My nan's passing

Corvo

Earlier today my nan passed away peacefully, got me thinking about some stuff and i just wanted to tell people how great she was, she was in her 90s when she passed and was always nice to me, right up to the end. I am just really glad she passed peacefully a thing not everyone get's in the end, so i wanna hear some nice stories y'all have of your loved family members 

Edited by Corvo
  • Thinking 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 5
  • Upvote 2

I would like to start off by giving my condolences to you and your family on your Nans passing, I hope you choose choose this time to celebrate her and the wonderful life she would has lived and may she rest in piece 

I too had a member of my Family pass away, it was the week of Christmas when my uncle passed however it was in a not so peaceful way (hence why I went away for 3 weeks). He wasn't my biological uncle however he had known me since birth and was a close family friend of both my parents, i grew up watching his kids grow up and creating many good memories with him and his family. After his passing it was humbling seeing just how many lives one person can affect as we watched 2 whole towns celebrate his life through his passing. his home town held the funeral where the church was packed full of family, friends and loved ones, there was even a live stream for all those unable to attend or were too far away to attend to watch. Following his funeral the town I live in, the town he worked and made a life for himself in held a service in which over 400 people all of which had been affected and touched by his presence in one way shape of form gathered to remember him and raise money for his 2 little boys to help them as they grow older, in which over $12,000 was generously raised to help but them through school and get them stuff they need as young growing boys.

(thought I would share this story with you and others to show that death of a family member whilst tragic can also bring joy, as you celebrate the lovely life of your loved ones and cherish in the memories they have left behind with you and all those around them. Just know Corvo that your Nan is resting peacefully and watching over you and your family to provide the love and support you need.)

Additionally if you want to speak to anyone about the what you are feeling do not hesitate to contact myself or anyone else.

Regards,

Sully

Sorry for your loss mate, I know this can be a bit of a trying time, I can't share much about my family members passing away, because at age 17 I still haven't lost a family member yet, but I have had plenty of mates who have had it happen to them.

If you need to, take a break and just chill for a while, it can take a bit to really hit you.

All the best.

- Bailey

Sorry for your loss dude, I send my condolences to you and your family. Times like this really do raise questions, and can be hard, so don't feel isolated, surround yourself with people you trust.

I'm not gonna too much into personal stories, as I myself have had some catastrophic events happen within my life, so I know what it feels like. Always up to chat if you need to discuss somethings

All the best Corvo

I am so sorry for your loss. At least she passed peacefully, knowing she was loved.

I'd tell stories about my family but I'm lucky enough to still have both of my grandmothers; I don't want to overshadow your loss by telling stories about people I haven't lost yet.

I wish you all the best. You can always talk to me.

• Like 1

Hey man, sorry for your loss. @Corvo

A couple of years ago my Granny passed away, which was very sad, especially for my Pa. Over the next six months, despite my family constantly going up to see him, he kept getting more and more depressed. So when the hospital called us that he had fallen over (Both Granny and Pa were somewhat overweight/diabetic.) and he had stay there, in the place he had fallen over, for about 3 days, we drove over there ASAP ( The journey is about 2/3 hours long). Anyway when we arrived we went to a side waiting room where my dad went in to talk to his father. About 2 minutes later he came out and announced that Pa had finally passed away.

If you want to have a "friendly" convo at any point just message me, through discord, TS, I dont mind and we can. Again, sorry for your loss.

Sorry for your loss mate, my condolences.

At 23, I've lost a fair few family members and close friends unfortunately. I've luckily got good stories to go with most of them.

I lost my great grandpa and grandma (my mum's dad's parents) when i was about 4 years old. I remember my grandparents telling me that on his deathbed he was still talking about what a "good young boy" I was because I would always help him with his walking stick whenever we would go walking anywhere; and my great grandma was still talking about how much of a pleasure I was to have over, because I was "such a kind and polite young man".

My great grandfather (mum's mum's parents this time) always used to collect his spare change in a little plastic sandwich bag and he would give it to me every time I happened to visit his house. The deal was, I would get the bag of change if I would play a hand of cards with him, and if my nanna had told him that I had been good (this is at about 10 years old). He passed away at 93 years old, and when we visited his house for the last time without him being there, there was a sandwich bag full of coins sitting on his dresser ready for when I was to visit next, but obviously he wasn't there to give it to me anymore, it was quite heartbreaking.

My great grandparents on my dad's side (Dad's mum's parents) were the kind of couple everyone would strive to be, always happy, never fought and were together for 60 years. They were both admitted to hospital at the same time, but unfortunately passed away about 2 months apart from each other, which was incredibly hard to see the other one trying to cope without their spouse. The whole family came to visit them when they were admitted. As each family member went to the beds to give them hugs and basically say their hello and goodbyes for what we all knew was most likely going to be our last time, they spoke to us and recounted happy things they remembered about us (they were very talkative, they were doing this normally and not because they thought they wouldn't make it). As it got to myself and my very close cousins who are basically my brother and sister as we grew up together very closely, they recounted an amazing amount of times where we would go and visit them and they would get incredible enjoyment out of it. It made us so ridiculously happy to hear that kind of thing come from them before their passing.

I have more, but I feel like it will be too much. Anyway, hopefully you can at least grab a smile from this :)

21 hours ago, Corvo said:

Earlier today my nan passed away peacefully, got me thinking about some stuff and i just wanted to tell people how great she was, she was in her 90s when she passed and was always nice to me, right up to the end. I am just really glad she passed peacefully a thing not everyone get's in the end, so i wanna hear some nice stories y'all have of your loved family members 

I hope you are feeling alright, just let anyone know on here if you need to chat, sorry for your loss :(

Edited by Billybob1061