Warning relating to Vehicles.

I believe part of the problem can be fixed with the new sliding door addon and constructing larger garages/pads.

I know that the new addon doesn't work when permapropped and therefore isn't a permanent solution, but if a dupe was made that was managed by staff, a staff member could spawn in a door for the garages and when said staff member leaves, another staff member will spawn in the same dupe. As staff members are reliably active and there are a good amount of them, there would be sliding doors on the garages for most of the time. The only time any staff tend not to be on is during dead hours anyway, so there would either be no vehicles to steal anyway or little need to enforce the rules as much.

Also, the current garages are obviously too small for bigger vehicles such as LAATs, ARC-170s and AT-TEs. While the garages can hold at least one of them, there is little room to manouvere and there is little efficiency in having an entire space taken up by one vehicle. Therefore, if one or a few larger garages are created to replace the numerous smaller garages, they could house a variety of vehicles and more of them. Additionally, if these garages or at least a portion of the garage had vertical entrances and exits for vehicles, less consideration could be put in place for horizontal space around the garage, which means there could be more space to build these garages in. One or a few bigger garages lessens the amount of props used to build them too, which would lessen lag and give more room for props in other areas, which is a win-win. Finally, security could be more tightly centred around one or a few garages, instead of it being spread-out over several of them, which would lead to be better control of both the troopers and the area.

Just my two cents.

Edited by SCHEFF
  • Upvote 1
6 minutes ago, SCHEFF said:

I believe part of the problem can be fixed with the new sliding door addon and constructing larger garages/pads.

I know that the new addon doesn't work when permapropped and therefore isn't a permanent solution, but if a dupe was made that was managed by staff, a staff member could spawn in a door for the garages and when said staff member leaves, another staff member will spawn in the same dupe. As staff members are reliably active and there are a good amount of them, there would be sliding doors on the garages for most of the time. The only time any staff tend not to be on is during dead hours anyway, so there would either be no vehicles to steal anyway or little need to enforce the rules as much.

Also, the current garages are obviously too small for bigger vehicles such as LAATs, ARC-170s and AT-TEs. While the garages can hold at least one of them, there is little room to manouvere and there is little efficiency in having an entire space taken up by one vehicle. Therefore, if one or a few larger garages are created to replace the numerous smaller garages, they could house a variety of vehicles and more of them. Additionally, if these garages or at least a portion of the garage had vertical entrances and exits for vehicles, less consideration could be put in place for horizontal space around the garage, which means there could be more space to build these garages in. One or a few bigger garages lessens the amount of props used to build them too, which would lessen lag and give more room for props in other areas, which is a win-win. Finally, security could be more tightly centred around one or a few garages, instead of it being spread-out over several of them, which would lead to be better control of both the troopers and the area.

Just my two cents.

Definitely some good suggestions especially with the garage size, but the main problem is people with pilot license tend to not get permission from Navy/RSC/RHC to drive/fly the vehicles in the first place. Some of them think that because they have a pilot license they can fly/drive whenever they want but that's not the case. If RSC are on they should be taking first priority with vehicles that they are trained to fly/drive. Obviously if RSC are not on or AFK then the troopers that have a pilot license can then fly/drive but they still require permission from Navy/RHC before doing so.  

• Upvote 2
50 minutes ago, Lachlan said:

what about putting a passcode lock on the Garage and landing pad?

I already do that when logging onto the server, unfortunately sliding doors cannot be perma propped so every time I log onto the server I set up all the sliding doors on the garages, checkpoints etc. Hence why I also go afk at the end of the day to prevent all my dupes and sliding doors from despawning for other players enjoyment.

At this current point in time I’m the only one that has been spawning in the sliding doors on checkpoints & garage, I’ll look into redesigning the garage as in my opinion its design isn’t the greatest in terms of the gates etc, I’ll attempt to if possible to make it bigger to include landing pads etc.

Edited by Splonter
  • Like 1