Remus's Event Master Application

Steam Name: [IG] remusdeath

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:423644309

In Game Name and Rank: VF "Mandor Teth" | Lieutenant

Time Played (Server Time): 3weeks 3days image.png.6cffad3f48d6ba22946bf9ced98719d5.png

Have you had any warns and/or bans (If so state them): no

Have you been event master on any other servers (If so state them): no

Why are you applying to be an event master: As someone who likes to participate in events, I feel obligated to help the EMs where possible, I want to take the next step and organise events. And as a long time member and ever since the days of E L I T E, I have always wanted to create events that players will enjoy and I want to act on it instead of just dreaming.

What can you bring to the event master team: I can bring a willingness to improve, learn and my creative thinking. I am always enthusiastic in what I do and can efficiently organise others as well.

What can you do to make events more enjoyable and innovative: I want to introduce multiple endings in my events, giving players a choice on how they want it to end. for example, choosing between to people for a mining contract.

Do you have basic knowledge of ulx commands: No but I am a quick learner and believe I can pick it up quickly.

Anything else you would like to add: No

Event Idea 1:

Two’s a Crowd

Plot:

A new valuable resource deposit has been found and two contractors want the contract to mine it for the Empire. Both at the same price but they have different ideas of what they want to do with the ore. one wants to use it to make vehicles and ships for the Empire, and the other wants them to make weapons.

The players (officers of navy or gov) will hold a meeting to decide who gets the contract. Both have brought a small crew with them (4-5) and whoever fails to land the contract will order their crew to kill the other upon them leaving the ship. the players can then kill the hostile crew.

Characters:

• Contractor_Corvyn

• Contractor_Fieris

• Crewman Coryn_1-5

• Crewman Fieris_1-5

Equipment:

• DLT-19s and SE-14Cs for the Crewmen

• SE-14Cs for the contractors

• Raptors/Dropships

Possible Endings (these are just predictions):

1. Corbyn gets the contract: Fieris’ Contractor orders his crew to destroy the other contractor’s Ship or just kill him if that isn’t possible.

2. Fieris gets the contract: Corbyn’s Contractor orders his crew to destroy the other contractor’s ship or just kill him if that isn’t possible.

3. Neither get it: Both contractors order their crews to attack the empire and are most likely killed.

Event Idea 2:

The Invisible Men

Plot:

A cargo transport sends a distress signal asking for help as their oxygen is low. They state that they are transporting goods to an ISD Erandor when they were attacked by pirates and their O2 tanks were damaged. It’s all an elaborate trap and cloaked pirates are onboard. As the pilot attempts to distract and stall the imperials, the pirates sneak around the first floor stealing items from bunks. Unfortunately their cloaks are cheap and deactivate at random intervals for a couple seconds.

If the imperials become suspicious or find cloaked pirates, the pirates will attempt to leave. But if the imperials don’t find them, they stay and move further into the ship.

Characters:

• Pilot

• 4-6 Pirates

Equipment:

• Cloaks for the pirates

• A320s for the pirates

• A Raptor/Dropships

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Terms of applying:
1. You may bump your application every 7 days after the last bump/post (1 week)
2. Any user may provide feedback by +1 and or -1 your application
3. Advertising your application in OOC, chat box, personally telling people and any sort of social media will lead to your application deny
4. Failing to answer questions can lead to your app being denied
5. False information can lead to your application being denied
6. Failing to meet the requirements can lead to either your app being put on hold or denied
7. Must have more than 3 days on the server
8. To Clarify, you do NOT need to know the basic ULX commands however we prefer you learn before being accepted.
9. Asking for help from staff and/or past staff members will result in your application being denied, to avoid this you may look over accepted event apps to use as inspiration but not copied.

Agreement:
I accept that I am a representative of Imperial Gaming, and that I have been given these powers to make the experience of others better. I understand that advertising my application can get it denied. I accept that I may be demoted at any time by a senior member of staff without prior warning, as long as a valid reason is given. I have read all the rules and understand them completely, if not I will ask a higher staff member for a better explanation.

Edited by Remus

NEUTRAL (towards -1)

I believe that there is some base layer here of a good EM, however there needs to be a lot more detail here in each question and in the events, I suggest looking at previous applications to see how much detail is put into each event and each question. If you fix these issues i may consider giving you a +1 or neutral leaning towards +1. I also believe that each event could be better structured with binds and /comms texts in the document so that it shows you have a competency in planning in advance. I would also like to see a greater overview of what each characters role in the event is and what HP they will be given.

-Smoke

• Upvote 2
8 minutes ago, Smoke said:

NEUTRAL (towards -1)

I believe that there is some base layer here of a good EM, however there needs to be a lot more detail here in each question and in the events, I suggest looking at previous applications to see how much detail is put into each event and each question. If you fix these issues i may consider giving you a +1 or neutral leaning towards +1. I also believe that each event could be better structured with binds and /comms texts in the document so that it shows you have a competency in planning in advance. I would also like to see a greater overview of what each characters role in the event is and what HP they will be given.

-Smoke

Completely Agree.

16 minutes ago, Smoke said:

NEUTRAL (towards -1)

-Smoke

Smoke sums it up well, you’re a good bloke and have potential but application is lacking detail.

+1 due to some reasons stated above and how nicely written and formatted your application is, the amount of detail held within is really good but can always be added upon in future. I have had no problems with you in the past or now and you are a pretty good RP'er. Your event ideas a really good and would love to see them in action on the server in future if you do achieve the rank of Trial EM and further on. Good Luck and God Speed! - Wombatiacus.

32 minutes ago, Smoke said:

NEUTRAL (towards -1)

-Smoke

38 minutes ago, Smoke said:

NEUTRAL (towards -1)

Neutral, Reasons stated above.

39 minutes ago, Smoke said:

NEUTRAL (towards -1)

-Smoke

NEUTRAL,reasons as stated above

Edited by Sully
46 minutes ago, Wombatiacus said:

+1 due to some reasons stated above and how nicely written and formatted your application is, the amount of detail held within is really good but can always be added upon in future. I have had no problems with you in the past or now and you are a pretty good RP'er. Your event ideas a really good and would love to see them in action on the server in future if you do achieve the rank of Trial EM and further on. Good Luck and God Speed! - Wombatiacus.

1 hour ago, Smoke said:

NEUTRAL (towards -1)

-Smoke

Neutral

Pretty solidly neutral on this one you have some potential and have been around a while and while I've had some nice experiences with you I've also had bad such as you rushing in on me rescuing hostages then shooting me without asking what's happening. Which then caused the hostages death and my reeducation.

Otherwise everything smoke said you seem to have a okay community reputation just need to demonstrate how you would be a EM.

• Upvote 1

Neutral 
Ello mate, Thanks for applying but I'll have to give you a Neutral, though if things improve then expect a certain +1.
So here are the main points

• Formatting is not good on the application (So to point out the gray striping on the app) it could just be me with a terrible mindset who knows
  • Little Explanation Put more detail in answers the current shape of it isn't good,
  • Knowledge of ULX is lacking (This doesn't really matter it can be taught)
  • Events seem fun and unique but lacks detail.
  • Good Activity
  • Very Mature

If you improve on these factors then my opinion will too.

Cheers
-Mike

Edited by LuckyMikey
2 hours ago, Smoke said:

NEUTRAL (towards -1)

-Smoke

+1

-Mandor is a very old member of the community and with this he would have seen many good events and many bad, with this information he could look at how they went well and how they went wrong and could make better events knowing this information  

-From Mandor being my commander and under my command i can assure anyone reading this that he is very responsible and would never abuse his powers in a negative way

-Mandor is a very mature and focused person and would never loose control of the events he would run and would always make sure to keep them within RP and without going to overboard

-Mandor's Event idea's seam simple but effective and would bring joy to all those whom participate

-Mandor's application is missing details that would make it go that extra step

• 2 weeks later...

Neutral

Most reasons have been stated above. Would like to see a lot more detail put into your application, shows you're willing to work hard for the position.

Opinion subject to change

Good Luck!

I actually don’t agree with everybody on this thread, and that’s because I’ve seen applications both good and bad produce both shit and good EMs. The kicker for me is that you seem to have both game knowledge and the ability to formulate your ideas into a way that makes sense. I would prefer to see you add more detail to your application, but I actually think you’d be a good addition to our team.

+1

(P.S no formatting on phone)

Hey Mandor, 

I really like you personally and I think you are the person for the role. But, upon reading this Application I am not sure that you actually want to be an Event Master. There is little to no detail displayed. Detail is important, it tells us who actually cares about becoming an Event Master by putting effort into their Application. Events are very important and they barely have any detail. We need to see a structure or the stages of your Event all planned out. Please fix this and I will happily change my response. 

NEUTRAL

I’m going to give you a +1

It’s incredibly difficult to come up with events that nobody has thought of or done before to try and make your application stand out, and I don’t think enough people think about that. Your events seem innovative and I know you’re a mature dude, so I believe you could go a long way if given the chance. 

Good luck.

• Upvote 1
11 hours ago, Helsing said:

I’m going to give you a +1

It’s incredibly difficult to come up with events that nobody has thought of or done before to try and make your application stand out, and I don’t think enough people think about that. Your events seem innovative and I know you’re a mature dude, so I believe you could go a long way if given the chance. 

Good luck.

agreed

Neutral Towards +1

You have planned your events with the items and characters well. You made many alternate endings for the first event which will be useful however events rarely go to plan which will make that pointless.

more of a storyline would be required.

3 hours ago, Vevo said:

Neutral Towards +1

You have planned your events with the items and characters well. You made many alternate endings for the first event which will be useful however events rarely go to plan which will make that pointless.

more of a storyline would be required.

On 12/26/2018 at 6:50 PM, LuckyMikey said:

Neutral 
Ello mate, Thanks for applying but I'll have to give you a Neutral, though if things improve then expect a certain +1.
So here are the main points

• Formatting is not good on the application (So to point out the gray striping on the app) it could just be me with a terrible mindset who knows
  • Little Explanation Put more detail in answers the current shape of it isn't good,
  • Knowledge of ULX is lacking (This doesn't really matter it can be taught)
  • Events seem fun and unique but lacks detail.
  • Good Activity
  • Very Mature

If you improve on these factors then my opinion will too.

Cheers
-Mike

From the time I was in 501st, you seemed very mature and responsible, but like most people are saying, put a bit more info in. 

Good luck!

• Welshy locked this topic