In Game Name: [SK/RT] Matrix

In Game Rank: Warrior

In Game Regiment: Sith Marauders

Time Played Imperial RP (Server Time/Screenshot evidence): May 12th:6w 5d 07h

C049A7B8074B45348203847716524F6A99DC2288 

Applicants History & Reasons

Have you had any warns (If so state them): No

Have you had any bans (If so state them): No

Have you been staff on any other servers or communities (If so state them): (Newest to oldest) I am not currently a staff member on any other server or game.

Galactic Networks- Founder

Dire Wolf Servers- Admin

Salvation Servers- Staff Manager

Tempest Gaming- Head Admin

Oracle Network- Moderator

Altitude Gaming- Head Admin

What do you believe is the purpose of Moderators on the server:

A Moderator’s primary purpose is to ensure everyone on the server is having an enjoyable time on the server at all times as well as upholding the rules put in place by management. Moderators exist to actively monitor and cater to the player’s needs whether it be something as simple as requesting for a ship or something as severe as dealing with an individual that decides to go on a killing spree for no apparent reason. It is also a moderator’s job to act as a role model for all other players by respecting others as well as demonstrating qualities that all players should aspire to at all times.

Why are you applying to be a Trial Moderator: After being on the server for a few months now I have thoroughly enjoyed just about every minute of it. During this time I have also seen many people with malicious intent to ruin other people's experience and 99% of the time it is dealt with almost immediately by a member of the staff team. I would like to be given the opportunity to help others to experience the same enjoyment as I have for every moment of their time on the server as they deserve rather than it be ruined or tarnished by those who decide to break the rules.

What do you believe you can bring to the staff team: I believe that I can bring a dedicated and active member of the community with a positive and non biased attitude to the staff team. I believe I am able to be someone who is helpful and friendly regardless of the situation in order to better the community’s overall experience on the server and off the server, whether that be through any means of communication such as Discord or Teamspeak.

Scenarios

Someone Mass RDM’s and disconnects from the server. What do you do?: I immediately go through logs to see who that individual affected and go to them so I can gain a better understanding of the situation as well as request if they have any form of evidence such as screenshots or video to prove what they have said. Once I have spoken to all the victims and gathered as much evidence as I can I immediately warn the perpetrator for Mass RDM as well as disconnecting to avoid punishment before going to a higher ranking staff member to seek guidance based on the verdict I gave them to ensure it was fair as well as to inform them of the situation.

Someone is bullying another member of the community. What do you do?:

Bullying is not tolerated on the server and never will be. I would kindly request to speak to them through teamspeak or in some form of communication which cannot be heard by any other players. I would then get them to tell their side of the story whilst trying to be as calm and supportive as I can. I would then request if they had any form of evidence to support their story in order to give a just punishment to the accused. After this I would immediately contact the accused and confront them with any evidence I was provided and explain to them what this user has said and that bullying is not tolerated in the community. After this I would warn them for player disrespect as well as monitor him over the next week or so as well as speak to the victim to ensure the bullying has been stopped.

You see a higher ranking staff member abuse their powers. What do you do?:

I would Immediately gather evidence of said staff member via video evidence or screenshots who is abusing their powers whilst attempting to remain unnoticed, preventing them from trying to avoid me. I would then contact a member of management or if necessary, wolf to brief them on the situation as well as provide them the evidence I have collected so that the abusive staff member may receive a just punishment based on their actions.

Someone threatens to DDOS the server. what do you do?:

I would Immediately gather evidence of the player threatening the server rather than immediately banning him in order to prevent provoking the user to take drastic action. I would then warn that user and speak to him/her explaining to them how serious this threat is as it is not only against the server rules but illegal and that it could result in them being permanently banned. Finally I would contact a senior staff member and explain the situation and seek guidance regarding if they should have a stricter punishment or not.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Things you can and cannot do/rules:

1. You may bump your application every 7 days after the last bump/post by a user (1 week)

2. Any user may provide feedback by +1 and or -1 your application along with constructive criticism/feedback as long as it's not personally attacking the applicant or another member of the community.

3. Advertising your application in OOC, chat box, personally telling people and any sort of social media will lead to your application being denied for minimum 3 weeks.

4. Failing to answer questions can lead to your app being denied.

5. False information can lead to your application being denied.

6. Failing to meet the requirements can lead to either your app being put on hold or denied.

7. 5 or more warnings and your application will be denied immediately.

8. Must have at least 1 week on the server before applying.

9. Must have less than 2 bans to apply (Depending on the situation).

10. You may not increase the font size of the application above size 14 except the title which may be size 24.

11. Please be considerate of others when using colours in your application, all answers must be left in white.

12. Remember that your application is a reflection of yourself, your professionalism and maturity. Not showing professionalism and maturity in your application will lead to it being denied.

13. If your application is denied you may not apply for Trial Moderator for 2 weeks minimum.

Terms

I accept that I am a representative of Imperial Gaming, and that I have been given these powers to make the experience of others better. I understand that advertising my application can get it denied. I accept that I may be demoted at any time by a senior member of staff without prior warning, as long as a valid reason is given. I have read all the rules and understand them completely, if not I will ask a higher staff member for a better explanation.

Edited by Matrix
  • Upvote 1

+1 I have not had any bad interactions with you in-game and out of game, you always seem to be in a good mood and always stay positive under difficult circumstances. Your application has a lot of detail and is nicely formatted with not many grammar mistakes insight. You are very active on the server and have a great playtime overall. I'd be surprised if you don't get the role as you seem to be a good suit for it. Good luck!

• Upvote 1

Absolutely massive +1, I managed Matrix along with other staff on Direwolf Servers and he was one of the most active and hard working staff members that a server could ask for. He was always looking for ways to improve the server and that past experience along with his community experience make him deserving of this role.

• Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...

**Bump**

Updated Ingame Playtime from 3W6D to 4W1D

Updated Ingame name and rank

I'd once again like to say thank you to everyone who has left a response on my application.

Edited by Matrix
  • Advisor

Huge +1.

I have never once had a bad experience with Matrix. Not even a slight "mm that was a bit questionable" moment. I have absolutely no doubts that he would make a stellar moderator.

• Mature
  • Respectful
  • Very involved in RP
  • Clear communicator
  • Takes his tasks very seriously

Good luck mate.

• Upvote 1
On ‎3‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 8:30 PM, Rook said:

Huge +1.

I have never once had a bad experience with Matrix. Not even a slight "mm that was a bit questionable" moment. I have absolutely no doubts that he would make a stellar moderator.

• Mature
  • Respectful
  • Very involved in RP
  • Clear communicator

Good luck mate.

• Upvote 1

+1 Matrix is not only very level headed and calm which i think would be great when dealing with certain people in sits, but also has a lot of past staff experience and i think that shows that he knows what he is doing and should know the rules of being a staff member 

Goodluck Matrix

• Upvote 1

+1
Matrix consistently show's the necessary attributes that align with being a good staff member  
- Level headed in a stressful situation both IC and OOC
- Approachable
- Unbias
-  Willingness to listen to both sides 
Overall steller guy and would make an outstanding member of the staff team 

• Upvote 1
On 3/12/2019 at 6:00 PM, Rook said:

Huge +1.

• Mature
  • Respectful
  • Very involved in RP
  • Clear communicator

Good luck mate.

Sums it all up nicely, +1 from me for my fellow marauder

• Upvote 1
  • Cecil locked this topic