Backstory Clarification

Hey,

I was not too sure as to where to post this thread as I did not want to post it in the backstories section which so far contains only backstories. My question I had was is there a limit to the background of a backstory, by that I mean can you generate things that are currently not in lore to build the background of your character if made sure that they do not affect or conflict with pre existing StarWars Lore. For example if I was to generate a group of people, a town, and language and a faith etc would that be allowed within my characters backstory?

Asking this as I wish to work on my characters backstory whilst on holiday and thought I’d seek clarification on this point before implementing my ideas which are quite extensive and draw off of a culmination of dystopian shows/movies that I have ultimately merged into my own ideas.

Sincerely,

Sully

Edited by Sully

This is certainly an interesting question. I believe this would work out... I've seen many people create backstories that include made-up towns, characters, and situations that are not currently noted in StarWars Lore yet. So I guess it would be considered OK to do in your backstory. I think going too far when you bring up something crazy like Sith, Jedi and a completely new faction. That's something that shouldn't happen unless spoken about or mentioned in Lore. Stuff like towns, characters/people and maybe planets should be allowed as long as it doesn't fully affect the natural path of Lore that is created by StarWars. I may be right or I may be wrong, it's just my opinion on the matter and I fully think you should be able to do this on a small scale. I'd just wait until a higher up tells you otherwise.

The rules really need to be updated or added upon sooner or later.

21 minutes ago, Wombatiacus said:

I think going too far when you bring up something crazy like Sith, Jedi and a completely new faction. That's something that shouldn't happen unless spoken about or mentioned in Lore. Stuff like towns, characters/people and maybe planets should be allowed as long as it doesn't fully affect the natural path of Lore that is created by StarWars.

I would ensure my ideas work around pre existing lore elements and do not clash with them. They’re all nothing too extravagant, mainly just an isolated group of tribes that live separate from civilisation and a deemed savages that follow their own traditions and religion and speak partly in their own language. The ideas will be used to create pre text into my characters demeanour and overall personality and will serve as a start to the story prior to the interactions he encountered with the Empire.

Edited by Sully
  • Upvote 1

@Department

yeah I have plans to integrate some star wars lore to make the foundations and justification for my ideas I’m looking to implement. As well as adding some ‘chapters’ to the lore to add further depth to it all.

@Bailey

yeah I thought that was the case just wanted to ensure management or staff had no objections to it before I pour all time and effort into it.

• Advisor

Making stuff up is always a fun thing to do with the vast universe of Star Wars. Endless possibilities with only your imagination being the boundaries. As previously stated though, it shouldn't be too over the top as it may turn your character into a Mary Sue.

Take this for an example of what you shouldn't do.

"Krishna Mu'rthy was born on the lowest level of Coruscant. He learned to fight during his time on Coruscant and has excelled in all types of combat including saber wielding. He managed to climb up all 5127 levels of Coruscant with his sheer excellence in fighting. He was then adopted and raised by a Fallen Jedi Knight who he then killed, taking the lightsaber for himself. He then joined the New Separatist Order. After only weeks in the order, he overthrew the previous leader and took his place as leader of the New Separatist Order. He is now in the Empire as a New Separatist spy."