Kristofer's Event Master Application

Kristofer

• Retired Veteran

Steam Name: x3j50

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:59558371

In Game Name and Rank: Acting Agent Kristofer (Officer Cadet)

Time Played (Server Time): 1 Week, 2 Days, 21 hours, 8 Minutes, and 55 Seconds.

image.png.0e472b95e97a2a74d953987bf079e11c.png

Have you had any warns and/or bans (If so state them): No warns, nor bans.

Have you been event master on any other servers (If so state them): Negative

Why are you applying to be an event master: With the little time I've been in the Imperial Gaming community, I've grown to love the community and Star Wars RP. I've had so many great experiences and have encountered many amazing moments on the server and I want to contribute and involve myself more towards the server and the community. If I were to pick between Moderator and Event Master, I would choose Event Master. From past experiences, I have seen that events can bring so much joy into a dull session, a singular event can give so much fun to the entire server and make the players interact with each other. These certain feelings are what I want to, at the very least, try to give to the server. I want to fill the time gap of despair, the time when absolutely nothing happens and people eventually disconnect out of boredom. Times where things get rather unEventful, I wish to give the people something to do. Creating enjoyable events and fantastic RP experiences for the community is what I most wish for, if I were to be accepted.

Moderators are there to make sure players can have fun on the server. Event Masters are there to make sure players get to have fun.

What can you bring to the event master team: I can be active for a rather unhealthy amount of time when I'm not busy. I have incredibly minimal minge history, and mostly spend my time on the server attempting to make up RP, and usually failing miserably. So, I definitely could say that I have RP experience, as I am also in an RP Heavy Regiment at the moment (ISB). As much as I hate the word, I believe that I am rather creative when it comes to writing plots and ideas. I mostly take inspiration from existing media when it comes to making up ideas, I also bring the Empire's theme into question when it comes to writing event ideas. I am mostly active during late hours, when player numbers drop to a dwindling 30 and RP is almost non-existent. By being active at this time, I could give those 29 people a small event and allow them to go to bed, knowing that their final seconds on the server for the night was something eventful.

What can you do to make events more enjoyable and innovative: We are all familiar with most filler events. With all due respect, and without trying to offend any existing Event Masters, we are all familiar with the usual on-ship aggressive event and the usual on-ship passive aggressive event. An aggressive event where the hostiles board from MH2 and have a 10 minute long firefight in the tram line, then eventually switch and take over the engine room. A passive aggressive event where some characters board the ISD, acting all friendly and helpful, then shoot you in the back when you're not looking... and then take over the engine room. We've seen it multiple times and I want to bring more variety and change towards making events. I want Event Characters to be like actual people instead of a bunch of faceless AI shooting at you. I want to bring more immersion and story-telling in events, explain to players what's happening and why things are happening. I would also like to involve more regiments into events, regiments that usually don't get much time in the spotlight. The events that happen will depend on what regiments are on and the number of members present in each regiment and set up the event accordingly to how I predict the regiments will perform during the event. I will also bring in the Empire's theme into events to give players the feeling that they are indeed part of the Imperial Army and show them how ruthless the Empire can be, I won't focus on the object of the event (ECs), but instead the subject of the event (The Imperials). Morals will be questioned, tested, and even twisted.

Do you have basic knowledge of ulx commands: Yes, a tad bit.

Anything else you would like to add: In a week from know, I will be rather busy and won't be on the server much. Thank you, and I look forward to see what you have to say. 

Event Idea 1: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1oBsdY08C12wrUVf-JsMgzN4pXIf35WQ97sB5uhH326Y/edit?usp=sharing

Event Idea 2: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1YIrcmnccNKlJ109EZJ3_xguTIWb7GPqAaWtlbNeLsHA/edit?usp=sharing

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Terms of applying:
1. You may bump your application every 7 days after the last bump/post (1 week)
2. Any user may provide feedback by +1 and or -1 your application
3. Advertising your application in OOC, chat box, personally telling people and any sort of social media will lead to your application deny
4. Failing to answer questions can lead to your app being denied
5. False information can lead to your application being denied
6. Failing to meet the requirements can lead to either your app being put on hold or denied
7. Must have more than 3 days on the server
8. To Clarify, you do NOT need to know the basic ULX commands however we prefer you learn before being accepted.
9. Asking for help from staff and/or past staff members will result in your application being denied, to avoid this you may look over accepted event apps to use as inspiration but not copied.

Agreement:
I accept that I am a representative of Imperial Gaming, and that I have been given these powers to make the experience of others better. I understand that advertising my application can get it denied. I accept that I may be demoted at any time by a senior member of staff without prior warning, as long as a valid reason is given. I have read all the rules and understand them completely, if not I will ask a higher staff member for a better explanation.

Edited by Kristofer
  • Upvote 5

+1,

Your application is well written and has a great amount of detail within it. Your event ideas are nicely written and are full of detail, it is all planned out perfectly and formatted nicely. From personal experience being around you and sometimes working with you have I seen that you can improvise which can be a major part of being an event master during an event going wrong. You have shown many times before and I expect to see you show it once you have achieved the rank of trial event master that you can stay focused and succeed as you have done and are doing currently in everything you do. Your playtime is great and you have not earnt yourself any warnings or bans. You have a 'tad bit' of knowledge on ULX commands but once you achieve the rank of trial event master you will become all too familiar with them in a matter of days. That's all I have to say so Good luck and God Speed!

, - Wombatiacus.

• Upvote 1

• Retired Veteran

Massive +1.

For me, this is a close to perfect application. 

• The events are amazing ~ extremely detailed and unique.
  • Formatted nicely and the answers demonstrate a good understanding of events an a willingness to learn
  • Active member within the community and well respected

Good luck 

-Cecil

• Upvote 1

+1

- Very active member of the community and a very serious roleplayer

- Events are detailed perfectly and are very unique

- Application is packed full of detail, shows you really want the spot

(As Excalibur stated, has a degree from the Indian School of Business)

• Upvote 1

Huge +1

Hey Kristofer,

Thanks for applying for the position of Event Master within the Imperial Gaming community. Your app was very well done and almost flawless, none the less I have listed all the points I noticed within your application and your in-game demeanor.

Positives

• Active member of the community (despite being from another country)
  • Mature, Despite only being 15
  • Good Intentions for receiving the role
  • Trustworthy enough to gain the role of EM
  • Well formatted application with well responded answers
  • Well respected community member
  • Very unique and well thought out Event Examples, could make for some new and exciting events

(has very prestigious degree from the Indian School Of Business)

Negatives

• Second event idea proposed lacked detail within the acts (not a huge deal)

With Kristofer being apart of ISB I have had the pleasure of working with him on an almost day to day basis and seen how he operates and interacts both with the other players and the events that take place, Kristofer is always the first from the Bureau to get involved with any and all events thrown his way showing just how enthusiastic he is towards the Events and the RP itself. After reading the events Kristofer has linked within his application I feel like he can bring a unique and fresh mind to the current Event Master lineup and create some new and exciting event ideas to help engage members of the community as much as possible. I am more than happy to vouch for Kristofer and give his application a +1 and wish him the best of luck in his endeavours to become a member of the Imperial Gaming Event Master team.

Meme:

Spoiler

"Did you know if you add [IG] in front of your steam name you can earn an extra 20 points every 5 minutes!"

Sincerely,

Sully

Edited by Sully
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Cecil said:

Massive +1.

• Formatted nicely and the answers demonstrate a good understanding of events an a willingness to learn

Good luck 

-Cecil

Big ol' +1 for this top gent

6 hours ago, Wombatiacus said:

+1,

Your application is well written and has a great amount of detail within it. Your event ideas are nicely written and are full of detail, it is all planned out perfectly and formatted nicely. From personal experience being around you and sometimes working with you have I seen that you can improvise which can be a major part of being an event master during an event going wrong. You have shown many times before and I expect to see you show it once you have achieved the rank of trial event master that you can stay focused and succeed as you have done and are doing currently in everything you do. Your playtime is great and you have not earnt yourself any warnings or bans. You have a 'tad bit' of knowledge on ULX commands but once you achieve the rank of trial event master you will become all too familiar with them in a matter of days. That's all I have to say so Good luck and God Speed!

, - Wombatiacus.

^^^^^^ (He also has a degree from the Indian school of business)

• Thinking 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Cecil said:

Massive +1.

Good luck 

-Cecil

+1

6 hours ago, Cecil said:

Massive +1.

Good luck 

-Cecil

Huge +1 from me, Kristofer is an extremely active and mature individual who would be a great Event Master.

7 hours ago, Cecil said:

Massive +1.

Good luck 

-Cecil

+1

BIGGEST +1 EVER!!!

I would agree that Kristofer would be a excellence candidate for Event Master as:

• His application is well planned out and has detail
  • He is responsible in character and out of character 
  • Excellent at RP
  • Good Events

+1! Would love him to be an EM!

-First two simple yes/no questions-

Good! You don’t bunch up in the heard of sheep that believe longer sentences = increased success. Short and clear answers are always better than long and unnecessary paragraphs.

-Why are you applying for event master?-

Fucken great! You’ve highlighted the main points that encourage your pursuit into desiring this role. It’s great that you can briefly but yet clearly express the significance of a singular individual/event, essentially underlining the cause and effect. You're consistent on the idea that Event Staff is not a personal desire, it’s a communal entertainment which I find awesome. Often applicants deviate from the question and start hindering how it could benefit themselves, but you remain enlightening. Good work! B+

-What can you bring to the Event Master Team?-

Here is where shit hits the fan. You’ve started off strong and positive, but then you struggle to extract monumental ideas from these questions. Yes, activity is helpful, but it’s really the skills you can bring to the team is what makes you stand out. Briefly stating creativity is not a qualification, it’s more of an introspective standpoint. At least you’ve coherently delivered your points, good.

-What can you do to make events more enjoyable and innovative:-

I like how you criticise the current EM team, it good to show that you analyse. However, you more of which argue more against the current team than actually address the question. Yes, you introduce your ideas of how you’ll successfully make events more successful, but ironically all these ideas you’ve stated have already been used. I think you’ve somewhat mentioned that events repeat after itself, totally fair, G-Mod is only so limited. But you crumble your starting argument by concluding with contradiction. You also spelled “thriller” wrong in your first sentence.

-EVENT1-

It’s great that you’ve fluently and clearly delivered your plot, but this is where it begins to hurt.

Ok, it’s extremely hard to fill-in players of the engaging plot, it’s almost impossible to make it actively clear. Most events struggle to maintain this plot, often with active shooting, players mindset deviate from the plot. Your event seems to be an infiltration of a minority group who betrays the Empire through a premeditated attack on the Empire’s achilles heel. You struggle with the idea that a SWRP plot is similar to an actual film plot. These plots can’t pair together, why? Because you can’t introduce persona’s into a G-mod server within 30min events where players don’t even explicitly engage with plot/characters; it’s more of which just combat.  

Now you’ve utterly contradicted yourself by not incorporating “regiments that usually don't get much time in the spotlight”, but instead confining it between ISB. Bombs also obstruct the majority of the player base.

I’m not going to bother reading the transcript as it is unnecessary.

-EVENT2-

I like this plotline; the Imperial Army fence rides the domestic conflict of three parties, evidently exterminating 1 and deciding whether to kill the lasting 2. This idea is much better than your first. You’ve captured the idea of being an Imperial, willing to conquer with force. I think this plot will more easier to deliever to the players; it’s merely just 2 steps. I’ve never seen more creativity in applications in my experience writing these responses, you’ve enlightened me with ideas that are truely fascinating. You should’ve elaborated further on your creativity in the questions because this is one of your strongest skills.

Overall, really good, I couldn’t think of a reason to dislike this application. Goodluck.

So you say no filler Events have variety. How are you going to add variety? Can you tell us what sort of things you will do? If you're going to say that about the events we produce, I would appreciate you saying how you will fix it, not what you are going to do. Event Number one is quite basic in terms of the plot. It is basically a shipment comes onboard, a bomb threat, and a gunfight. The Second Event is a nice idea, but you need to consider the flow and what all people are going to be doing at all times. 

With that said I am going to be giving you a NEUTRAL.

• Downvote 1

• Retired Veteran

@Bearmax

Despite how notorious your Death Responses are viewed by others, I loved reading how you constructively criticized my application. Your points within the response were all incredibly valid and I actually agreed on most, if not all, of them. I agree that the answers to question 3 and 4 were rather underdeveloped and didn't have as much information, detail, or thought put into it as much as I would've liked it to have. I agree that Event Idea 1 was really over the top and would be a very large hassle to pull off, and imagining it being played out in-game.. It doesn't really seem it would be all that fun to partake in.

2 hours ago, Bearmax said:

You also spelled “thriller” wrong in your first sentence.

I didn't mean to say "thriller". I meant to say "filler".

All in all, I appreciate the Death Response. Thank you.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Application has been edited accordingly

Edited by Kristofer

On 1/2/2019 at 2:50 AM, Cecil said:

Massive +1.

Good luck 

-Cecil

• Welshy locked this topic