Wumba's EM app

Steam Name: Wumba

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:19612909

In Game Name and Rank: Janitor Wumba

Time Played (Server Time):   5 days and 2 hours.

Have you had any warns and/or bans (If so state them): 0

Have you been event master on any other servers (If so state them): yes on a server called galactic gaming it is a fairly new imperial server.

Why are you applying to be an event master: To help make events more fun for the community and to help my improv.

What can you bring to the event master team: On galactic gaming I was a head EM for some time and I made a lot of events people really seemed to enjoy and I want to bring that experience over here so we can have high quality events.

What can you do to make events more enjoyable and innovative: With my prior experience as an event master I can make long lasting exciting events that everyone can enjoy and I can plan events to be what the community likes e.g on ship passive event, off hip aggressive. 

Do you have basic knowledge of ulx commands: yes i do i know the basic ones like freeze, jail, give, bring, goto, slap, HP, armour etc.

Please fill out both event ideas and provide much detail as possible

Event Idea 1: type: aggressive. number of players: 20. 

a plague has spread over naboo and most of the inhabitants have died, gone insane or are injured and have gained a blood lust. troopers are to take out the insane gangs and save the citizens still alive. medics will have a major role in trying to find the origins of the virus and who made it. if we capture any of the insane ISB will interrogate them or we will try to psychoanalysis them. the event will end once all the citizens are safe and we have gotten as much data as possible. citizens will be put in random locations with sidearms. their HP will be set to 1500. The models the citizens will be from the sci-fi citizens content. The insane will be equipped with different weapons but they will always look for troopers or citizens. their HP will be set to 2000. Their models will be models/zyan7259/zusken_raider_player/zusken_raider_player.mdl.

Event Idea 2: type of event: passive to aggressive, number of players: 15

a group of troopers arrive on the ship with a ISB agent from another ISD sent to investigate everyone to see if they are a rebel spy. they wonder around the ship investigating troopers and officers while some of the ISB agents troopers split off and go to vital parts of the ship saying "we are preparing the area for investigation please leave the area now" they will be placing detpacks in those areas. once they are all set the troopers will leave and activate the detpacks. the ship will go to full alert while the troopers try to find out how caused the attacks. the ISB agent will either get away or they will be arrested and interrogated. once they extract all the info from the rebel ISB agent he will be PKed. The troopers will have a HP of 1500 and be equiped with  e11-d blaster rifles and a DLT-19D heavy blaster rifle. their model will be models/player/hydro/swbf_deathtrooper/swbf_deathtrooper2.mdl. the ISB agent will have 1000 HP and will be equipped with a RK3 sidearm and a e11 blaster rifle. their model will be models/player/male/trooper.mdl

Note: I cant put an image of my time because it wont show up on my screen for some reason and my laptop wont let me access my own files which sucks a hell of a lot.

Edited by Wumbaledank
2 minutes ago, Emerald said:

I honestly have no idea who you are and the application is lacking a lot of detail.

NEUTRAL until you improve upon the points above and the fact that your Event Ideas are about a few sentences long and most of the questions are answered in only one sentence. Playtime could also be better and added onto. Good luck!

5 minutes ago, Wombatiacus said:

NEUTRAL until you improve upon the points above and the fact that your Event Ideas are about a few sentences long and most of the questions are answered in only one sentence. Playtime could also be better and added onto. Good luck!

Neutral.

Hey @Wumbaledank,

While both myself and the community always like to see people applying to join our Event Master team, this application has some serious issues that must be addressed if you with for it to succeed.  While your playtime is withing the 3 day minimum, it is recommended to have at least one week playtime and to make sure that you are a known face around the community before applying.  You are also required to take a screenshot of your playtime to verify it (hold c to see it in the top right corner by default).  Your answers for the questions should be expanded upon, generally 3 sentences to a paragraph is what is done.  Try expanding by telling us things like why you want to help the community and how you can help make events more fun.  Another serious issue is your spelling, grammar and punctuation.  Many see this as a reflection of effort and by extension, your will and potential dedication to the roll.  You should also focus on expanding your event ideas, make it clear not only what the gameplay will be like for the players, but how you will run the event.  Here is a friendly tip from a retired Senior Event Master; you will only get 15 players to be EC's if the server is near the limit, try making your events use smaller numbers of event characters with a bit more variety.

Besides what is mentioned, I have had no personal problems with you, and you seem to be a nice and mature person.

All of these factors combined have lead for me to -support this application until an effort is made to address the points above, at which point this can be viewed as a +support.

Best of luck,

Goliath

31 minutes ago, Wombatiacus said:

No idea who you are though. Would recommend getting out there in the community, wether interacting in character or out.

Good Luck!

• Advisor

The application simply does not have enough detail. I've not had an interaction with you in game and while that is not necessarily a bad thing, I only have your application to go off, which just doesn't have enough detail in either the events or the answers.

Goodluck, Cecil

7 hours ago, Cecil said:

The application simply does not have enough detail. I've not had an interaction with you in game and while that is not necessarily a bad thing, I only have your application to go off, which just doesn't have enough detail in either the events or the answers.

Goodluck, Cecil

Your first event idea does seem kinda cool, but I think it would be rather hard to pull off. Still a -1 leaning towards NEUTRAL

On 1/17/2019 at 6:32 PM, Cecil said:

- Carswell

On 1/17/2019 at 2:32 PM, Cecil said:

Goodluck, Cecil

Hey Wumba few things I'd like to point out, You called galactic s new server which surprises me, secondly you where head em for like a week temporarily whilst error was on LOA, your example of event realistically appears to be much like the one you applied with on Galactic, I'd also like to contest that you have 5 days yet nobody knows you? That dosent seem to add up, You timed out every time you did an event on Galactic, and they where always genetic rebel events, This is why I will be giving this Application a BIG -1

Hey @Wumbaledank

Thank you for taking the time to apply for a spot in the Imperial Gaming Event Master team. I have read through your application and would like to take the time to adress some points that I have picked up on whilst reviewing it. First of all i would like to start with addressing the amount of detail within the application, being a reasonably newer player (as noted by your in game play time) it is especially important to ensure that your application contains a high amount of detail in order for members of the community to gauge a good understanding of you, your reasons for applying and the level of creativeness you can bring to the already talented group of Event Masters within the community. Let us start by analysing your responses to the first few initial questions asked of you;

Q1:

Spoiler

Why are you applying to be an event master: To help make events more fun for the community and to help my improv.

• With this question you have provided a rather minimalistic answer to the question asked of you, the answer provided doesn't give off the best feel in regards to your intentions for receiving the role of TEM. Yes you state you would like to help make the events more fun for the community but it would be nice if you further fleshed out your answer and thought about your overall response in an overall genuine matter (sorry if that came across harsh)

Q2:

Spoiler

What can you bring to the event master team: On galactic gaming I was a head EM for some time and I made a lot of events people really seemed to enjoy and I want to bring that experience over here so we can have high quality events.

• It is good that you brought up your prior experience which lets people know your can bring what you have learnt across to this community however some things to consider are, potentially expanding upon this point and giving an example of one of your prior events in order to give insight into your skills gained from your prior EM role. Another point to consider is that you have only listed 1 thing that you can bring to the Event Master team, In order to allow your application  to stand out from the rest you need to sell yourself, this means listing off all your skills and attributes that could make you stand out from the rest as a potential candidate for the position.

Q3:

Spoiler

What can you do to make events more enjoyable and innovative: With my prior experience as an event master I can make long lasting exciting events that everyone can enjoy and I can plan events to be what the community likes e.g on ship passive event, off hip aggressive. 

• Again it is good referencing your previous EM experience to allow for explanation on what you think you could do however to me the ideas you have listed show no real backing, yes you could make longer lasting events that everyone can enjoy but explain how, yes you can plan events to be what the community likes but explain how. What I am trying to say is this, you need to work on attempting to flesh out your responses in order to provide detailed and informative answers that when a user reads it they will go "Wow, this guy sounds like he has some good ideas". This will also help your application to further stand out from the rest.

Q4:

Spoiler

Do you have basic knowledge of ulx commands: yes i do i know the basic ones like freeze, jail, give, bring, goto, slap, HP, armour etc.

• This one isn't as big of a deal as when your are in the postition of TEM you will be taught the commands needed in order to successfully run events, however prior knowledge is always handy. Just wanted to point out however, above you stated that you were the head EM on Galactic Gaming for a period of time so surely you must know more than just those basic ULX commands? I find it difficult to see how you would know only the basic ULX commands yet hold a position such as Head EM.

Onto the event examples...

EE1:

Spoiler

Event Idea 1: type: aggressive. number of players: 20. 

a plague has spread over naboo and most of the inhabitants have died, gone insane or are injured and have gained a blood lust. troopers are to take out the insane gangs and save the citizens still alive. medics will have a major role in trying to find the origins of the virus and who made it. if we capture any of the insane ISB will interrogate them or we will try to psychoanalysis them. the event will end once all the citizens are safe and we have gotten as much data as possible. citizens will be put in random locations with sidearms. their HP will be set to 1500. The models the citizens will be from the sci-fi citizens content. The insane will be equipped with different weapons but they will always look for troopers or citizens. their HP will be set to 2000. Their models will be models/zyan7259/zusken_raider_player/zusken_raider_player.mdl.

• I feel as if the event is alright in the sense that you have a semi original plot line that shows rather good potential for the event however i feel as if this idea was rather rushed and not entirely well thought out in terms of the overall execution of things. For starters the Event is lacking detail which provides for further description of the plot line (eg. Phases, consideration for alternate endings etc) these are important things to consider as a lot of the times an event will not run as smoothly as jotted down on paper so it is up to the TEM to plan and consider for things that may go wrong and be ready to adapt their initial idea to suit the events that unfold. Another point to raise is the number of players, although this seems like a reasonable amount of players to need for this kind of event idea you need to think of practicality, the likely hood of you being able to rally up 20 players to play the roles of event characters (almost 1 sixth of the server population, assuming the server is maxed out at the time which is unlikely due to the recent implementation of the CWRP server) a better idea is to mabye only have the major charecter roles requiring actual users and using NPC's to complete the tasks of the other roles.

EE2:

Spoiler

Event Idea 2: type of event: passive to aggressive, number of players: 15

a group of troopers arrive on the ship with a ISB agent from another ISD sent to investigate everyone to see if they are a rebel spy. they wonder around the ship investigating troopers and officers while some of the ISB agents troopers split off and go to vital parts of the ship saying "we are preparing the area for investigation please leave the area now" they will be placing detpacks in those areas. once they are all set the troopers will leave and activate the detpacks. the ship will go to full alert while the troopers try to find out how caused the attacks. the ISB agent will either get away or they will be arrested and interrogated. once they extract all the info from the rebel ISB agent he will be PKed. The troopers will have a HP of 1500 and be equiped with  e11-d blaster rifles and a DLT-19D heavy blaster rifle. their model will be models/player/hydro/swbf_deathtrooper/swbf_deathtrooper2.mdl. the ISB agent will have 1000 HP and will be equipped with a RK3 sidearm and a e11 blaster rifle. their model will be models/player/male/trooper.mdl

• Again, same feedback as the previous example. Main cause for concern is the overall lack of detail the example possesses, consider reviewing previously accepted TEM applications to see the amount of detail that is liked in order to properly show the full potential of a perspective EM. 

Another point i would like to bring up:

Upon a simple search of your STEAMID i was able to fine that you made an Event Master Application in the past which was rejected for Lacking Detail and multiple comments were given to you as feedback on that application (https://goo.gl/BEwAt2) showing that you have not listened to any of the feedback that was provided to you as this application contains the same amount of detail as your last showing a lack of real time, effort and desire for receiving the role.

the overall formatting of your application as in its current state it is rather hard to read properly due to the entirety of the text being coloured blue and the grey boxes surrounding the vast majority of the text. For formatting assistance and ways to fix formatting errors such as the grey boxes view the below thread;

Positive Note:

I spoke with the Community Manager and Owner over at Galactic Gaming to verify that you did indeed hold the position of Head Event Master within their community, and was please to see that you did and to quote him "He has done some pretty good events in the past. He follows the rules and any guidelines" which to me shows that you have the potential to do great things for the Event Master Team however this is not reflected within your application. However may it be noted that it was stated you only held this position for the duration of 1 week.

Due to the points listed above through my over extensive hypo-analysis of your application I will be giving you a -1. I strongly suggest that you take the feedback given on this application into account and make adjustments in order to improve your chances and show off your overall ability better. I wish you all the best with your endeavours in becoming a member of the Imperial Gaming Event Master team and hope to see you around. Please note my comments are a reflection of my own thoughts and opinions and in no way reflect or portray the opinions of the IG Staff Team or any the other members  within the community.

Sincerely,

Sully

Edited by Sully
  • Welshy locked this topic