Tensile/Mordecai's TS Ban appeal

Mord

There is technically no template to apply for a teamspeak ban appeal, but just to notify you all, i am not banned from the either servers or the forums, just the IG teamspeak.

Steam Details

Steam Name: dommo

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:48224414

Steam Profile link: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198056714557

In Game Details

In Game Name: Sylvia Blackwater

In Game Rank: Administative assistant

In Game Regiment: Regional government

Ban Details

awfyh.JPG.91fead74331f01e3861041ee1ccc1786.JPG

How long was the ban for: Forever.

Which staff member banned you: Whitey, if i can remember.

What date did the ban occur: Honestly i cannot tell, a while ago.

What was the reason for the ban: "Obviously cannot be trusted on TS"

Explain the situation in detail which led to you being banned: So, i was happily playing IG as a member of Rancor, and i decided to try out for the 501st or namely the imperial commandos as they were doing tryouts at the time. I show up to the tryouts and i am ready to give it a go then i am informed by the officer that i am permanently blacklisted from the 501st legion. I was fine with this, but no matter where i searched or who i contacted nobody could give me a straight answer as to why or what events had led to this blacklist. The only events i could recall were those that occurred on another community, where the same officer, s0lid or whatever his name was, was also playing at the time. 

To avoid confusion let me say here in the midst of my story, I never actually found out whether it was the CO, Zaspan, or somebody else. I just jumped to the conclusion that i had the most evidence for, even if that was not much. 

After messaging around and being helped by misahu, i still did not have a straight answer as to why. I was getting fed up with the misdirection of the officers and vader of why they could not tell me anything. Eventually, i made the decision to peacefully exit the server. As for teamspeak i sent a teamspeak message to zaspan (who was vader at the time) saying just the words "youre a fuckhead". I was banned for 3 days. After the 3 days i returned and called him a "fuckhead" again. I was banned for 7 days. I then returned again and called him a "fuckhead" for a third time and then i was permabanned. That's the story.

Why do you believe you deserve to be unbanned / given a second chance: I didn't think i would want to play IG properly again, but here i am. I really don't have much of a reason why i should be unbanned but i can provide my scouts honor and say i will not throw shade at any of the staff members again. Apologies and condolences to zaspan.

Edited by Mord
  • Upvote 2

14 hours ago, Emerald said:

+1

It's been a while and I believe he should be allowed back on the TS

Although what you did was bad and you did do in 3 times over a period of time, I think you do deserve a second chance. +1 I don't see why you shouldn't be unbanned.

Edited by Wombatiacus
  • Like 1

• Advisor

neutral - you obviously have some sort of personal vendetta against me for no real reason. You abused a staff member and got temporarily banned, then you continued to spam me with messages until you were banned again for 7 days. You then came back and started to abuse me again. You deserve to be permanently banned because of your toxic attitude even in the past and its evident you cannot be trusted due to your continuous actions. Unless you can show us your attitude has changed, I am sticking to my neutral decision.

Edited by zaspan
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, zaspan said:

neutral - you obviously have some sort of personal vendetta against me for no real reason. You abused a staff member and got temporarily banned, then you continued to spam me with messages until you were banned again for 7 days. You then came back and started to abuse me again. You deserve to be permanently banned because of your toxic attitude even in the past and its evident you cannot be trusted due to your continuous actions. Unless you can show us your attitude has changed, I am sticking to my neutral decision.

That but leaning to +1

• Like 1

7 hours ago, zaspan said:

Zaspan makes an interesting point here and I’m inclined to agree with him. I am also on a Neutral at the moment, but closer to a -1 than a  +1.

• Upvote 1

I am aware it was a dumb mistake to make and i am glad there has been a mixed response. 

One question i have which seems to be quite a dire one - what happens if this is denied and i reach CL 3? Will a cosmic singularity raise itself? I see this as a conflict of interest because the rules require me to be in the teamspeak at that rank, but i may not be able to.

This is an especially important appeal for me because i have just joined the regional government, something which i believe requires TS. Would it be a wise decision to put me on a good behaviour bond or something like that if it is accepted? Give me time to prove myself? I’m aware that it’s not a reason to unban me, but i have been around this community for almost multiple years now (1 year and 10 months), and i have been through a lot with it. It would be devastating to lose it all for a dumb series of mistakes on my part.

Also to address zaspan's comments, I will not argue, i did have a temporary vendetta against him. When i was mentioning in my story that i could not get a straight answer, one of the many random answers i recieved was "Vaders orders" which led me to believe that zaspan himself made this order. I still never really found out but i am apologetic for taking it out directly on zaspan. I had a reason to feel mad at him at the time anyway, it's not like i have some long standing grudge against him.

Just some questions. Thanks again guys.

Edited by Mord
  • Thinking 1

12 hours ago, zaspan said:

13 hours ago, zaspan said:

While dwelling on the matter i have come up with a few ways i can show that i have changed:

1. Let me into the teamspeak on a week or two trial period, and if i mess up again, i can be dealt with. (Think of a good behaviour bond the police give out to drink drivers)

2. Wait until i am CL3, if i successfully roleplay up to the rank where i need to be at, why would i get on the teamspeak to just get banned again? (Showing whitey and zaspan that i am here to stay and i actually want to play again)

3. Give some kind of formal apology to the parties involved? I have remained professional so far and there’s no reason i can’t get into a VC with zaspan and whitey and talk things down.

Thanks for assisting me on my journey to be unbanned. And it will be good to hear from whitey.

Edited by Mord

• Advisor

@Mord,

I pulled you into a channel when this occurred and you showed no remorse in regards to the statements you had made. This ban was only two months ago (14/12/18).

1. In relation to the good behaviour period you had 3 of those already having to serve minor bans, increasing with each incident. 

2. You have been a high rank before so why did you do it this time... 3 times over?

3. Your beef with Zaspan goes back for over a year. This would have to be solved with more then a simple apology, and if you really meant it you would of already gone out of your way to apologise to all parties, not as part of negotiations. You publicly said once Zaspan got Mod on 02/03/18:

zaspan got mod?

desperate times boys

hell nah boys ill see you

bye it was a fun year and a half, i had some fun times <3

And once you returned started this incident on TeamSpeak.

I'll leave this application up for more community feedback, because in the end its the communities decision.

17 minutes ago, Whitey said:

@Mord,

I pulled you into a channel when this occurred and you showed no remorse in regards to the statements you had made. This ban was only two months ago (14/12/18).

1. In relation to the good behaviour period you had 3 of those already having to serve minor bans, increasing with each incident. 

2. You have been a high rank before so why did you do it this time... 3 times over?

3. Your beef with Zaspan goes back for over a year. This would have to be solved with more then a simple apology, and if you really meant it you would of already gone out of your way to apologise to all parties, not as part of negotiations. You publicly said once Zaspan got Mod on 02/03/18:

zaspan got mod?

desperate times boys

I'll leave this application up for more community feedback, because in the end its the communities decision.

im agreeing with whitey you have had three chances and you kept going with the insults towards zaspan I find that disrespectful and shouldn't be given more then 3 chances then expect to come back onto the server you blew your chances over something small what's to say you don't do it again -1. ill change my response once I see how you act in game 

Edited by DreamZzz

15 minutes ago, Whitey said:

@Mord,

zaspan got mod?

desperate times boys

Well i mean you aren't wrong.

But rather than bringing up more evidence against me do you think you could maybe tell me what i should do in the event i am permabanned? What do i do if i reach CL3? Or if i need to do a sergeant test for someone? I am not banned from the server because i have not misbehaved on that, or the forums. 

In short: What do i do? Quit? I swore at a staff member 3 separate times, i admitted to my mistake, i tried to reason, What's next if i stay banned?

Teamspeak is one of the three parts of the community that seems vital to play, it seems outlandish to me that if you get banned from one of the three things you cant play with the other two? (Server, Forums, Teamspeak) 

If this is denied i have no other options. This system implies i might as well be community banned for swearing at zaspan. I really am at a loss here as i am not trying to be witty or snappy to anybody i just really have no idea what to do next.

1. When i served those bans i didnt forsee myself wanting to play IG again, i know a terrible foresight on my part, but it is what it is and theres nothing i can do about it now.

2. Again, i was never thinking that i would want to play again. The times i have left and returned to this community have usually been peaceful, but i seem to have some subconscious hate towards zaspan from a LONG time ago. I'm sure he has held onto these events where i have totally and utterly forgot. The comment you raised was news to me until i went back through my post history.

3. Yeah it seems to go back for ages. In my first message i stated that i didn't have some kind of long time grudge because i really didn't remember that i did. Truth be told i have no idea who he was before vader. Shadow guard instructor or something? These events were long ago enough that i don't remember what they were. 

@zaspan Since it deems necessary i will apologise to you directly. Right now in this message (If you'd like me to do it over voice please contact me). I don't really like how i could not get a straight answer out of you, it seemed unfair. But as long as you're willing to keep it professional i would like to apologise if i have offended you or otherwise caused you inconvenience. Sorry. I hope to see you in game.

Edited by Mord

• Advisor
3 minutes ago, Mord said:

Well i mean you aren't wrong.

But rather than bringing up more evidence against me do you think you could maybe tell me what i should do in the event i am permabanned? What do i do if i reach CL3? I am not banned from the server because i have not misbehaved on that, or the forums. 

In short: What do i do? Quit? I swore at a staff member 3 separate times, i admitted to my mistake, i tried to reason, What's next?

Teamspeak is one of the three parts of the community that seems vital to play, it seems outlandish to me that if you get banned from one of the three things you cant play with the other two? (Server, Forums, Teamspeak) 

If this is denied i have no other options. This system implies i might as well be community banned for swearing at zaspan.

A ban appeal is usually a period to explain what you did, why and show some remorse and condolence towards the individuals. It also a place for evidence to be brought forward either regarding the incident or to show a persons character. You are instead trying to place the argument that you should be unbanned so you can partake in RP, you were banned off that platform for a reason.

My suggestion is you actually work on showing that you can be trusted and actually show some remorse and work on apologising to the individuals involved and working on solving whatever differences you appear to have... Instead of threatening to quit if the application is denied.

1 hour ago, Whitey said:

A ban appeal is usually a period to explain what you did, why and show some remorse and condolence towards the individuals. It also a place for evidence to be brought forward either regarding the incident or to show a persons character. You are instead trying to place the argument that you should be unbanned so you can partake in RP, you were banned off that platform for a reason.

My suggestion is you actually work on showing that you can be trusted and actually show some remorse and work on apologising to the individuals involved and working on solving whatever differences you appear to have... Instead of threatening to quit if the application is denied.

I've updated my response just then. I am not threatening anybody. I'm saying i literally need teamspeak to do my job and to follow the rules that are in place. Am i going to be penalised for not being in teamspeak over CL3 if i literally cannot be?

Would you recommend contacting zaspan externally so i can speak to him? Rather than text? I feel that would be more natural.

EDIT: I am going to pursue a discord call with zaspan. I rather person to person interaction. Please do not accuse me of only now acting on it that i need to, i didn't ever believe i would be able to get into a position to talk to him, but then again i did not try until now.

EDIT AGAIN: Check the message below for the results of my chat.

Edited by Mord

19 hours ago, Whitey said:

I've contacted him and we spoke professionally.

Other than the more recent issue of me not finding an answer about my blacklist, neither of us can remember what problem we had with eachother.

Spoiler

This is the ending of our chat, there was more but too much for anybody to care about.

Administrative Assistant Sylvia Blackwater: are we cool?
Administrative Assistant Sylvia Blackwater: cool enough to coexist
Administrative Assistant Sylvia Blackwater: not cool enough to be best buddies
Hunter Droid "zaspan": ye i dont hold grudges dude 
Hunter Droid "zaspan": im not 15 years old
Administrative Assistant Sylvia Blackwater: alright thankyou for talking to me
Hunter Droid "zaspan": allg cuz

This was in downtime - don't worry about it not being in LOOC

My problems with zaspan have been solved totally and he was calm and professional about it which i am glad about. I certainly would not have been in his position, but regardless the issue everybody thought we had has been solved.

Also, if my appeal ends up denied can i re-appeal immediately or is there a wait period?

Edited by Mord
  • Upvote 4

17 hours ago, Mord said:

I've contacted him and we spoke professionally.

Other than the more recent issue of me not finding an answer about my blacklist, neither of us can remember what problem we had with eachother.

Reveal hidden contents

This is the ending of our chat, there was more but too much for anybody to care about.

Administrative Assistant Sylvia Blackwater: are we cool?
Administrative Assistant Sylvia Blackwater: cool enough to coexist
Administrative Assistant Sylvia Blackwater: not cool enough to be best buddies
Hunter Droid "zaspan": ye i dont hold grudges dude 
Hunter Droid "zaspan": im not 15 years old
Administrative Assistant Sylvia Blackwater: alright thankyou for talking to me
Hunter Droid "zaspan": allg cuz

This was in downtime - don't worry about it not being in LOOC

My problems with zaspan have been solved totally and he was calm and professional about it which i am glad about. I certainly would not have been in his position, but regardless the issue everybody thought we had has been solved.

Also, if my appeal ends up denied can i re-appeal immediately or is there a wait period?

He seems to be genuine and willing to commit to the server again therefore I will be supporting this application but I do think he should be watched ~ Hyperion 

• Like 1

Thank you all again for your feedback. 

I also wanted to say even if i don’t end up unbanned, being bad set me up to speak to someone that i had not in a while and actually talk whatever problems we could remember out. And if i am unbanned i look forward to serving you all as you send your troopers for their tests, or go for one yourself. Thankyou - hopefully my last message - sylvia blackwater

• Upvote 1

Unbanned - Please use this time wisely to reflect on your behaviour. You will be on a good behaviour period of 3 months where if you are caught breaking TS rules you will be required to have a meeting with management or be banned again permanently.

• Upvote 1