What kind of music do you listen to?

I'm bored before school and I thought I'd ask the question of;

What music does everyone listen to?
I can share first if that makes it easier and/or less awkward.

I listen to a lot of different music, at the moment I'm very much in to listening to AJR because of a new song release.

Spoiler

As weird as it sounds, swapping from one genre to another, big fan or rap and hip hop, recently listening to a lot of older stuff like Tupac and/or Biggie as I never really did when I was younger because I was never a fan or rap.

Spoiler

I'm always looking for recommendations for songs too because I love music a lot and am happy to listen to different types of songs, as long as they're good.

• Upvote 1

Pretty much any Weezer album. Blue, Green, Pinkerton, White, Red, EWBAITE, Pacific Daydream etc.

Also listen to a shit tonne of Radiohead, Palaye Royale, Panic at the Disco and Smashing Pumpkins.

Edited by Rivers

I went through a Lo-Fi/Vapourwave phase back a few years and have come back to it, thanks it part because of EckhardtsLadder and the music he uses in his videos.

This is one of the pieces of gold I've recently unearthed.

Spoiler

Even if you're not into this kind of music, you can still appreciate such masterpieces like this.

Spoiler

Spoiler alert: I probably like this more than you

Otherwise, it's a pretty mixed bag.

I appreciate guitar music, whether it be original songs by John Mayer or pop songs covered on guitar.

Spoiler

This dude is talented af. I also love Sunflower by itself, one of the few modern pops I've really attached to.

I'm also a big appreciator of piano and classical music but I'm more of a casual listener of both. I'm learning piano at the moment (albeit very slowly) so I've got to keep in touch with it.

Spoiler

I'm actually learning Sweden right now (small steps). Despite its meme status, C418 and his music in Minecraft are my biggest inspirations to learn piano in the first place.

Always love a bit of Chopin to keep myself calm and focused. I recommend watching The Pianist. A beautiful, heartfelt and most amazingly true story about a Jewish man being saved from Nazi execution due to his passion and skill for playing the piano.

Apart from that, I also like some modern pop music (one of my consistent favourites being Ariana Grande) as well as songs from numerous genres and popularity from the early 2000s down to the late 1970s and 1980s, too many to make a cohesive list out of though. I'm also a bit of bass head and you can get good bass from nearly every lo-fi and pop song nowadays, hence my appreciation for it.

Basically, I like a good song that I can bop my head to but at the same time keep me focused and not be too loud and distracting. Cool, calm and relaxing (for the most part).

Edited by SCHEFF

These are among the highest quality posts I’ve seen in recent times, I should really pose more questions to the community, bring us closer together, you know? Maybe a daily or weekly question.

• Like 1

Progressive Metal: Between The Buried And Me, Karnivool, Opeth, Meshuggah, Gojira, TesseracT, Mr Bungle, The Faceless, Periphery, Monuments, The Dali Thundering Concept, Vildhjarta, Katatonia, Animals as Leaders, Tool, Stargazer, Strapping Young Lad, Devin Townsend Project
Death Metal: Cryptopsy, Necrophagist, Spawn of Possession, Cannibal Corpse, Job For A Cowboy, Goatwhore, Nile, Alluvial, Black Crown Initiate, Behemoth
Black Metal: Emperor, Gorgoroth, Darkthrone, Immortal
Metal: Metallica, Slayer, Deep Purple, Black Sabbath, Pantera, Iron Maiden, Motley Crue
Blues: BB King, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Eric Clapton, Tinsley Ellis, Tony Joe White, Albert King, Lonnie Brooks, Magic Slim, Tommy Castro
Rock: Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, Fleetwood Mac, Cream, The Doors, Pink Floyd, Heart, Billy Idol, Audiovent, Birds of Tokyo, Cold Chisel, The Angels, Incubus, Led Zeppelin, Travelling Wilburys, Russian Circles, Queen, The Guess Who, The Pretenders, Guns n Roses, Creedence Clearwater Revival, The Cranberries, ZZ Top
Reggae: Collie Buddz, Fat Freddy's Drop, Katchafire, Kora, Bob Marley & The Wailers, Barrington Levy, Ini Kamoze, The Black Seeds, Tomorrow People, J Boog, Damien Marley, Alborosie
Folk: Bob Dylan, Paul Simon, Van Morrison, Tracy Chapman
Jazz: Thelonious Monk, Grover Washington Jr, Herbie Hancock, John Coltraine, Glenn Miller
Rap: Freddie Gibbs, Kendrick Lamar, The Game, Biggie, Pac, Big L, Wu Tang Clan, Tech Nine, Snak the Ripper, Four Owls, Nas, NWA, Ice Cube, Hov, Outkast, Nate Dogg
Alternative: The Smiths, Jeff Buckley, Depeche Mode, Thomas Giles, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Deftones, Icehouse, Alanis Morissette, Blind Melon, Talking Heads
Funk: Average White Band, Lionel Ritchie, The Commodores, Parliament, Earth Wind and Fire
'Pop': David Bowie, Prince, Blondie, John Lennon, Electric Light Orchestra, Elton John, Knower, Michael Jackson, Pat Benatar, The Beatles
50's: Ray Charles, Fats Domino, Bing Crosby, Roy Brown, Little Richard, Chuck Berry

Just a small shortlist off the top haha. 
As a musician of many many years, I'm inclined towards artists that show a large degree of technical prowess, rather than crowd-friendly mall stuff

Edited by Tonberry
Revised for easier list digestability