Jufacua

Bullock and Rivers

Is Jufacua Innapropriate or Offensive or Provocative  

29 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Is Jufacua Innapropriate or Offensive or Provocative

This isn't so much a staff report, but a potential opportunity to appeal a warn.

About 20 minutes ago I was teleported to the admin "Rivers" where he demanded that I changed my name. I proceeded to ask why, and was then given the response that people in staff chat believe that my name is inappropriate/offensive. This was a shock for me as 3 days ago I was fairly given a warning for having an inappropriate name and ended up changing it to Jufacua. For 3 days I've upheld this name with no issues from staff or players. I present my opinion of the name and refuse to change it unless given a fair reason, as anyone would. I am then teleported above ship, where Rivers informs me that a minority of people have been interpreting my name as "Jew Fucker". Unless you never took highschool English, there is limited to no correlation between "Jufacua" and "Jew Fucker". The name Jufacua was intended to be pronounced either Ju-fac-ua or Juf-acua, both of which do not correspond with Jew Fucker. The only relation between these two would be the "Ju" at the start which sounds like "Jew", however "Facua" does not sound like "Fucker" when said out loud. Its kind of ironic how I made up this name by tapping random letters on my keyboard and staff find a way to interpret the name negatively because of my previous warn. However back to the story, Bullock was then called by rivers as I requested a second opinion, but it seems that no matter what points I made, there was no way to convince them otherwise. According to rule 11, players can have "No inappropriate or provocative names." There is no way to prove my name is inappropriate or provocative, or that I intended for it to be interpreted in an offensive manner, as it has been perceived by some (clearly). I was then warned for failing to comply with staffs orders and kicked from the server due to my denial to change my name. 

The purpose of this post is to get the opinions from others and hopefully get my newly found warn removed if possible.

Thanks.

• Thinking 1
  • Downvote 3
  • Upvote 2

I mean I can see why the Staff team had this concern but in stead of putting up a fight about just comply with their wishes as it saves everyone trouble not a big ask to change your name to something that wont offend people. Your putting up the argument that you had no intend to offend as it is pronounced "Ju-fac-ua" which I get but it is concerning that you had a previously warn for having a inappropriate name and your name either if it intended to be offensive or not wasn't sitting well with members of the community what I'm trying to say is just suck it up and do what is requested of you if you truly intend to play on Imperial gaming you would have no hesitation.  

~ Hyperion

Could you say your name out loud to yourself more than once? Your name is purposely made to sound like "Jew Fucker" and its a warning nonetheless, they asked you to change your name and you refused to. Your name was also pointed out to us by multiple users and multiple Staff agreed that it sounded inappropriate or provocative.

Thanks,

Bailey.

• Thinking 1
  • Upvote 2

i where you are coming from however it is best if you simply comply with members of staff rather than fight them. Your name can be interpreted as "Jew Fucker" as stated by the staff members, which they consider inappropriate and against the servers rules. There are some younger players within the server and the community and staff do not want them going around attempting to say your name.

I hope you can see how this may cause an issue, it may not be your intent but its how it comes across.

- Sully

Hello @Jufacua,

I showed up to the sit at a later point were you and @Rivers had been talking, At that point i had been watching staff chat and heard other staff talking about your name, At first i didnt look into it much until it was explained to me by some of the staff that were concerned. When i turned up you were still not listening to rivers asking to the reason "why" which he had explained many times, I then took over the situation asking to firstly change your name nicely but you still were asking "why" after i told you multiple times the reason, The warning i gave you "Not listening to staff" is because the multiple times i asked you, you refused to change it.   

I see your point but at the end of the day we have kids in our community and staff are here to moderate and protect the server from anything that may break our rules. Rule 11 "No inappropriate or provocative names": These rules are to be enforced by the moderation team & followed by the community, If the moderator believes you may be breaking that rule you should listen to and follow there instructions. If you ever have a problem afterwards, Contact @Flipps or @Head Coach Frank about these problems as they are our resolutions Leaders.

ANiX (Bullock)

Edited by ANiX
frank's @ -_-
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 4

When called into a staff sit I was made aware that your name seemed very similar to that of an offensive term. You had previously been warned for having an inappropriate name by another staff member therefore adding to the concern that your current name may be offensive / distasteful. After taking you into the staff sit you were extremely uncooperative with both myself and @ANiX in even considering the fact that your history along with your current name may raise concern within users and staff alike.

5 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Could you say your name out loud to yourself more than once? Your name is purposely made to sound like "Jew Fucker" and its a warning nonetheless, they asked you to change your name and you refused to. Your name was also pointed out to us by multiple users and multiple Staff agreed that it sounded inappropriate or provocative.

Thanks,

Bailey.

What Bailey has outlined here sums it up entirely. Your name is clearly provocative for the sake of being provocative and rather than attempting to rectify this matter you deliberately chose to argue with staff and not even take into account the concern around your name and warn history. I strongly believe that this is enough to warrant the warning that @ANiX gave to you.

Staff reports are taken extremely serious within Imperial Gaming and I aim to provide a high standard of service to all within the community therefore this matter will not be taken lightly on my behalf.

• Facepalm 2
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Bailey said:

Thanks,

Bailey.

Incase you failed to read my statement, it has no intent to sound like "Jew Fucker" at all and I didn't even notice any similarity until someone mentioned it. even then, the only thing similar is "ju"

@Jufacua, you are not getting the point. 

Regardless that you didn’t want it to sound provocative or inappropriate. You stated that you pressed random keys on your keyboard. It doesn’t matter if it is random or you didn’t intend for it to be bad. The point is that it was. All you needed to do was change it, maybe just press some random keys again. Hopefully, it doesn’t turn out inappropriate. 

Edited by Ramirez
  • Upvote 1

If you just changed your name none of this wouldn't of happened, Staff told you to change your name and you didn't listen at all.

In my opinion, The warn you received is valid and should not be removed.

Hey man.

If several people reported that your name is offensive, then that's a majority win. There's no point in arguing with the moderators of the server as you're just digging a deeper hole for yourself.

I know it may have seemed like you were typing random lettering, but the unfortunate turn out was a name that, in my opinion, does sound a lot like "Jew Fucker".

In the future, please comply with staff, they are here to help you in your experience, not hinder.

Have a nice day.

- Fox

I believe rivers had the right to warn you 

Yeet

But don't call me irrelevant again river's or I'll heck you 

I mean I think it's mostly covered but I can't find a way to say that word out loud without it sounded as least a bit inappropriate. 

Now maybe you read it with a certain pronouniciation where it sounded fine at least in your head but as Bailey said say it out loud. And secondly is think how other people may read it because maybe you say it fine but some private asks you a question or someone gives you a order tries to pronounce your name and swears.

Now it just created more trouble. I get it may be a pain having to change your name and maybe you genuinely made a mistake and didn't realise, but as has been pointed out the staff were called to make the name community friendly and avoid misunderstanding but you just argued and refused.

Which is not the correct approach in future listen to the staff record it and if you think it's unfair raise it with higher authorities through the proper methods.

8 hours ago, Bailey said:

Thanks,

Bailey.

I 100% agree with what Bailey stated Above.

Edited by Rickle

10 hours ago, ANiX said:

I showed up to the sit at a later point were you and @Rivers had been talking, At that point i had been watching staff chat and heard other staff talking about your name, At first i didnt look into it much until it was explained to me by some of the staff that were concerned. When i turned up you were still not listening to rivers asking to the reason "why" which he had explained many times, I then took over the situation asking to firstly change your name nicely but you still were asking "why" after i told you multiple times the reason, The warning i gave you "Not listening to staff" is because the multiple times i asked you, you refused to change it.   

I see your point but at the end of the day we have kids in our community and staff are here to moderate and protect the server from anything that may break our rules. Rule 11 "No inappropriate or provocative names": These rules are to be enforced by the moderation team & followed by the community, If the moderator believes you may be breaking that rule you should listen to and follow there instructions. If you ever have a problem afterwards, Contact @Flipps or @Head Coach Frank about these problems as they are our resolutions Leaders.

This explains it beautifully.