutely loved it, how it was written and the concept itself.

SCP-096, an abbreviation for Special Containment Procedure #096, designated the "Shy Guy", is a humanoid entity standing 2 meters tall with grossly unproportionate limbs.

The creature itself has an unexplained telepathic trigger when an individual views its face, be it directly or via digital footage. The trigger causes it to be extremely violent and hunt down the person who had viewed its face, tearing whoever viewed it limb from limb and eventually leaving nothing behind. What's worse is that the creature is indestructible and unkillable by any and all means.

You may read for about it on here.

With the explanation of what the thing in question exactly is, let's briefly talk about the short film. From what I've heard, it's going to be based on a short story written by the same person who wrote the original SCP-096 document. It will explain the aftermaths of Incident 096-1-A, a full-scale containment breach of the SCP Subject. It will show interviews, logs, and all the controversy that happened within the foundation. I highly recommend reading about it as it is, in my opinion, a fantastic read.

I have personally donated to the Kickstarter to support the short film. It will be made entirely in CGI.

If you want to read more about this, here's the Kickstarter page and here's the creator's Youtube Channel.

So it's an Enderman? Super tall, doesn't like you looking at its face, grossly unproportionate limbs and hunts down anyone looking at its face.

We out here copying Minecraft.

Edited by Bailey
  • Downvote 1
3 minutes ago, Bailey said:

So it's an Enderman? Super tall, doesn't like you looking at its face, grossly unproportionate limbs and hunts down anyone looking at its face.

Just need the proper texture pack and we're gucci.

Image result for Enderman SCP-096

30 minutes ago, Bailey said:

*Insert Enderman noise here*

10 hours ago, Bailey said:

Image result for enderman slenderman
I wonder where Minecraft got such an original idea from :p

12 hours ago, Bailey said:

Bailey... it is- actually... while I was making this comment I realized it actually kinda is like an Enderman... but then again endermen don't rip you into shreds for looking at your face... and can be killed...

13 hours ago, Bailey said:

Difference is this thing will literally run across the world to kill you if you see its face, and is indestructible.

1 hour ago, Kumo said:

Difference is this thing will literally run across the world to kill you if you see its face, and is indestructible.

What if I hover in a helicopter permanently?

7 hours ago, Bailey said:

What if I hover in a helicopter permanently?

32 minutes ago, Kumo said:

Unrealistic

It once jumped all the way to the moon during an experiment just to kill someone who looked at a picture of it on the moon. So it'll still somehow rip you to shreds and [REDACTED] you.