Dirthi's Trial Moderator Application

Steam Details

Steam Name: Dirthi

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:31712824

Steam Profile link: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198023691377/

In Game Details

In Game Name: Dirthi

In Game Rank: Lieutenant Colonel  (Lieutenant Colonel Equiv.)

In Game Regiment: Imperial Security Bureau 

Time Played (Server Time/Screenshot evidence): 3 weeks, 0 days, 20 hours

8b908e26c9.jpg

Applicants History & Reasons

Have you had any warns (If so state them): No

Have you had any bans (If so state them): No

Have you been staff on any other servers or communities (If so state them): No, this is the first server I have actually actively played on in gmod, and the only one.

What do you believe is the purpose of Moderators on the server: The purpose of moderators and admins respectively is to keep the peace between all players and staff. They serve to keep everyone as happy as possible and work out any kind of disagreement between anyone. I’ve been watching the staff team closely these last few days and see what they do mainly. They have to deal with stressed or angry players, who aren’t having the most enjoyable experience, OR players that don’t necessarily even want to partake in what’s happening (Mingers, RDMers, etc.). In order to deal with said people, moderators have to be patient, and make sure they listen to both sides of the stories, and try find a middle ground between players. Patience is the main thing when dealing with someone who is annoyed or agitated, or just trying to annoy the moderator.

Why are you applying to be a Trial Moderator: I enjoy playing on this server, and enjoy the people who play alongside with me more. I feel like I’ve met a substantial amount of different kinds of people that play on this server, whether they be new or experienced, and have made friends that will last even outside the confines of the gmod server. In saying that, I want to be able to do more for the community that I adore so much, and being a Trial Moderator will let me help other players enjoy the server to the extent that I have. I believe I have the patience stated prior to engage in trying to assist in arguments within the server, and think that my current course of study will be reflected in the things that happen. Although I haven’t had any experience prior to holding any sort of power in a gmod server, I have been given privileges in other things, such as; two discord servers with over 500 members, I currently hold a Moderator position, and have for a few months now, which goes to show that I can be trusted with some sort of power.

What do you believe you can bring to the staff team: I believe personally that I am active, trustworthy, loyal and hilarious. I’m definitely a people’s person and enjoy working through people’s problems, which is reflected in my choice of after school study; Psychology. Personally I admire the moderator and administrative teams, and want to help them keep the order within the server. Over the past couple weeks on the server I feel like I can bring a lot more to the server than just my RolePlay. After seeing a few of my friends achieve Trial Moderator and my CO being a full Moderator, I realised that Trial Moderator could be something that helps me feel like I’m giving back to the IG Community. I love achieving resolutions in people’s problems, and enjoy helping them through their ups and downs, which is why I think I’d be a good staff member.

Scenarios

Someone Mass RDM’s and disconnects from the server. What do you do?: I would make sure I’m 100% certain that the RDM was indeed RDM by asking the victims of said RDM, after realising the offender has disconnected,I would gather the perpetrators SteamID and issue out a warn for RDM. After I have given the warning I would check their previous warnings and see if this person is a repeat offender, if they were, I would either 1; take it to a more experienced Moderator/Admin that is online and seek advice for what course of action I should take, if it’s a serious case, hand out a small ban ranging from 24 hours - a few days.

Someone is bullying another member of the community. What do you do?: I would bring both the bully and the victim together and talk them through what happened. Having being a prefect at my school, I have had to do this before in real life, so I would make sure not to take a side and try hear both sides of the story. I would also ask if either one of them had any recording or screenshots of what was said, and if I could see them. I would try to achieve a neutral standpoint in the whole scenario and not let the bully leave the sit until he/she understands that the server carries a strict no-bullying policy. If the bully however does not understand after a substantial amount of effort, I would issue out a warn for Player Disrespect, and remain there trying to explain how what they did was bullying, and why Imperial Gaming will not accept that kind of behaviour.

You see a higher ranking staff member abuse their powers. What do you do?: I would firstly PM them in game asking them what they were doing, and if they think that it’s appropriate for what they’re currently doing. If they don’t reply or acknowledge my in-game PM, I would ‘poke’ them on teamspeak and let them know what they’re doing isn’t necessary to achieve what they’re doing. If that doesn’t result in any conclusion of the abuse, I would toggle my screen capture software to record what is happening, and inform an Admin/Super Admin of the entire scenario, what I saw the perpetrator doing, and how I could’ve handled the situation differently.

Someone threatens to DDOS the server. what do you do?: Firstly I would inform either an Admin or Super Admin by PM in-game or a Poke on TeamSpeak, and start my screen record to capture everything they’re saying.Then I would bring this person making threats to me and ask why they’re making said threats in the first place. If they refuse to work with me by ignoring my questions or just being a ‘minge’, I would hand them out a warning for making threats against the server, and monitor what they do in the near future, while also letting higher ups know what they had done involving the threats.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Things you can and cannot do/rules:

1. You may bump your application every 7 days after the last bump/post by a user (1 week)

2. Any user may provide feedback by +1 and or -1 your application along with constructive criticism/feedback as long as it's not personally attacking the applicant or another member of the community.

3. Advertising your application in OOC, chat box, personally telling people and any sort of social media will lead to your application being denied for minimum 3 weeks.

4. Failing to answer questions can lead to your app being denied.

5. False information can lead to your application being denied.

6. Failing to meet the requirements can lead to either your app being put on hold or denied.

7. 5 or more warnings and your application will be denied immediately.

8. Must have at least 1 week on the server before applying.

9. Must have less than 2 bans to apply (Depending on the situation).

10. You may not increase the font size of the application above size 14 except the title which may be size 24.

11. Please be considerate of others when using colours in your application, all answers must be left in white.

12. Remember that your application is a reflection of yourself, your professionalism and maturity. Not showing professionalism and maturity in your application will lead to it being denied.

13. If your application is denied you may not apply for Trial Moderator for 2 weeks minimum.

Terms

I accept that I am a representative of Imperial Gaming, and that I have been given these powers to make the experience of others better. I understand that advertising my application can get it denied. I accept that I may be demoted at any time by a senior member of staff without prior warning, as long as a valid reason is given. I have read all the rules and understand them completely, if not I will ask a higher staff member for a better explanation.

Edited by Dirthi
Updating Rank and Time
  • Upvote 1

+1

• I have known Dirthi for quite a long time now and I have to say he can be serious when need be, however he can have fun when he wants.
  • Good Application
  • Semi-Active
  • Could do well with T-Mod

Goodluck!

- Auzii

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Auzii said:

+1

• I have known Dirthi for quite a long time now and I have to say he can be serious when need be, however he can have fun when he wants.
  • Good Application
  • Semi-Active

Goodluck!

- Auzii

19 minutes ago, Auzii said:

+1

• Good Application
  • Semi-Active

Goodluck!

HUGE +1, Goodluck mate.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Shepard said:

Neutral

Good guy, just been a bit inactive, once I see you on more I'll happily change to +1.

I can explain my recent absence, I was overseas for a couple weeks on holidays, my activity is slowly picking back up again. :)

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Auzii said:

+1

• Good Application
  • Semi-Active

Goodluck!

- Auzii

^^^

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Auzii said:

+1

• Good Application
  • Semi-Active

Goodluck!

- Auzii

• Like 1
13 hours ago, Auzii said:

+1

• Good Application
  • Semi-Active

Goodluck!

- Auzii

• Like 1
13 hours ago, Auzii said:

+1

• Good Application
  • Semi-Active

Goodluck!

- Auzii

On 1/9/2019 at 8:38 PM, Auzii said:

+1

• Good Application
  • Semi-Active

Goodluck!

- Auzii

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/9/2019 at 5:38 PM, Auzii said:

+1

• Good Application
  • Semi-Active

Goodluck!

- Auzii

Could be a bit more active, but that's fine

Good Luck!

BUMP BUMP BUMP

Thanks heaps to whoever even reads my application, feels good knowing people take the time out of their day to read what I've put, so, appreciate it and you. <3

On 1/9/2019 at 5:38 PM, Auzii said:

+1

• Good Application
  • Semi-Active

Goodluck!

- Auzii

+1 Good luck

+1

• Good Application
  • Semi-Active

Goodluck!

- Auzii

added actual feedback on the next page :)

Edited by Mord
  • 2 weeks later...

+1

• Good Application
  • Semi-Active

Goodluck!

- Auzii

Massive +1. This sums you up very well.

-Good Luck

-Vortex

+1

• He can be serious when need be, however he can have fun when he wants.
  • Good Application
  • Semi-Active

+1

Good Luck!

• Like 1
  • Cecil locked this topic