Jump to content

"What's a Death Star?"


Recommended Posts

Being in the ISB, this word means a hella lot to me. It gives us something to do. We can demote people on the sp-

Regardless of it's usefulness for our own entertainment, it always makes me wonder why exactly we're not allowed to say Death Star in character.

I've heard that when Lincoln was Director Krennic, the word Death Star wasn't a mine field and it was perfectly fine to say it.

The "You're not supposed to know it" answer is the most common in this situation, which is understandable. But, tons of characters in the movies have mentioned Death Star. Such as, the Stormtrooper in the beginning of New Hope. "The Death Star plans are not on the main computer". Why wasn't this man PKed on the spot by Vader right there when he said it?

  • Thinking 2
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

It is supposed to be so that the rebels don't catch wind of the plans and take action to stop the construction of the Empires key intergalactic super weapon however you know how that turned out.

 

Eg. Moles, defectors, Spies and infiltrators

Edited by Sully
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Sully said:

It is supposed to be so that the rebels don't catch wind of the plans and take action to stop the construction of the Empires key intergalactic super weapon however you know how that turned out.

 

Eg. Moles, defectors, Spies and infiltrators

But surely "battlestation" is a lot more easily interpreted as a superweapon than "Death Star". The latter could sound like a codename for something while when saying battlestation you're basically giving the answer out.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advisor

From my understanding basically no one knows what the true effect the DS-01 will do we are slightly before the beginning of the new hope timeline and the Deathstar hasn't actually been fired yet so only the higher ranking members in the empire know what the Deathstar is actually capable of this is why it is only referred to as the DS-01.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, SCHEFF said:

But surely "battlestation" is a lot more easily interpreted as a superweapon than "Death Star". The latter could sound like a codename for something while when saying battlestation you're basically giving the answer out.

that is a good point, im all out of ideas then

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Wingza said:

From my understanding basically no one knows what the true effect the DS-01 will do we are slightly before the beginning of the new hope timeline and the Deathstar hasn't actually been fired yet so only the higher ranking members in the empire know what the Deathstar is actually capable of this is why it is only referred to as the DS-01.

^^^^

Link to post
Share on other sites

Death Star is a code name for the station with its actual title being the DS-01 Orbital Battlestation. Obviously being referred to as the Death Star because it annihilates planets, but as others have stated above the true nature of the station and it’s purposes wasn’t known amongst many, only a select few of the empires senior officers and of course those who worked and operated the station itself, until the weapon was fired in which then it’s purpose became obvious. Also keep in mind the stations code name was discovered by the alliance (rouge one) so one can just come to the conclusion that either the name spread and everyone became aware about it or something idk. After Jedha and Scariff I guess you can say the name was passed around or whatever or imperial personnel were told about it or something. 

CB38070E-42DE-4922-8B0C-2ED4D4431369.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites

In terms of the storm trooper knowing the deathstar i think thats mainly because in the movies trooper regiments werent fleshed out as much as we have on the server. Imagine that storm trooper or storm troopers that followed vader as 501st or even RG/inquistor troopers. Would make more sense for vaders personal guards to be aware

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Morgan said:

Death Star is a code name for the station with its actual title being the DS-01 Orbital Battlestation. Obviously being referred to as the Death Star because it annihilates planets, but as others have stated above the true nature of the station and it’s purposes wasn’t known amongst many, only a select few of the empires senior officers and of course those who worked and operated the station itself, until the weapon was fired in which then it’s purpose became obvious. Also keep in mind the stations code name was discovered by the alliance (rouge one) so one can just come to the conclusion that either the name spread and everyone became aware about it or something idk. After Jedha and Scariff I guess you can say the name was passed around or whatever or imperial personnel were told about it or something. 

CB38070E-42DE-4922-8B0C-2ED4D4431369.jpeg

Wait wait, 30 minutes, I swear ISB re-educate people for legit 2 hours? There’s limits? I think someone needs to look into this lol.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bailey said:

Wait wait, 30 minutes, I swear ISB re-educate people for legit 2 hours? There’s limits? I think someone needs to look into this lol.

That’s for DS stuff, though the amount of re-education needed really varies depending on the individual, how willing they are to cooperate, and the offense that got them there in the first place. Also I’ve never seen an re-edu late over an hour. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...