Shock & Riot

Galle

I am making this post to give everyone a bit of backstory on Shock and Riot's history and role on the ISD

Shock & Riot Troopers are the security force of the Imperial I-class Star Destroyer “Chimaera”. Shock & Riot are responsible for the protection of all personnel aboard the ship as well as the defense of the vessel itself. Shock & Riot is also responsible for checking ID’s of all Imperial personnel and identifying defective troopers, impostors and traitors to the Empire. Shock & Riot patrols the Star Destroyer to do this. Shock & Riot also serve on the front lines of a battle to defend and support lesser infantry.

Shock Troopers

Imperial Shock Troopers are high-class stormtroopers pulled from the Stormtrooper Corps of the Galactic Empire. They serve as elite frontline forces of the Empire, high-end security forces on Coruscant, and as bodyguards for Emperor Palpatine himself. They specialized in heavy weapons on the battlefield. They are the successors to the clone shock troopers who were part of the Grand Army of the Republic during the Clone Wars.

The shock troopers wore stormtrooper armor with distinctive red markings on the helmet, spaulders, shin guards, and utility belts which maintained extreme resistance to small-arms blaster fire. Shock troopers serve mainly as a support unit, taking vantage points and suppressing enemies with their heavy firepower while lesser infantry moved in for the kill. The arsenal at their disposal included a DLT-19 heavy blaster rifle, SE-14C, and E-11.

Riot Troopers

Riot Stormtroopers, colloquially known as Riot Troopers, were highly-trained soldiers that specialized in containing and defusing insurrectionist scenarios, due to the spread of the influence of the Rebel Alliance to even within loyalist populations in the Galactic Empire. As military enforcers of the Empire, the riot troopers were typically stationed on subjugated worlds throughout the galaxy, such as Kamino and Cato Neimoidia, although they were most common on megalopolis worlds throughout the Core and Colonies due to them being disobedient worlds, that according to the Empire, required "parental discipline." The Riot Troopers are equipped with an RT-97C, SE-14C, CIS Shotgun, taser, and a Riot Shield.

I hope I have updated your knowledge about the two regiments

Edited by Galle
  • Upvote 2