Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dynamite

SK/RT SUB DIVISION

Hey guys my names Dynamite I am a Staff Sergent in Shock

While I was going through the Gmod workshop I came across a player model called Incinerator Troopers and I thought to myself that would be a great sub division for Shock/Riot because of what they use. as a defensive regiment we don't really have any crowd control in any way shape or form but if we got a incinerator trooper who has a flamethrower it would greatly improve are crowd control and defensive capability's this would also give Shock and Riot an actual Sub Division that does something. To get to be an incinerator trooper what me and my fellow shock and riot troopers where thinking is that instead it being based on "you have been doing well and we will be offering a sub division to you" no it will go through multiple of stages the first stage is getting SGT+ that's when you are eligible to be a incinerator trooper the next stage is going through advanced training then it will go to a test on multiple of things about how to use a flame thrower and how to properly do his/her job.

player model in the link below 

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=958842280&searchtext=incinerator+trooper

• Facepalm 1
  • Thinking 1

Incinerator Troopers were a thing.....They were replaced by Vector which were replaced by 224th. Flamethrowers don't really make much sense for riot control

Flamethrowers seem like a fairly lethal choice if you were to use them in a crowd control situation

Just now, Ragetank said:

Flamethrowers seem like a fairly lethal choice if you were to use them in a crowd control situation

well for crowd control an area affect weapon would be very effective and it wouldn't just be for crowd control you can use a flame thrower in many defensive ways a great example would be Police in real life use big ass water pumps for crowd control so why not a flame thrower, and the people will be properly taught how to use the flame thrower in a way that wont be overpowered in rp situations 

-1 We have had some regiments based on flame throwers in the past which didn't end so well. Flame throwers are also infamous for lag

Just now, Vanilla said:

-1 We have had some regiments based on flame throwers in the past which didn't end so well. Flame throwers are also infamous for lag

well this wouldn't be a full regiment it is a sub regiment with only maximum of 4 or 5 troopers in it and flame throwers will be used like thermal dets and camo it needs approval to be used first 

59 minutes ago, Boris said:

Incinerator Troopers were a thing.....They were replaced by Vector which were replaced by 224th. Flamethrowers don't really make much sense for riot control

Yeah -1 we already had them and they didn't do well at all, they then got changed to vector which again didn't do very well. Also flamethrowers aren't really crowd control they kinda set the crowd on fire

Just now, Joel said:

Yeah -1 we already had them and they didn't do well at all, they then got changed to vector which again didn't do very well. Also flamethrowers aren't really crowd control they kinda set the crowd on fire

well all those regiments where attack regiments I'm trying to use the flame thrower in a security regiment and for a flame thrower not being crowd control its meant to hurt them because controlling the crowd is making them listen to you and with a flamethrower in hand and them getting hurt it forms order with chaos and that's also like saying pepperspray aren't really crowd control its the same implement but just with fire 

flamethrowers: lag, a lot of accidental deaths causing arguments, and where is there any situation where there is a crowd of people you can just go point blank at and shoot flames. in events, almost nothing cause the npc's will just shoot you down and EC's can tank it, and besides if there were a riot in the ship, its better to use a shield and not accidentally kill the whole crowd. really useless sub division. -1

2 minutes ago, Delta said:

they cause more issues than they solve 

how do they cause more if a minge was using it yes it would cause more but the people using it have worked hard for the role in all aspects 

27 minutes ago, Joel said:

-1, Have to agree with what Joel stated.

1 hour ago, Vanilla said:

^ Sums it up for me

1 hour ago, Dynamite said:

how do they cause more if a minge was using it yes it would cause more but the people using it have worked hard for the role in all aspects 

two navy almost got Pk'd because I left clicked when they told me too 

2 hours ago, Dexoys said:

flamethrowers: lag, a lot of accidental deaths causing arguments, and where is there any situation where there is a crowd of people you can just go point blank at and shoot flames. in events, almost nothing cause the npc's will just shoot you down and EC's can tank it, and besides if there were a riot in the ship, its better to use a shield and not accidentally kill the whole crowd. really useless sub division. -1

We appreciate your thinking and I like where your head is at but there are too many issues with adding Flamethrowers into the server again therefore I will not be supporting this -1 ~ Hyperion

3 hours ago, Boris said:

3 hours ago, Dynamite said:

Police in real life use big ass water pumps for crowd control so why not a flame thrower,

Because in real life, using “big ass water pumps” gets people pretty soggy and pissed off, whereas using flamethrowers is essentially like bringing forth the damnation of hell-fury right to your doorstep. What would you rather if in the situation of rioting, would you rather be slightly wet or burnt alive?

3 hours ago, Joel said:

Riot is the sub regiment of Shock and Riot is literally SUPPOSED to be Riot Control

SMH my head

• Upvote 4

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.