Warning relating to Vehicles.

There have been too many instances on the Republic server relating to individuals within the community Jumping into vehicles without:

1. Permission

2. A Grant from Navy

3. A Pilot License

This problem has annoyed both myself and the RSC, and as a result, I am here to enlighten those who don't seem to understand the rules.

1. You MUST at ALL times possess a Pilot license before entering ANY vehicle.

2. You Must at ALL times request Permission to use a Vehicle, just because you have a Pilot License doesn't make you a Pilot, we have Pilots for a reason.

3. You MUST at ALL times request DIRECT permission from Navy/RSC over Comms before getting into a Vehicle, you will be arrested if caught. 

These rules also apply to Navy/RSC/JEDI/RI

This is a serious issue currently on the Republic Server, these rules apply to the entire community regardless of rank or personal affiliation with members of Navy Regiments. 

Individuals who decide to ignore these 3 simple rules will be punished harshly, repeat offenders will be either given over to management or will have their Pilot License removed or suspended.

There will be NO more chances. 

(EDIT) There were members of the Republic who I had taken note of, they will not be named but the example will still be given:

1. A Member of the Community had Spawned in and Drove a Speeder Without possessing a Pilot License, they were warned by Navy yet proceeded anyway, they were not a Civilian when this occurred.

2. A Member of the Community, during the Bug Event, Took 1 a Vehicle which was not in the Garage and 2 Flew it without a Grant From Navy, the rules still apply within Events.

3. Clone Troopers (CT) who are found to be Stealing Vehicles will be handed straight to Management and dealt with accordingly.

4. Civilians Must Also possess Pilot Licenses to be eligible to Drive Vehicles.

Edited by Peter
  • Upvote 7
22 minutes ago, Pendragon said:

THIS INCLUDES ALL JEDI/RI

Just like say like "Official RI/Jedi business" or something, not that hard

We already know it includes jedi / ri so no need to do big text like that and it wasn't any republic people doing it, from my understanding it was civilians.

Edited by Rickle
1 minute ago, Rickle said:

We already know this and it wasn't any republic people doing it, from my understanding it was civilians.

oh... well then... its just I saw a delta-7 take off without perms a couple nights ago, and thought it was a jedi... so yeah... thats why I did that thing

Edited by Pendragon
3 minutes ago, Pendragon said:

oh... well then... its just I saw a delta-7 take off without perms a couple nights ago, and thought it was a jedi... so yeah... thats why I did that thing

There were Jawas mentioned and AOSed in Comms for stealing some of the padawans delta 7s.

4 minutes ago, Peter said:

@Rickle There were a few people doing it (Republic wise)

*coughs* engineers

1 minute ago, Rickle said:

There were Jawas mentioned and AOSed in Comms for stealing some of the padawans delta 7s.

This was the time maul attacked on tatooine in the universe map, a little bit afterwards (when tower was damaged RP wise) I saw a delta-7 take off

Edited by Pendragon
  • Thinking 1

Honestly don't think a full post is needed for this, it's something that can be dealt with on a case by case basis and can be handled by CWRP staff. I understand that it's a big issue but probably not the best way to go about solving it.

Edited by Rivers
  • Thinking 1
  • Facepalm 1
  • Upvote 3

@Rivers I understand your point, however, I Disagree. Navy cannot always be online reporting instances when this occurs, it seems that after I spoke to certain members yesterday they were unaware of specific rules regarding the Vehicles, I believe a post will make sure that Community Members cannot make excuses relating to either a lack of knowledge of the rules or a generalised misunderstanding of the rules already in place. 

• Thinking 1
  • Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, Rivers said:

Honestly don't think a full post is needed for this, it's something that can be dealt with on a case by case basis and can be handled by CWRP staff. I understand that it's a big issue but probably not the best way to go about solving it.

I was going to say the same thing, I understand you're trying to show that you're a good option for the Naval Commanding position Peter, but this isn't something you deal with, this is something that @Cody and other Staff Members deal with.

I'll speak to the other Staff tonight and have this dealt with.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Upvote 2
30 minutes ago, Lachlan said:

@Peter have you talked to staff about this? because this is more of a staff post then a user/Player post

I agree I understand the issue and yes it needs to be delet with but this should be a post made by a member of management not a user.

How can you guys say this is something he should not be posting. Moderators deal with the rule breakers within the server on the case by case basis, and event masters only deal with it during their own events. Peter is obviously seeing that there is an issue, and decided that it is better to educate players on the rules surrounding piloting vehicles to prevent further problems, rather than wait for them to break the rules and be dealt with by a moderator/em before they understand it, and ruin certain RP scenarios or events in doing so.

I don't understand why a user should be in strife for helping the server out.

Good initiative @Peter

• Upvote 9

Notice for pilots as well please; Do not ask for ships & vehicles to be spawned on the Universe Tatooine planet outside of the Republic Military Garage, All vehicles should be spawned within the garage unless they are ships that are in the Space Ports or Jedi Temple.

6 minutes ago, Helsing said:

How can you guys say this is something he should not be posting. Moderators deal with the rule breakers within the server on the case by case basis, and event masters only deal with it during their own events. Peter is obviously seeing that there is an issue, and decided that it is better to educate players on the rules surrounding piloting vehicles to prevent further problems, rather than wait for them to break the rules and be dealt with by a moderator/em before they understand it, and ruin certain RP scenarios or events in doing so.

Good initiative @Peter

First up yes it is good initiative and i do see where your coming from. What I'm saying is that management make the rules of the Server and Pilot System so it is up-to the Senior Staff Team and RNHC (Republic Navy High Command) to decide what the consequences are. For the players who brake the rules. But I do believe that Staff will deal with this iussue accordingly. But input is always welcome.

2 hours ago, Peter said:

Individuals who decide to ignore these 3 simple rules will be punished harshly, repeat offenders will be either given over to management or will have their Pilot License removed or suspended

21 minutes ago, Splonter said:

Notice for pilots as well please; Do not ask for ships & vehicles to be spawned on the Universe Tatooine planet outside of the Republic Military Garage, All vehicles should be spawned within the garage unless they are ships that are in the Space Ports or Jedi Temple.

Kinda hard when the LAAT's and ARC 170's are so big that you can barley fit one in the republic garage area especially with all the props that get spawned in that area. But yes when you can fit in there that's where they should be spawning.

50 minutes ago, Kellogs said:

Kinda hard when the LAAT's and ARC 170's are so big that you can barley fit one in the republic garage area especially with all the props that get spawned in that area. But yes when you can fit in there that's where they should be spawning.

Currently you can only fit a maximum of 1 LAAT at a time in the Garage, I’ll look into building a small landing pad somewhere in the military district.

19 minutes ago, Splonter said:

Currently you can only fit a maximum of 1 LAAT at a time in the Garage, I’ll look into building a small landing pad somewhere in the military district.

what about putting a passcode lock on the Garage and landing pad?

1 hour ago, Helsing said:

Good initiative @Peter

Thanks Helsing. 

As a follow up to this I would like to know exactly how this post is either invalid or is improper. 

This post was not intended to be anything other than a warning relating to the leniency I have been providing unnecessarily.

This post was a response to an issue at hand and was intended to act as a deterrent towards breaking the rules.