While searching around in GMOD i found this breaching charge addon, even though it doesn't really look like a Star wars thing, but it's better then using that detonator that only admins can use
Addon: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1596554153&searchtext=?imw=637&imh=358&ima=fit&impolicy=Letterbox&imcolor=%23000000&letterbox=true 

3 hours ago, Delta said:

The cis shotgun can blow doors open

But this seems epic 

When was that added? I don't remember being able to do this...Is that an secret feature I hear... >-> Also I wouldn't mind seeing the Breaching Charges added to the server since it would add a bit more RP then shooting down a door with a CIS Shotgun ;) So +1 from me on the matter.

EDIT: - If there are problems with it when there are lots of people on and it causing lag then I would change my answer to a -1 because it would be added to the servers already expanding lag factors. But until there is proof of it lagging the server my opinion won't change from a +1 in future, Good Luck and God Speed.

Edited by Wombatiacus

This could be added but its use would be limited as we really dont have many of the HL2 doors (like those in the screenshot). These charges wouldnt work on ISD doors at all. So im neutral as it probably would be more of a gimmick than something useful.

• Upvote 1

Seems interesting enough but tank pointed out we lack those doors so wouldn't do much other then be a remote explosive apart from on off planet events or naboo if fading doors are used.

So until I get the chance to look around and see if there are better remote explosives mods/test the mod myself im:

NEUTRAL.

However it does look fairly cool and has some good features.

Edited by Rad_Cop
I did not read good. Sorry tank.
2 hours ago, Ragetank said:

This could be added but its use would be limited as we really dont have many of the HL2 doors (like those in the screenshot). These charges wouldnt work on ISD doors at all. So im neutral as it probably would be more of a gimmick than something useful.

It'd help if you read the description of the addon

+1

• Downvote 1

Funnily enough Whitey and I tried testing these the other days and as soon as he placed one down and activated it, it crashed his game.

Nonetheless, if we can get it to work it’d be a cool addition.

6 hours ago, Ragetank said:

Sums it up, NEUTRAL from me as well

4 hours ago, Rad_Cop said:

Seems interesting enough but as Goliath pointed out we lack those doors so wouldn't do much other then be a remote explosive apart from on off planet events or naboo if fading doors are used.

So until I get the chance to look around and see if there are better remote explosives mods/test the mod myself im:

NEUTRAL.

However it does look fairly cool and has some good features.

Lol Goliath

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Rad_Cop said:

Seems interesting enough but as Goliath pointed out

Smh im not goliath :(

4 hours ago, Eclipse said:

It'd help if you read the description of the addon

DESCRIPTION

This weapon can plant multiple explosives on any surface.
This includes: Vehicles, Players, NPCs, Props, Doors, etc. 
Not only does it open traditional doors, but also fading doors as well. The detonator is also not specific to the person who plants it. So if you choose to you could plant the explosives and hand the detonator to someone else. If you do not plant near a door, it will act as a traditional explosive, allowing for dual purpose.

I did infact. Besides blowing up "traditional doors" and fading doors its the exact same as the thermal detonator minus the handing of detonators to other people. Also considering that the model is C4 would be breaking immersion.

42 minutes ago, FrenchyFries said:

I feel like the bigger discovery vwas finding out the CIS shotty blows open doors but this does look pretty decent but I'm really not sure on if its for the better or for the worse to be honest.

On 12/27/2018 at 5:39 PM, Ragetank said:

I did infact. Besides blowing up "traditional doors" and fading doors its the exact same as the thermal detonator minus the handing of detonators to other people. Also considering that the model is C4 would be breaking immersion

I would say neutral leaning to +1, could be used to raid tryouts/training though... also if you can latch it onto people I will probably latch it onto a rankor for a suicide rankor Xd (the animal not the reg)

• Whitey locked this topic