Steam Details

Steam Name: Cure

Steam ID: 76561198289431943

Steam Profile Link: https://steamcommunity.com/id/CureAus/

In Game Details

In Game Name: Cure

In Game Rank: Officer Cadet

In Game Regiment: Navy

Time Played: b4377f7816096d7a206ff9b442e6abc4.png.347d3172b362d5ad3f026e4149f94c98.png (Note: Updated playtime on 03/03/19.)

Applicants History & Reasons

Have you had any warns (If so state them): No warns and don’t plan on it.

Have you had any bans (If so state them): No bans and don’t plan on it.

Have you been staff on any other servers or communities (If so state them):

No I have not but everyone has to start at some point so they can fill this section one day. 

What do you believe is the purpose of Moderators on the server:

I believe the purpose of Moderators on the server is to use their power to prevent people who threaten the Roleplay experience of others. Not only this but to also hear every side out regardless of who is pointing fingers at who. This task should be completed without bias or “special treatment” because well that isn’t very fair now, is it? Moderators should achieve this by performing their duties such as warning, banning, handing out tools, answering tickets and performing admin sits when necessary. Aside from their on paper duties listed previously Moderators should be outstanding members of the community who provide a valiant role model for new players and even older ones. 

Why are you applying to be Trial Moderator:

I am applying for Trial Moderator because I want to ensure the Roleplay experience of others is as high quality as possible even if that means this process becomes a detriment to my own experience. Even though I have been playing on the server for a relatively short time, I would also like to help better this community because in such a short amount of time it has provided me with hours worth of enjoyment. I want to bring this enjoyment to other people and remove those who threaten it. In past in character roles on the server I have also encountered hundreds of different people that show minginess, lack of RP and overall rudeness. I no longer have a tolerance for it and I want to do something about it. 

What do you believe you can bring to the staff team:

I believe that I can bring someone who is responsible, hardworking and easy to work with. I have never been warned or even gone close to receiving one in the past. I always give it my all when given a task and always follow orders. I also have a willingness to learn which I have demonstrated over the time spent playing on Imperial Gaming. This willingness to learn has given me the ability to learn new things about RP that otherwise before joining IG I had no knowledge or knew it existed. In short, I believe myself to be someone who is both reliable and responsible when given any role.

Scenarios

Someone mass RDM’s and disconnects from the server. What do you do?

If a player were to commit an act of Mass RDM, I would first check the logs to confirm the names of the people who were killed and how many were killed so that I can use the information in future to warn them once I obtain their SteamID. Next, I would check the recent disconnects by using the !listjoinsdcs command to confirm the player did indeed disconnect and that it was the same person from the logs earlier who was RDMing players. Once I had all the relevant information about the act of Mass RDM, I would warn the player for the counts of RDM and disconnecting to avoid an admin sit.

Someone is bullying another member of the community. What do you do?

First, the two players or more depending on the situation would be teleported away from any Roleplay (e.g. the outside of the ISD) so that both players can be given a chance to present their case. I believe it is important to hear all sides of the story to ensure the right punishments can be dealt to the right players. Once all the players involved and potentially any bystanders have given me their side to the story I would use this evidence and gather more if necessary to confirm that the victim was bullied. Then I would warn all of those who bullied the victim for bullying and give them a stern talking to about how there is no place for bullying on Imperial Gaming and if they are caught doing it again to the same person or someone else they will face far greater punishment. Finally, I would reassure the victim that the offender has been dealt with and that if it happens again to connect myself or another staff member.

You see a high ranking staff member abuse their powers. What do you do?

To start with, I would take note of the staff members name and staff rank (so I don’t forget depends on the time frame). Then I would make myself invisible and use noclip to attempt to record the staff member in question so it can be used as evidence later down the line. Once I gather sufficient evidence I would confront the player regarding if whether or not they understood what they were doing was an abuse of power. If they choose to disregard my questions and leave the area, I would contact a higher ranking staff member (preferably super admin+) and inform them of the staff members abuse of power and present the evidence I have collected while invisible to them so that appropriate action can be taken in regards to their breaking of rules.

Someone threatens to DDOS the server. What do you do?

If a player on the server threatens to DDOS the server, I would first quickly analyse the chat logs or interview bystanders who witnessed the claim from the accused player. If I found sufficient evidence I would screenshot/record anything that would prove that the player had indeed threatened the server with such a claim. Then with the evidence collected I would swiftly ban the player permanently for threatening to DDOS the server. I would finally make sure to keep a hold of any evidence linking the player to the claim in case they attempted to make an appeal on the forums in the future.  

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Things you can and cannot do/rules:
1. You may bump your application every 7 days after the last bump/post by a user (1 week)
2. Any user may provide feedback by +1 and or -1 your application along with constructive criticism/feedback as long as it's not personally attacking the applicant or another member of the community.
3. Advertising your application in OOC, chat box, personally telling people and any sort of social media will lead to your application being denied for minimum 3 weeks.
4. Failing to answer questions can lead to your app being denied.
5. False information can lead to your application being denied.
6. Failing to meet the requirements can lead to either your app being put on hold or denied.
7. 5 or more warnings and your application will be denied immediately.
8. Must have at least 1 week on the server before applying.
9. Must have less than 2 bans to apply (Depending on the situation).
10. You may not increase the font size of the application above size 14 except the title which may be size 24.
11. Please be considerate of others when using colours in your application, all answers must be left in white.
12. Remember that your application is a reflection of yourself, your professionalism and maturity. Not showing professionalism and maturity in your application will lead to it being denied.
13. If your application is denied you may not apply for Trial Moderator for 2 weeks minimum.

Terms
I accept that I am a representative of Imperial Gaming, and that I have been given these powers to make the experience of others better. I understand that advertising my application can get it denied. I accept that I may be demoted at any time by a senior member of staff without prior warning, as long as a valid reason is given. I have read all the rules and understand them completely, if not I will ask a higher staff member for a better explanation.

Edited by Cure
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

@Cure Although you have never been a moderator on a server before, you seem to have a good understanding of what they are meant to do and how to deal with specific situations. From the way you have set out your Application it is clear that you are mature and competent in the rules and common sense of not only the server but IG. +1 from me as I can see you becoming a Moderator who straightens out anyone who is in the wrong in any way.

55 minutes ago, Kenny said:

Although you have never been a moderator on a server before, you seem to have a good understanding of what they are meant to do and how to deal with specific situations. From the way you have set out your Application it is clear that you are mature and competent in the rules and common sense of not only the server but IG. +1 from me as I can see you becoming a Moderator who straightens out anyone who is in the wrong in any way.

NEUTRAL

The app is decent however i want to keep my eye out and see how you RP and interact with players on the server as i have not seen much of you in-game yet

- Sully

I'll give this a tentative +1 the application seems pretty good and from what I've seen in game you do fairly well. 

My opinion may change as I don't know you super well either way good luck.

Huge +1

• During my time with him in Widow Squad, he has always shown himself to be
    • Mature
    • Respectable
    • Calm
    • Friendly and easy to approach

In general, Cure would make an amazing Moderator.

Good luck

30 minutes ago, Sully said:

NEUTRAL

The app is decent however i want to keep my eye out and see how you RP and interact with players on the server as i have not seen much of you in-game yet

- Sully

1 hour ago, Brass said:

Huge +1

• Mature
    • Respectable
    • Calm

Good luck

2 hours ago, Brass said:

Huge +1

• Mature
    • Respectable
    • Calm

Good luck

+1

12 hours ago, Brass said:

Huge +1

• Mature
    • Respectable
    • Calm

Good luck

I don't see you much but if what brass says is true 

+1

• Like 1

+1
You are still my boy cure, even though you joined gov you are still my boy and you would make an excellent staff member

On 12/23/2018 at 6:11 PM, Sully said:

NEUTRAL

- Sully

NOTICE: If you would like your application to be moved to CWRP then please send me a Private Message otherwise this will remain standing for Imperial RP Only.

Changing to a +1

Has shown he is a dedicated, active, trustworthy, mature and respectable person. Would do well on the Staff Team

Good Luck!

Edited by Luigi

BUMP - Thanks for all the responses so far.

Definite +1 from me

Ever since he first joined the server Cure has been respectful to people and mature when dealing with issues. He is also extremely hard working and would be a great addition to the staff team. Best of luck Cure.

1 hour ago, Grif said:

Definite +1 from me

Ever since he first joined the server Cure has been respectful to people and mature when dealing with issues. He is also extremely hard working and would be a great addition to the staff team. Best of luck Cure.

+1

Cure is a good boy, he would do well as a moderator.

Good Luck!

On 12/23/2018 at 7:42 PM, Brass said:

Huge +1

• Mature
    • Respectable
    • Calm

Good luck

Was one of the best troopers I worked with in DT. Cure would do well in a moderator position. +1

Edited by Rivers

+1

During my time in ISB, I've seen a lot of him, the good and the bad.

Coming from what I've just said I just have to give the man a plus 1

Great Guy

Mature

Active and dedicated to the server

On 12/23/2018 at 7:42 PM, Brass said:

Huge +1

• Mature
    • Respectable
    • Calm

Good luck

Ditto for Obvious reasons

On 2/5/2019 at 1:42 PM, Grif said:

Definite +1 from me

+1