Boris

Boris' TMOD App

Introduction:

Welcome to my Application - My names Boris online and I just wanted to let some people get to know who I am. I'm a 16-Year-Old Russian kid who's playing Gmod because it started off as me making fun of someone for playing StarWarsRP (How Ironic) - I know I haven't had the best interactions with certain people but I've been trying to improve my perception from others. I hope to see you guys on the server.

Steam Details

Steam Name: Boris of Vodka

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:70324688

Steam Profile link:https://steamcommunity.com/id/Doyouevennutbro/

In Game Details

In Game Name: HK-47 (Boris)

In Game Rank: HK Unit

In Game Regiment: Bounty Hunters

Time Played Imperial RP (Server Time/Screenshot evidence): 1402630021_4WeeksTime.PNG.9384fdcff6c1137e567fd89cf1599cd3.PNG

Before the Reset I had 2 Weeks and 1 Day
Time Played Clone Wars RP (Server Time/Screenshot evidence):  N/A

Applicants History & Reasons

Have you had any warns (If so state them): 

Ever since returning from my ban I have not received a single Warning or Verbal Warning

Have you had any bans (If so state them):

Yes, I believe this is one of the lowest points in my SWRP history is when I was banned. It began in February of 2018, I decided that since Empire Gaming was on the horizon that I would try and get some extra people to move over to this new server. I believed that if I could get more people to go over I would be better liked on Empire Gaming due to my past altercations with several players that also moved over - Needless to say the Staff Team quickly put down my actions on the Forums and In-Game which back then I was pissed about but I'm quite thankful for their efforts after looking back on my actions - I was then Banned for Advertising and Poaching with chance to appeal - After successfully returning to the Community I tried my best to keep the RP I did - It wasn't the best nor the worst around but my RP was my thing - I hope this explains the situation to anyone who needs it to be 

Have you been staff on any other servers or communities (If so state them):

No, I have not been a Moderator or Staff on any other server - While on Empire Gaming I assisted in certain situations when Moderators were offline but not officially. I was a Trial Event Master but resigned due to not agreeing with how the server was being run.

What do you believe is the purpose of Moderators on the server:

The purpose of a Moderator on the server ranges from many things - They are the people who give us our tools for tryouts, They're the people who help settle arguments between players over issues, They're people who stop minges from destroying the RP Experience of others. They're here to help new players when they first join the server, They're there to help Veteran players with the new challenges they may face and stop people with horrible intentions in their tracks - Moderators and the Staff team are the lifeblood of the server. The work the Staff/Moderator team put in every day is the reason Imperial Gaming still stands

Why are you applying to be a Trial Moderator:

I wasn't really going to try again at applying for Moderator on the server, but yesterday after I had a long conversation with a Staff Member I saw first hand finally how much the Staff team helps out with issues on the server, not just in-character but even after dealing with my issue I kept talking to them because it felt as if they weren't just there to solve my issue and just get out as fast as they could but as if they kind of cared about talking to the player-base. Due to this conversation and many others I want to join the Staff team to help and learn from the current Moderators on what it takes to be a Staff Member for Imperial Gaming - I would like to help new players who are struggling with getting used to SWRP and fitting in with the other new players and to mix and match with veteran players. The first time I joined the server it was my first ever time on Imperial Gaming - December 15th - 2017 was the first time I ever tried it out and I spoke to many Moderators and Event Masters to get the hang of what I was doing and what my purpose was - These people set off a Journey that has now passed over a year of SWRP and I want to keep that feeling for new players and the veterans of a warm, accepting and thriving community that we call Imperial Gaming. People that inspired me to apply whether they not be in the community anymore were (Emerald, Frank, Rickle, Iris, Kendrick, Crims, Poseidon, Anthony, Maxine, Twinkie and Helsing). All these people have influenced me and were some of the kindest and memiest people I've ever met. I understand again that I might not have been the best person to some people but I'm continuously striving to be a better person

What do you believe you can bring to the staff team:

I believe I can bring a more veteran player, who's energetic and willing to learn the ways of the Staff team - Due to me immigrating to Australia I was raised in a different mindset, the experience of learning something new isn't a foreign concept to me due to me having to learn Australian values and how Australia's large melting pot of cultures work together - When I came here I didn't really know much about how the society ran - I came from a more selfish and colder society and had to get used to the Australian way of being more selfless and showing more compassion - I know due to how I was raised I may come off as strange and different (I know, I'm a bit weird) but I really do care for this community and I want the chance to join the staff team and show my true potential. I have former ULX Experience as I was an EM on Empire Gaming (1st Iteration - Not the cancerous offshoots). With that experience I learnt how to deal with a large number of people, dealing with things going wrong and learning how to defuse a situation as calmly and quickly as possible. These are valuable skills for a Moderator to posses

Scenarios

Someone Mass RDM’s and disconnects from the server. What do you do?:

When the ticket comes in and the killfeed goes off the rails I would quickly TP to the affected players and find out what happened - I would make sure no TDM was going on at the time and ask them what happened and what set it off - I would then check !plogs and see which player committed the Mass RDM, Grab their Steam I.D and warn them for Mass RDM using the Command - !warn (steamid) RDM x()  and I would then ban them for 3 Days (Maximum limit a Moderator can ban someone for) to make them think over their actions and to protect the community from people who are just here to ruin other peoples RP Experiences. If they rejoin back I would ask them a few questions like

• Why did you kill (Insert Number) of Troopers and Disconnect immediately
  • Do you know what Mass RDM is?
  • Is there anything you would like to say that may change my opinion on your punishment? 

From these questions I will find out if they were just here to minge and have no intent to RP or actually seem remorseful for their actions. I would then depending on these new questions change the punishment ranging from just a Verbal Warning or a !warn (SteamID) RDM x ()| No Intent to RP. I would then proceed to ban them for 3 Days and bring the situation to a more experienced Moderator to ask if the ban should be extended

Someone is bullying another member of the community. What do you do?:

Bullying is not tolerated by me or the Imperial Gaming community - It doesn't matter who you are or what position you hold on the server it doesn't matter - Bullying is not tolerated. I would begin by teleporting the victim to a place away from everyone and ask them what happened and through what means it occurred - I would ask some baseline questions to see what the situation was

• How did the bullying occur? Over Chat or Over Voice Chat?
  • How long has this been going on for and do you know the person?
  • Have you reported this to any other Staff Members?
  • What did they say to you?

I would then try and calm the victim down and try and make sure they feel safe and open to talk about the situation with myself - I would then ask them if they could provide evidence through means of Screenshots/ Recording Software/Multiple Witness accounts. After collecting evidence on the player who perpetrated the bullying I would TP the player back to there location and TP the alleged Bully to the Location - I would freeze them with the Physics Gun and use !stripall (Name) and ask them a few simple questions to get a baseline

• Do you know why you are in a Staff sit currently?
  • Have you conducted yourself on the server which breaks the Community guidelines
  • Could you please explain the reason I have evidence of you breaking the Community Guidelines against bullying and harassment
  • (If no Evidence was presented) A Community member has come forward saying that you have been bullying them, Can you present evidence to debunk these claims?

I would then with the evidence I have, do !warn (steamID) Bullying and Harassment - I would then send them back to their location and tell my higher-ups about this situation and ask that this person be monitored for further actions. IF the alleged victim has lied to staff about the bullying due to the alleged Bully presenting evidence against the victim I would thank the bully for the evidence and apologise for the inconvenience and send them on their way - I would TP the Victim back and Freeze them with the Physics gun and do !stripall (VictimsID) and ask them some questions

• I've spoken to the Player and it seems he has brought forward evidence against your claims? Could you explain why?
  • Why did you lie to Staff members about the situation?
  • Do you understand the consequences of these actions?

I would then do !warn (FakeVictimID) - Lying to Staff|Wasting Staffs Time|False Claims of Bullying| - Once this is done I would ban the person for 3 Days due to them purposely lying about serious allegations and tell my superiors about the situation.

You see a higher ranking staff member abuse their powers. What do you do?:

I would not intervene but I would turn on my Shadowplay and record the Staff Member from a distance - While the Staff Member goes around abusing their powers on players I would collect as much evidence as my Hardrive can handle (It's not that big) and submit it to the Staff Manager and deal with it internally and externally due to  Community Members maybe also having information about the Staff Member in question - I would put up a Staff Report on the forums and one internally so the community could have its judgment and supply extra evidence - I would request the Staff Manager demotes the abusing Staff Member down by at least 2 Staff Ranks and gives them a 3 Month Blacklist from Staff Promotions - On Imperial Gaming we do not have patience for abusive Staff Members and I believe that after their second offence they should be removed from the Staff Team - How can you trust the people who were given Staff powers to help you if they can't be trusted themselves. But this situation brings on a moral conflict. If a Staff Member is, for example, no clipping to places because they don't want to walk, would it be correct for myself to do it for evidence? This is a tough moral question because if I was to report an abusing Staff Member, Is it fair for me to abuse my powers to prevent this Staff Member? 

Someone threatens to DDOS the server. what do you do?:

Under the Computer Misuse Act of 1990 and the Cyber Crime Act of 2001 the act of performing a Deliberate Denial of Service is a Federal Offence which means if the felon is caught they can be prosecuted under the Law - Now on Imperial Gaming if a community member comes forward with Evidence whether it be Video/Screenshots and the person was on the server I would teleport the suspect and as earlier ask him a series of baseline questions

• What are your intentions here on Imperial Gaming?
  • It has come to my attention that you have been threatening to DDOS the Imperial Gaming ImperialRP server - Evidence has been provided to back these claims up - Why would you attempt to do something like this?
  • Do you understand the act of DDOSing someone or a server is a Federal Offence?

Once these questions have been answered I would then provide the evidence to a higher ranking Staff Member and ask them to Permanently Ban the Offender even if it was a joke - Once this is complete I would report this to the Server Manager/Community Manager and make sure this person is put on a type of watchlist - Once this is complete I would make sure there were no accomplices in this operation and make sure any trace of this is removed and made sure anyone involved is Community Banned by a Higher Ranking Staff Member

Terms
I accept that I am a representative of Imperial
Gaming and that I have been given these powers to make the experience of others better. I understand that advertising my application can get it denied. I accept that I may be demoted at any time by a senior member of staff without prior warning, as long as a valid reason is given. I have read all the rules and understand them completely, if not I will ask a higher staff member for a better explanation.

Edited by Boris
Reformatte Application - Updatedhttps://imperialgamingau.invisionzone.com/topic/4428-boris-tmod-app/?do=edit# DDOS Scenario and Abusive Staff Member
  • Downvote 1
  • Upvote 2

+1 Your application is amazing and is jam-packed with detail. You are pretty active on the server and in doing so you have accumulated 2 weeks+ which is a great amount of time on the server. I have had no problems with you on IG and EG (When it was around) and don't think I ever will in future. Good luck!

• Upvote 1

-1 I don't believe you'd be a suitable mod based on my interactions with you. Before I decide to support this application would like your maturity to improve as well as your ability to deal with heated situations. I feel that you also hold grudges which definitely isn't an ideal trait to have as a moderator.

Edit: Changing to a NEUTRAL for the time being to see whether attitude & morals have legitimately changed, And so I can see over the next few weeks if there has been significant improvements from past interactions.

Edited by Splonter
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Splonter said:

-1 I don't believe you'd be a suitable mod based on my interactions with you. Before I decide to support this application would like your maturity to improve as well as your ability to deal with heated situations. I feel that you also hold grudges which definitely isn't an ideal trait to have as a moderator.

• Upvote 1

+1

Boris has demonstrated a commendable drive to change his perception by actively talking to people on Teamspeak. After speaking with him, I know now he is fit to be a moderator. I hope he will continue this attitude. Along with this, the application is one of the best, and most unique I've read.

EDIT (13/4/2019)

Your recent behaviours have been quite disappointing to be honest. You have to keep a level head when being a staff member, and if you are going to have a go at people in OOC, that doesn't show to me that you have the maturity to be a trial mod.

Neutral for now.

Edited by Max
Another change of perspecitve
  • Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Splonter said:

We haven't had any formal interactions ever since out TS argument which I would like to apologise about - I shouldn't have slandered your name on your app I would like to apologise for that - If you'd like to talk in TS now I would be more than happy to have a chat!

• Haha 1

On ‎1‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 7:46 PM, Splonter said:

EDIT: I will be changing to NEUTRAL

Edited by Galle
  • Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, Wombatiacus said:

+1 Your application is amazing and is jam-packed with detail. You are pretty active on the server and in doing so you have accumulated 2 weeks+ which is a great amount of time on the server. I have had no problems with you on IG and EG (When it was around) and don't think I ever will in future. Good luck!

+1

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, Auzii said:

+1

After I had a chat with Boris I saw another side to him and we talked and I am willing to change my response but I would like to see how his Trial Period goes as staff. So good luck and keep up with the good attitude and great work on the application side of things.

Edited by Bailey
  • Upvote 1

+1

After I had a chat with Boris I saw another side to him and we talked and I am willing to change my response but I would like to see how his Trial Period goes as staff. So good luck and keep up with the good attitude and great work on the application side of things.

Edited by Auzii
Minor Fixes
  • Upvote 1

1+

After listening to Boris and what he had to say, I saw another side of Boris. He was very apologetic for his past and how he acts in games from time to time. Would love to see how Boris goes on his Trial Period, reckon he will mature greatly.

Good Luck!

Edited by Luigi
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Auzii said:

Honestly the application is awesome and I believe that you could do fairly well. However, I have to agree with Splonter as when I first interacted with you, you became very hostile towards me when I was trying to help you so if I can know that you will be able handle situations with a different attitude then I will change my response...

Could we maybe talk about it in TS - Like maybe we can sort out some of the issues

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Max said:

+1

Boris has demonstrated a commendable drive to change his perception by actively talking to people on Teamspeak. After speaking with him, I know now he is fit to be a moderator. I hope he will continue this attitude. Along with this, the application is one of the best, and most unique I've read.

+1

• Upvote 1

+1

- Have had several pleasant interactions with Boris in the past, albeit on different servers.
- Has, to me, demonstrated maturity and proper etiquette through the way he conducts himself in RP and OOC.
- Boris is extremely active, I see him on every other day for hours at a time.

- Application is well structured and well detailed.

Good luck!

Edited by Retro
  • Upvote 1

I think Boris has taken strives to improve his relationship and image with certain people he has had issues with in past, and that to me is a pure display of responsibility and sensibility.

To me that is the key characteristic of someone who can perform well in a Moderative Position.

I +1 This Application.

• Upvote 1

+1

Despite me not been around the community for almost a year now, I know Boris deeply cares about IG and wants to serve as a moderator with dedication. From what I have seen Boris has gotten on the wrong foot with some people, however, it's his dedication to keep moving forward and take criticism that makes him stand out as a potential moderator.

• Upvote 1

On 1/17/2019 at 5:16 PM, Splonter said:

Edit: Changing to a NEUTRAL for the time being to see whether attitude & morals have legitimately changed, And so I can see over the next few weeks if there has been significant improvements from past interactions.

During my time on the server I have experienced both good and bad attributes of you as an Individual. When It comes to in character scenarios I have seen some occasions of you conducting yourself in a good and professional manner but those are outweighed by the numerous times I have seen you running around as an Engineer portraying yourself in an overly 'mingy' manner. Your application overall is reasonably detailed and shows promise but that is only a foundation and your actions need to build on that.

With regards to private messaging community members asking them to give more detail on their response, don't. This is a mild form of advertising and can risk your application being denied, be patient and go with the flow. If a user quotes a post and then puts the same reaction underneath it is due to them agreeing with the comments made within that post therefore that is their reasoning. However if you need reasoning I will provide mine below;

• Fails to portray themselves in a way that a moderator should act (on a consistent basis)
  • Advertising Application - Via Steam Message
  • In Character Interactions (witnessed personally) application has portrayed themselves in a rather mingy manner
  • Although your ban was over 12 months ago the actions surrounding it (Advertising and Poaching players for EG) is something that you shouldn't be doing and harmed the server during its roughest time. You seemed to have overcome this and haven't had any further warns since returning
  • Lacks maturity and the ability to deal with situations that would require an unbiased and level headed approach.

All of the above points are my own personal opinion, I do not see you as being a suitable candidate for a moderation position within Imperial Gaming but wish you the best of luck with your efforts. I do not dislike or have a grudge on you in any manner so do not take this as me disliking you as a person it is simply my view on this situation.

Regards

Sully

Edited by Sully
  • Upvote 1

NEUTRAL My previous experience with you hasn't been good so if i see that our interactions can improve I will change my vote to a +1. Other than that i think your application is good. In game, I have noticed you are a bit mingey although I don't think you are doing it on purpose but you need to change that before I can give you a +1.

Good luck.

-Vortex

Edited by Vortex

13 hours ago, Vortex said:

NEUTRAL My previous experience with you hasn't been good so if i see that our interactions can improve I will change my vote to a +1. Other than that i think your application is good.

Good luck.

-Vortex

Most if not all interactions and memories I have of you Boris are negative I can see by the amount of detail in your application that you are truly interested in the role nonetheless I will be leaving a Neutral leaning to -1 response on this application.

Edited by Hyperion

6 hours ago, Vortex said:

NEUTRAL My previous experience with you hasn't been good so if i see that our interactions can improve I will change my vote to a +1. Other than that i think your application is good.

Good luck.

-Vortex

6 hours ago, Sully said:

NEUTRAL

Good luck,

Sully

Hi guys, thank you for your responses. Would it be possible to have a chat in TS tonight to solve some issues?

On 1/17/2019 at 7:10 PM, Wombatiacus said:

+1 Agreed, also try to be a little more mature at times, this will strengthen your reputation

Edited by Smoke
  • Upvote 1