Ragnar's Trial EM application

Ragnar

Steam Name: [IG] Ragnar

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:1302391

In Game Name and Rank: Master Operative Ragnar Lo'thar

Time Played (Server Time):  1w 6d 3h 10m

Have you had any warns and/or bans (If so state them): I have not had any warns or bans on the server.

Have you been event master on any other servers (If so state them): I have been an event master on Geetly's Clone Wars RP as well as owning and running my own server's events.

Why are you applying to be an event master: My time on the server has made me aware of the fact that more quality events are needed than we currently have. In order to help with creating a better roleplay environment for the community, I have decided to apply for the event master team. My interests on the server align with keeping a fun roleplay experience for the community as a whole all while allowing others to have their moments of serious rp. I have always thought that creating the experiences that are memorable years in the future are one of the most important aspects of any community, I feel that the only way that we can progress further to this ideal and excel the community's growth further is if we as a community get a stronger amount of EMs that are dedicated to this idea. As such I believe that I can help with this ideal and attempt to create the same sense that I had from servers past that have done this succesfully. I have been with this community for a long time and feel that I can give back to it in these regards.

What can you bring to the event master team: In the past, I have helped run events on other servers and have been successful in my end goal which has always remained the same. While I may be an American, I feel passionate about this community and want to bring as much dedication as I can possibly give. I will give it my all when it comes to providing the best experiences possible in events and I don't want to create cookie cutter "filler events" that end with members of the community groaning and complaining everytime an event happens. I want to bring excitement when the "No more tryouts/training" text comes up. I feel that if I were able to become a trial EM, I would be able to show that I am more than capable at creating this feeling for everyone in the community. In addition to having almost 4000 hours in this god forsaken gamemode, I have had experience with writing roleplay experiences outside of Garry's mod. In my past time, I frequently am a DM for a group of friends that has an entire universe surrounding it. I have worked with other DMs creating this universe and providing roleplay for others. I hope that I will be able to take these aspects of teamwork and apply them to this community as an EM. I have also had numerous amounts of hours in heavy roleplay regiments, as both a member of Navy and ISB. This allows me to know what to add that wouldn't exclude any branch of the server.

What can you do to make events more enjoyable and innovative: Like I stated before, I don't want to make cookie cutter events. As such I feel that the only way that I won't fall into that pattern is if I created a storyline of my own. I would make it one of my top priorities as an EM, with approval from the higher ups, to create an immersive campaign of such with that would allow players to follow a clear story and direction and be excited for the next part. I know that most of the time that these campaigns dissolve into chaos, but I would also bring organization to these campaigns. I plan to do this by posting on the forums, in character, what has happened as well as possibly working with others to create hints at future events. Among all else, I will attempt to follow my montra and always try to create memorable events.

Do you have basic knowledge of ulx commands: Yes, I have worked with ULX before as staff and as an EM on other servers.

Anything else you would like to add: As earlier stated, I am American. This should not be a problem, as my activity shows over the past 4 months, with activty and I plan on letting others know if I do have to prepare for something else.

Please fill out both event ideas and provide much detail as possible

Event Idea 1: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1PhtuZWECx34Mvzf2kGJ6I2H1YMhuQkfv9_PVGHGa320/edit?usp=sharing

Event Idea 2: https://docs.google.com/document/d/17hwp56QU_DoNjlYaq8jajnE5QtW_FiTyUnnbQNe7gP0/edit?usp=sharing

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Terms of applying:
1. You may bump your application every 7 days after the last bump/post (1 week)
2. Any user may provide feedback by +1 and or -1 your application
3. Advertising your application in OOC, chat box, personally telling people and any sort of social media will lead to your application deny
4. Failing to answer questions can lead to your app being denied
5. False information can lead to your application being denied
6. Failing to meet the requirements can lead to either your app being put on hold or denied
7. Must have more than 3 days on the server
8. To Clarify, you do NOT need to know the basic ULX commands however we prefer you learn before being accepted.
9. Asking for help from staff and/or past staff members will result in your application being denied, to avoid this you may look over accepted event apps to use as inspiration but not copied.

Agreement:
I accept that I am a representative of Imperial Gaming, and that I have been given these powers to make the experience of others better. I understand that advertising my application can get it denied. I accept that I may be demoted at any time by a senior member of staff without prior warning, as long as a valid reason is given. I have read all the rules and understand them completely, if not I will ask a higher staff member for a better explanation.

• Upvote 2

+1

- Good Application

- Good Intentions

- Mature and trustworthy

- Past Experience

- Event ideas are interesting but could use more detail (map, characters, phases, etc)

All interactions with Ragnar, he has acted very responsible and maturely. The Event Masters are looking for new members, and I feel like Ragnar would do excellent if given the opportunity

• Retired Veteran

Hello Ragnar.

Positives.

- Mature and Friendly.

- Active.

- Has past experience.

- Great Intentions.

- Has some innovative ideas in mind.

Negatives.

- Events might need a bit more detail.

Overall, Ragnar would be a fantastic addition to the EM team. I am particularly excited in seeing these campaigns that he might make if he does achieve the Trial Event Master role, with his Dungeon Master experience. 

+1

+1

Hey @Ragnar,

Thank you for taking the time to create an application in order become an Event Master within the Imperial Gaming community. I have taken the time to read through your application and have left my thoughts below.

Positives:

• Active

• Mature

• Trustworthy

• Intentions seem pure

• Overall good application

Negatives:

• Event ideas although unique lack certain areas (eg. map, charecters and phase explanation) in addition event one although intriguing for the setup of the plot line offers no real RP for regiments other than Navy, ISB and Engineers besides the acquiring of the parts.

I have had the pleasure of working alongside Ragnar for the duration of several weeks now and during this time he has displayed several key qualities that would serve well alongside the Event Master role such as a high level of professionalism, keenness to participate and create role play scenarios, displays of trust and mature just to name a few. Ragnars events show great potential for a well developed plot line that could spawn a multitude of events in order to achieve a overarching goal and I believe with correct mentor from the pre existing EM’s that Ragnar could become a valuable member of the EM lineup. Good luck.

Sincerily

Sully

Changing to NEUTRAL due to comment made by @Emerald stating Ragnar was caught point farming, such actions is against server rules and is not the behaviour that a EM should display

Edited by Sully

• Retired Veteran

A smile was put on my face when I saw this post Ragnar :). +1

You've proven to me time and time again the upstanding, funny, trustworthy and honourable person you are. You've demonstrated through PM's during my events that you understand how events work and overall I think you'd make a fantastic addition to the EM team, particularly if you can pull those campaigns off.

However, as many people have said before, while the event ideas are good, the events themselves needed to be fleshed out a little bit more which I'm sure you're capable of.

Regardless, a strong +1.

-Cecil

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Cecil said:

You've proven to me time and time again the upstanding, funny, trustworthy and honourable person you are. You've demonstrated through PM's during my events that you understand how events work and overall I think you'd make a fantastic addition to the EM team, particularly if you can pull those campaigns off.

However, as many people have said before, while the event ideas are good, the events themselves needed to be fleshed out a little bit more which I'm sure you're capable of.

Regardless, a strong +1.

-Cecil

5 hours ago, Cecil said:

Regardless, a strong +1.

-Cecil

5 hours ago, Cecil said:

Regardless, a strong +1.

-Cecil

Great member of the community and good application +1 ~ Hyperion

+1

-Active

-Mature

-Friendly

-Well made Application

I could keep on going but this will suffice.

Ragnar I haven't known you for the longest time but for the time I have known you you've been friendly, helpful and in my opinion, would be a great candidate for event master.

Best of Luck,

-Matrix

-First two questions-

Aim for concision(shortness).

-Why are you applying to be an EM?-

I’m not exactly sure what was your key point here but you’re clearly orbiting around the significance of an EM. What I’m absorbing from your response is that you’ve adopted a sort of spokesperson perspective, representing the EM’s. I would rather enjoy reading the direct impact an EM has on you, not the impacts on the community and others. In all honesty, I don’t like this response- your attitude is too self-centered. Using “I” frequently is supposed to be paired with personal influences, not collective impacts/movements. Your points are also relatively weak, read it and you’ll see that it does not address the question to yourself but instead to the community-> what I mean is that you’re interpreting the question like this: “What are the impacts of EM on the community”. However, it’s good to see an attempt of profound research into this role.

-What can you bring to the staff team?-

Again, you are merely skidding on the question. Keywords are “what” and “you”. You may address ‘you’ in some questions, but you’re not addressing “what”. “What” essentially means explain and provide evidence, you just bring up past experience with crafting events. I find it vexing to see people state they’ll stop any “groaning and complaining”, but you don’t exactly tell me how. This is like a School Captain speech, utterly exaggerated. You need to stop attempting to lean towards your past experience as a leading argument, it’s not good enough, you need to foreshadow ideas from your two events. Likewise again, your attitude is pretty arrogant. Aim for your skills/qualifications, not just your past. Saying that you “will give it your all” is not good enough.

-What can you do to make events more enjoyable and innovative?-

This is better, you should’ve incorporated your points in here in your skills/qualification, this question is stupid and is a repeat of the previous one. If you do utilise any of my feedback, remember to make it coherent and clear.

-EVENT1-

Starting off your event struggles with the bridge between imagination and practicality. Essentially your key parts in the event are imaginative. Having players pretend this equipment is defective as well as damaging to the ear it pretty far fetched. You also have potential medical troopers that are completely shitfaced by this. Then you attempt to twist the event with the equipment being disguised murder weapons, but who honestly cares? Unless troopers are dying(which I’m assuming was not your plan) spontaneously, then it has no entertainment value.

Then ISB/Navy would be told to track down it’s exported location, yadi yadi yah. You fight rebels, the end.

1. Why would the rebels take such a risk in delivering equipment to the Empire, knowing that they’re trackable? I don’t think you’ve considered the logic needed to make a sensible event.

2. The only time the entirety of the server is involved is when they obtain their equipment and when they fight rebels. How do you expect the server to roleplay ear rape?

3. This doesn’t sound like a realistic method of attack from rebels. I don’t know, hearing damage that results in death doesn’t sound realistic. Whatever.

This plot seems pretty far-fetched from its roots, this is Empire vs Rebels, not techno-terrorist vs society. I don’t enjoy this event, it’s just the idea that it doesn’t feel authentic in the Star Wars Universe. It also evidently results in another pvp brawl which is pretty cliche. I don’t mind pvp brawls, it’s just how you brought up this battle is pretty poor in my opinion.

Try to maintain on the lines of SWRP and try not to make pretend rp a large part in your event. If I were Navy or an Engineer, I wouldn’t enjoy being forced into pretending. Who knows, it’s up to the community really.

-EVENT2-

No, this is awful, I’m sorry but it has to be said. YOU CAN’T MAKE AN EVENT ENTERTAINING IF IT’S CONFINED BETWEEN NAVY/ISB AND ANOTHER RP CHARACTER. This seems to be opposite of your statement of saying that your events aren’t created for yourself. I’m assuming you would be this “Spymaster”, seems pretty contradictory. Your beginning of Part 2 is not necessarily bad, it’s just not fun. Imagine you being excluded from a major part of an event. And besides, not everything has to do with the Navy/ISB. These regiments are just intelligence, not like the FBI or CIA… Also having a ship battle seems pretty unperformable, I’ve never seen a ship battle pulled off successfully.

Ok, you’re clearly struggling with the idea of film and garry’s mod. Your plot may be successful in a film, but definitely not in a G-Mod server. No way could this be fun to watch on a video game. Your event is more of which a protagonist vs antagonist.

Overall, I didn’t like this application. Your attitude emits arrogance and you fail to uphold your statements. You need to alter your writing to be less monumental(not like a Presidency speech) and you have to rewrite your entire event. I guarantee this would not be enjoyable to make and to play. You will not end the “groaning and complaining” with this event. I’m sorry, but I just have to say it. I don't think you should be in the Event Master team.

• Welshy locked this topic