Recommended Regiments?

Hey @AlphaSnerpyDerp,

Below I have compiled a list of some regiments (i will try to add more as i think of them) that I feel do not require a high level of Climb SWEP skill and have also briefly described each role to give you a clearer understanding on which role does:

• Navy: This regiment is in control of controlling, navigating and piloting the Star destroyer as well as conducting a variety of other important tasks relating to the ship and its overall operations. Navy offers the chance for a wide range of RP and regularly conducts simulation exercises.
  • ISB: This regiment is in control of conducting investigations into matters of ship wide security as well as any threats made towards the empire or those who serve it. ISB offers the chance to conduct a wide range of RP tasks such as Investigations, Interrogations, Re-education and [REDACTED] projects.
  • Regional Government: This regiment is in control of the legalities aboard the star destroyer and handles things such as Clearance level tests and other various documents and databases. Regional Government allows for multitude of RP tasks regarding policies and other legality matters.
  • Sith Marauders: Sith marauders are Jedi hunters who focus on retrieving and protecting Sith artefacts such as holocrons, the marauders also frequently assist ISB in interrogations with their abilities to hold a strong grip on the minds of troopers. Marauders allows for a wide range of RP tasks in regards to Sith related matters. 
  • Sith Inquisitors: Sith Inquisitors is a regiment that is purely focused around the art of saber combat and works of consistently fighting off hostile Jedi and sparring in duels to increase their proficiency. Inquisitors does not allow for a great deal of RP however is great in terms of saber combat if that is the route you were after.
  • Shadow Guard: Shadow Guards are a saber wielding regiment tasked with the protection of Lord Vader and are the and display qualities of high obedience, becoming apart of the shadow guards requires dedication and taking a oath of silence until you reach a certain rank.
  • Royal Guard: Royal Guards are a saber wielding regiment tasked with the protection of Emperor Palpatine himself and much like the shadow guard display qualities of high obedience and dedication. Royal guards also require an oath of silence however it opens RP to serve under the Emperor.
  • ISC: Imperial Star-fighter Corps (ISC) is a regiment tasked with the piloting of a wide variety of Imperial fighters and shuttles. ISC are also tasked with conducting the pilot tests for other troopers and often engage in dogfights with hostile fighters. ISC is a detachment of Navy and often engages in RP scenarios or combat simulations with them.
  • Engineers: Engineers is a regiment tasked with building the foundations of the Empire, they work hard in building a variety of different things both in combat and on ship. Engineers are able to reinforce locations with sandbags or other armoured protection as well as construct and do maintenance in and around the star destroyer, Engineers also work hard to manage the various systems aboard the ship including the Reactor room which supplies power to the entire ship. Engineers is a detachment of Navy and allows for a variety of RP whilst aboard the ISD
  • Medics: Medical Troopers are vital in maintaining the health and well being of the troopers aboard the star destroyer, as a medic you are able to conduct a variety of RP scenarios based off operations, checkups and other medical procedures as well as conducting call outs to locations around the ship to rid troopers of any viruses or illnesses they may contract.

These may not be all the regiments but these are the main ones I can think of at the time of writing this, none the less a lot of the regiments on the server do not require a high level of skill regarding Climb SWEP however it does make the role of their regiment a lot easier (hence why they weren't on the list) by conducting tasks such as traversing areas of the map and scaling buildings or other structural faces. If none of the above roles suit you or sound like something you would want to do there is public training that is conducted regularly where you can work on developing your climb SWEP abilities and if there is no training you can always ask the higher ranking troopers within the ST's to conduct some and i'm sure they would be happy to do it. I wish you luck in finding a regiment so you can further develop your skills and add more enjoyment to your role play experience.

Below I have attached the Expression of interest forms for both ISB and Navy for if you wish to apply for either, the rest are available to join via tryouts which are conducted on the server.

ISB EOI: https://goo.gl/7LB159

Navy EOI: https://goo.gl/aoh4L9 

Sincerely,

Sully/Wren

Edited by Sully
  • Upvote 1

If you want to, you could join Chimaera Squad as they barely use climb SWEP and when we do it's jumping down from higher places that Grand Admiral Thrown brings us too. We mostly guard, kill for the Grand Admiral and normally adhere to his bidding. The only time we use Climb SWEP is if we are looking for the Grand Admiral or who ever we are guarding at the time as who ever we're guarding is normally a staff member who no clips to certain parts of the map that we cannot reach without going through obstacles. That's just about all the Climb SWEP we do in Chimaera Squad. Good luck in finding your desired regiment and I hope you enjoy yourself in what ever regiment you earn entre too.

Edited by Wombatiacus
8 hours ago, Sully said:

Hey @AlphaSnerpyDerp,

Below I have compiled a list of some regiments (i will try to add more as i think of them) that I feel do not require a high level of Climb SWEP skill and have also briefly described each role to give you a clearer understanding on which role does:

• Navy: This regiment is in control of controlling, navigating and piloting the Star destroyer as well as conducting a variety of other important tasks relating to the ship and its overall operations. Navy offers the chance for a wide range of RP and regularly conducts simulation exercises.
  • ISB: This regiment is in control of conducting investigations into matters of ship wide security as well as any threats made towards the empire or those who serve it. ISB offers the chance to conduct a wide range of RP tasks such as Investigations, Interrogations, Re-education and [REDACTED] projects.
  • Regional Government: This regiment is in control of the legalities aboard the star destroyer and handles things such as Clearance level tests and other various documents and databases. Regional Government allows for multitude of RP tasks regarding policies and other legality matters.
  • Sith Marauders: Sith marauders are Jedi hunters who focus on retrieving and protecting Sith artefacts such as holocrons, the marauders also frequently assist ISB in interrogations with their abilities to hold a strong grip on the minds of troopers. Marauders allows for a wide range of RP tasks in regards to Sith related matters. 
  • Sith Inquisitors: Sith Inquisitors is a regiment that is purely focused around the art of saber combat and works of consistently fighting off hostile Jedi and sparring in duels to increase their proficiency. Inquisitors does not allow for a great deal of RP however is great in terms of saber combat if that is the route you were after.
  • Shadow Guard: Shadow Guards are a saber wielding regiment tasked with the protection of Lord Vader and are the and display qualities of high obedience, becoming apart of the shadow guards requires dedication and taking a oath of silence until you reach a certain rank.
  • Royal Guard: Royal Guards are a saber wielding regiment tasked with the protection of Emperor Palpatine himself and much like the shadow guard display qualities of high obedience and dedication. Royal guards also require an oath of silence however it opens RP to serve under the Emperor.
  • ISC: Imperial Star-fighter Corps (ISC) is a regiment tasked with the piloting of a wide variety of Imperial fighters and shuttles. ISC are also tasked with conducting the pilot tests for other troopers and often engage in dogfights with hostile fighters. ISC is a detachment of Navy and often engages in RP scenarios or combat simulations with them.
  • Engineers: Engineers is a regiment tasked with building the foundations of the Empire, they work hard in building a variety of different things both in combat and on ship. Engineers are able to reinforce locations with sandbags or other armoured protection as well as construct and do maintenance in and around the star destroyer, Engineers also work hard to manage the various systems aboard the ship including the Reactor room which supplies power to the entire ship. Engineers is a detachment of Navy and allows for a variety of RP whilst aboard the ISD
  • Medics: Medical Troopers are vital in maintaining the health and well being of the troopers aboard the star destroyer, as a medic you are able to conduct a variety of RP scenarios based off operations, checkups and other medical procedures as well as conducting call outs to locations around the ship to rid troopers of any viruses or illnesses they may contract.

These may not be all the regiments but these are the main ones I can think of at the time of writing this, none the less a lot of the regiments on the server do not require a high level of skill regarding Climb SWEP however it does make the role of their regiment a lot easier (hence why they weren't on the list) by conducting tasks such as traversing areas of the map and scaling buildings or other structural faces. If none of the above roles suit you or sound like something you would want to do there is public training that is conducted regularly where you can work on developing your climb SWEP abilities and if there is no training you can always ask the higher ranking troopers within the ST's to conduct some and i'm sure they would be happy to do it. I wish you luck in finding a regiment so you can further develop your skills and add more enjoyment to your role play experience.

Below I have attached the Expression of interest forms for both ISB and Navy for if you wish to apply for either, the rest are available to join via tryouts which are conducted on the server.

ISB EOI: https://goo.gl/7LB159

Navy EOI: https://goo.gl/aoh4L9 

Sincerely,

Sully/Wren

I notice the lack of CS, DT and INQT... they guard navy, ISB and sith temple/inquisitors 

2 hours ago, Pendragon said:

I notice the lack of CS, DT and INQT... they guard navy, ISB and sith temple/inquisitors 

DT require a reasonably high proficiency in Climb SWEP (you will not pass tryouts without it), just because they do some guarding sometimes does not by any means that they stand around just looking pretty all day

If you've noticed something missing, fill in the gap, tell the new guy what Chimaera actually do, or you're just bumping your post count without actually contributing anything

11 hours ago, Sully said:

These may not be all the regiments but these are the main ones I can think of at the time of writing this, none the less a lot of the regiments on the server do not require a high level of skill regarding Climb SWEP however it does make the role of their regiment a lot easier (hence why they weren't on the list) by conducting tasks such as traversing areas of the map and scaling buildings or other structural faces.

Also when quoting a comment, it's helpful to read that comment first

Edited by Tonberry
  • Sad 1